Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 Author
ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
Hmm, don't we all like to be worshiped?
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
[No, no, no no.. most of us don’t like to be worshiped. Though, there are a special type of personality who like that.

Actually, i think what davidssfx realy meant, and should have wrote, is:

Hmm, don't we all like to be praised?

But on the topic of worship.

Worship does not nescesarily mean stuff that you may imagine Stalky, its not all kneeling down and saying: "You are so great" to God

I mean, i'm sure God is well aware of His own greatness and does not need to be told

Worship includes many aspects.

Worship, at a basic level, is just giving attention.

So worshipping God includes things like:

Reading His Word (the Bible)

Time spent in Prayer, (even if it includes begging God to save MF and Stalky from eternal death)

General acts of kindness that you would not have ordinarily done.

Defending your faith in God from the attacks of a horde of rabid atheists in an internet forum may also be considered an act of worship

Worship can also be fun. For example, the Praise and worship sessions during chuch services often include a lot of joyful singing and dancing to contemporary music.

Very Happy

Very Happy  CHEERS  Very Happy

Very Happy  AGS  Very Happy

Very Happy

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:53 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

If this behaviour against prisoners can develop in 2005? by educated Americans from a land where most people testifies to be Christians…. Why cant similar things happen in Soviet GULAGs in 1945?  
If something bad is done in Soviet you scream bloody atheists …   but when a Christian European/American does something.....

LOL

(A) digital cameras were not invented in 1945
(B) Every American atheist is suddenly labelled a christian when it suits Stalky  Rolling Eyes

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Blackstump wrote (View Post):
By your standards i'm a sinner

Actually, by Christ's standards, all of us are sinners (1), Christians and atheists alike.

The only difference between Christians and non-Christians, is that Christians have accepted God's gracious gift of faith, forgiveness and Eternal Salvation (2), gained by accepting the atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ ,who vicariously paid the penalty for our sinfullness.

Just to make things abundatly clear, as a Christian, i have no righteousness of my own (3&4).

My only righteousness, is not my own (4), but rather, it is Jesus Christ's righteoussness, which is credited to me, as a gift, of God's grace (5) (thanks Jesus).

(1) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,(Rom 3:23)
(2)For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God {Eph 2:8}
(3) And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; (Isa 64:6)
(4) not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. (Phil 3:9)
(5) This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. (Rom 3:22)

Therefore, i am not like these selfrighteous atheists who like to judge themselves as "better" than others.

SelfrighteousAtheist1 wrote (View Post):
I belive that I prefer my inferior "heathen" morals over your ...... superior Christian morals.
SelfrighteousAtheist2 wrote (View Post):
But i have higher virtues then you.

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Besides, who said that Germany seeked world domination........

Nobody

And i never said they did

Its just a matter of understanding human nature.

Hitler was a megalomaniac.

Why did man climb Mnt Everest?

Because it was there (because it was there for the climbing)

Why would a Megalomaniac want to conquer the whole world?

Because its there!

Why did'nt Hitler stop after Poland and France?

What makes you think Hitler would stop after the USSR and Britain (if he got them)?

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:59 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
And if you study the penthouse forums you come to realise that although you never thought it could happen to you; actually it can... usually with a blond Shocked

(A) Blondes are overrated, many of the women from my sordid past were blondes.
They became tiresomely boring.
Dark sultry passionate women are the best  Very Happy

(B) Are you sure she was blonde?
Nowadays, you cannot check the color below to find out if you are the victim of a snow job

(C) That thing you thought may never happen, was it a postive pleasure (like losing your virginity), or, negative thing, like catching a venereal disease?

Very Happy

Very Happy  CHEERS  Very Happy

Very Happy  AGS  Very Happy

Very Happy

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:03 pm Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
Muslim man throws acid in face of woman who refused to marry him (a practice in some islamic countries)
Just 2 examples of violent acts, never seen in Australia, until the islamic invasion.

Yeh I know what you mean. We also seen similar new types of crimes here done by the Christian pastors. ... This is one of the new type of christian crime here: The Christian pastor killed his first wife, and then had his second wife murdered by his kidz nanny, who he also sent to kill the neighbour, who’s wife the pastor was fecking

Nothing new about that at all  Rolling Eyes

Murder is a popular passtime in Sweden.

Apparently, more popular than anywhere else.
Quote:
According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 2001 was 10.01 per 100,000 population for Sweden, 1.10 for Japan, and 5.61 for USA.
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/rwinslow/europe/sweden.html

And spousicide is not uncommon in Sweden either
http://www.thelocal.se/42594/20120814/
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-07-13/news/32667035_1_drugs-results-of-toxicology-tests-interviews

Rape is popular there too
Quote:
Sweden has one of the highest rates of reported rape in Europe.
http://www.thelocal.se/19102/20090427/
Of course you could not blame your islamic immigrants(1) for Sweden's record breaking rape statistics, it must be just A Swedish thing..........

(1) Rape Jihad In Sweden
http://muslimrapewave.wordpress.com/1655-2/

Muslim parents beat their teenage daughter to death in front of her siblings, because she was too Australian..
Is one reason for killing once own children worst than another, or do you mean that "this" reason was not as good as the "Australian"-"christians" reason for killing there child? ? Is that what your saying? ..

No Mr strawman
It is just a new and unique a motive.
Just like in Sweden, probably 99% of children killed here by parents are infants.
There are no Christian reasons for killing a child, but apparently it was a legitimate reason in islam.
Doubt even an atheist would kill their own child for being too Australian.

AGS; Do you have a ranking list, like a "Top 10 - "Christian"/"Australians" best reasons for killing your child"”? Cant you paste it here, I whant to see it. Please...

No top 10, but here is a top 5 reason Australians kill their own child

(5) My child was sick and i thought the methadone might help  Shocked

(4) Self defense, my child was trying to kill me

(3) My child was crawling across the driveway while i was reversing my car and i did not see him/her

(2) The child was terminally ill, was a complete vegetable (BrainDead), so we turned off the life support

(1) The best reason: i thought he might grow up without any integrity and be like AT_Stalky  Wink

AGS, have you considered that some crazy parents no matter religion and ethnicity kills there children…? Even Christian-Australians?

As Christians are even against abortion, i can't imagine why an Australian-Christian would kill their own child, other than reason (3)

Top 5 islamic reasons for killing own child

(5) My Daughter refused to wear her Burkha

(4) My son wanted to be a martyr so i supplied the suicide bomb vest and set the fuse

(3) My Child was behaving too much like a westerner

(2) My Child became a Christian

(1) My Child burned some pages of the Koran

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 pm Post subject: Exposing the hypocrite Reply with quote

But to be honest as they sound so alike, I just cant sort em out..
Still haven't found your glasses  Sad

You and Anders Breivik have lots in common, you both criticised Lutherans for their anti Jewish attitudes
But to be honest as they sound so alike, I just cant sort em out..

Can we call Martin Luther A) the father of the Protestant Church and the über-Führer of Nazy idiolegy, or is he better described as B) an  anti-Semite?
This is not a rhetorical question, (A), or (B)??
Either you answer it, honestly, or you should never post in this thread again.

Hmm  Since (A) includes AT_Stalker's delusional fairytale.

and...

It could be assumed that, by "anti-Semite", the Stalker means: "anti-Jewish"...........

After careful consideration i will choose (C),   Laughing

Just kidding, i have Chosen (B), Martin Luther is better described as B) an  anti-Semite?

Now i have earned the right to continue posting in this thread   Very Happy  

Stwa… You successfully avoided answer any of my 6 questions.

Awwww whats wrong Stalker  Crying or Very sad ?

Don't you like it when people treat your questions the way you treat everybody else's questions?

You successfully FAIL to answer questions ALL THE TIME!

And yet, you have the audacity to complain when your questions get the Stalky treatment.

The name: "AT_Stalky" is fast becoming synonamous with the word: "Hypocrite"

If you had the choice to save (A), 300 lives, or, (B), 5000 lives, which would you choose AT_Stalky?
Still no answer  Rolling Eyes

Do you know what the word genocide means?

Tell, me AT_Stalky, do you WANT, or NEED, islamic influence in your society?
This question is NOT Rhetorical!!!!!!
To put it your your own words:
You successfully avoided answer any of my.. questions.

As see it, you have 5 options here:

1) You can lie and say:
"Yes, i want/need islamic influence on Swedish society"
By telling such a blatant lie you expose your total lack of integrity

2) Be honest and say:  "No, i dont want, or need, islamic influene on Swedish society."
In which case you expose your hypocracy for berating me for writing it

3) Never post in thread again
Which, in itself, by default, would be an admission of your hypocracy and prove that you dont have the integrity to answer my question as i answered yours

4) contunue posting without answering.
Which proves that you dont have any inetegrity and that you are too ashamed to admit to your hypocracy.  

5) Apologise for your hypocracy and your barrage of attacks on my faith and myself
This choice would be the only option that would show that you have any integrity at all.

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 pm Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

not necessarily proof of creationism, but some interesting stuff: Typing monkeys: http://www.unmaskingevolution.com/20-typing.htm

David, do you understand the laws of probabilities?

Setting:
4 different balls.
The balls can only be attached as the image illustrates: (Gray can only be attach to Green, Green can only be attach to Blue,  Blue can only be attach to Red.)
Lets say that we have a basket with the 4 different balls. And you take a random ball,
Now, consider the the law of probability, and tell me what the chance that they attach, Gray-Green-Blue-Red, as the image illustrate:

David, please help me here, give me the probability of this event

Wether or not davidssfx understands the laws of probabilities realy does not matter, i'm pretty sure, no, very confident, that you dont comprehend the laws of probabilities when applied to the irrational, illogical and amathmatical theory of evolution.

On top of the astronomically ridiculous, mathmatically impossible odds already pointed out in davidssfx's link.

Those odds also need to be multiplied further, by even more astronomicaly ridulous, mathmatically impossible odds.

Now, the unscientific guestimates put life on earth existing for approximately only 4 billion years

In this time, all told, the number of species of life scientically guestimated, to exist today, to have existed and become extinct, both flora and fauna, is approximately, about 4 billion species.
This means, science would have you believe, an average of 1 new species appeared, every year, happenned accidently by random chance and against astronomical improbabilities.

The unscientific theory of evolution proposes a slow, gradual change.

The evidence shows a fast explosion of life and species

A SLOW process of change?????

As usual, all the factual evidence points away from the unscientific theory of evolution

Just look at any one species of animal.

The unscientific theory of evolution wants you to believe, that over 4 billion years, a single cell accidently mutated, but almost always invariably, in positive, clever ways, millions, or billions of times to become a complex system (the integrated body) of complex systems (Neurological, skeletal, Muscular, Vascular, Hormonal etc) each made up of othe complex subsystems (at the celular level) all programmed to form harmoniously with the most ingenious source code known to man (DNA).
What are the odds of that!
Multiply the odds of that by 4 billion.

We all know, that it only takes 9 months for a single cell to grow into a human being ... Smile

Why? How?

Because that how it was PROGRAMMED to happen  Very Happy   Wink

4 billion years would not even be enough time to form a single protein, let alone a planet bursting at the seems with life popping out in every conceivable and inconcievable place, in every conceivable form and many inconcievable ones too.

There are literally thousands of species that exist that laugh in the face of evolutionary theory

To accept the notion that, that all  this exists because of trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions of fortuitous accidents all happenning in the bargain basement period of only 4 billion years, takes more than a religious amount of faith, many shiploads of naive gullibility to swallow.

Why do people go against all reasonable and logical sense to accept such a massive fairy tale?

Because they want to bury their heads in the sand in order to avoid facing reality  Sad

People dont like to be accountable to God, it is more comfortable to just cruise along, judging themselves as "OK" by their own subjective morals  Embarassed

They just hang on to the vain hope that God does not exist

The evidence of God is everywhere, in every direction.

Face the facts, you will have to face God eventually.

If you aint for Him, GOD will be against you  Shocked

But cheer up, there is hope, the solution is easy, just ask Davidssfx or MF_Church

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Murder is a popular passtime in Sweden. Apparently, more popular than anywhere else.
Quote:
According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 2001 was 10.01 per 100,000 population for Sweden, 1.10 for Japan, and 5.61 for USA.
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/rwinslow/europe/sweden.html.  

That what happens when you put the comma on the wrong place, murders per capita: :

Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:42 pm Post subject: Re: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

murders per capita

YOUR CHART DOES NOT REFUTE THE SWEDISH MURDER STATS  THAT I POSTED BECAUSE IT IS A DIFFERENT YEAR

The point still stand, nothing new there, you failed again  Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Now i have earned the right to continue posting in this thread   Very Happy  

Stwa… You successfully avoided answer any of my 6 questions.

Awwww whats wrong Stalker  Crying or Very sad ?

Don't you like it when people treat your questions the way you treat everybody else's questions?

You successfully FAIL to answer questions ALL THE TIME!

And yet, you have the audacity to complain when your questions get the Stalky treatment.

The name: "AT_Stalky" is fast becoming synonamous with the word: "Hypocrite"

If you had the choice to save (A), 300 lives, or, (B), 5000 lives, which would you choose AT_Stalky?

Do you know what the word genocide means?

Tell, me AT_Stalky, do you WANT, or NEED, islamic influene in your society?
This question is NOT Rhetorical!!!!!!
To put it your your own words:
You successfully avoided answer any of my.. questions.

As see it, you have 5 options here:

1) You can lie and say:
"Yes, i want/need islamic influence on Swedish society"
By telling such a blatant lie you expose your total lack of integrity

2) Be honest and say:  "No, i dont want, or need, islamic influene on Swedish society."
In which case you expose your hypocracy for berating me for writing it

3) Never post in thread again
Which, in itself, by default, would be an admission of your hypocracy and prove that you dont have the inetegrity

4) contunue posting without answering.
Which proves that you dont have any inetegrity and that you are too ashamed to admit to your hypocracy.  

5) Apologise for your hypocracy and your barrage of attacks on my faith and myself
This choice would be the only option that would show that you have any integrity.

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:58 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

You know AGS, as you still have not got it…. I dont want Sharia or Christian law here, as we have already tried it….

Christian love, morals and law in practice.. ... lessons we learned:
1)The Swedish Christian Church liked the burning of witches.
2)The evil christian perverts liked to burn young girls accused of having sex with Satan..
3)The priests liked the burning of the people accuse of having sex with animals…
4)The priests set fire to people for crimes against the lord, as in blasphemies…
5)The good Christian priest used torture to make the poor admit to the allledge crimes…
6a)The churchs burned the homosexuals, 6b) the church later became less evil and just shooped of there heads...  
7)"We" seen the good Swedish Protestant Christian anti-Semitism... ..the Jews… but.. in 1870 the Swedish Jews received citizenship! Wow...
8 )We learned that Christian priest dont match with match-boxes.

The church crime laws that was with us up to 1855…. So "we" know what its like with religious nutters having to much power…

So, actually, I have no problem with secular Muslims, but I have some problems with hard core Christians and any religious nutter who whant to enforce there book morals on "our" society …
Its just different sides of the same coin...

MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Nice to see Finland and our Baltic brothers high up on that list.

Don't mess with us.  Evil or Very Mad  Very Happy  Wink

Haven't followed this discussion for awhile, can't be bothered to read the last few pages, sorry guys. I'm sure it's totally worthy stuff, full of old testament goodness, shoving how hate is really love as long as the bible says so.

Here's a vid of Sam Harris discussing with a Jewish guy about faith.

Link

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Back to David:  So I guess we should not generalize, and say that all morals coming from a book will be black and white and simplistic.

The original question you asked is a very good one ... how do we understand God being good, when He commands the Israelites (via Moses) to take possession of the promised land by acts of war?

Deuteronomy 20
16 However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the LORD your God has commanded you.

First, we need context … for without it there arises the possibility for constructing arguments which don't follow the intended meaning of the text.
The big picture is the unfolding of God's plan of salvation for all mankind ...  the more focused view (within that plan) shows us that God has chosen the Israelites to be a nation from which all nations shall be blessed. Paradoxically, this involves the exclusion of all other nations, until the new covenant ... which is brought into effect by Jesus Christ.

God has with miraculous events brought the Israelites from Egypt to near the Jordan river, after being kept in the wilderness for forty years. And now begins, in the land promised, a new era of God's relation to humans with the creation of a nation in which God Himself is in direct contact with.

Secondly we might look for a meaningful purpose for God’s instructions, since God of the Bible is portrayed as an intelligent being … compared to some world views where the inert hero is randomness and accidental events.

I'll present some text from the Bible and look for signs of methodology. A better understanding of the laws which God expected the Israelites to live by, the consequences of obeying them or not, as well as other relevant information is found in the book of Deuteronomy (others as well).

Deuteronomy 4
5 See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. 6 Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.” 7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? 8 And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?

Deuteronomy 2
24 “Set out now and cross the Arnon Gorge. See, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his country. Begin to take possession of it and engage him in battle. 25 This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you.”

Deuteronomy 4
32 Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created human beings on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of? 33 Has any other people heard the voice of God[a] speaking out of fire, as you have, and lived? 34 Has any god ever tried to take for himself one nation out of another nation, by testings, by signs and wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, or by great and awesome deeds, like all the things the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes?
35 You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides him there is no other

Deuteronomy 5
8 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments

Deuteronomy 9
4 After the Lord your God has driven them out before you, do not say to yourself, “The Lord has brought me here to take possession of this land because of my righteousness.” No, it is on account of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is going to drive them out before you.

Deuteronomy 6
6 These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 2 so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Deuteronomy 8
16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end

Hebrews 12
“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”[a]

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

I'll go out on a limb here, because I haven't studied the enormous heights (or depths, dependent on perspective) of the many classes of information related to the complexity of our existence. But, if God created us and knows us ... then it stands to reason that He is able to predict our behavior. Therefore, since He is good and loves us ... He uses the best possible method to bring about a desired result.

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 am; edited 3 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Therefore, one person could argue that stealing or any other crime is ok, (..) and another could argue the opposite, or somewhere in between. Taken to the extreme, the outcome is. everything is permissible.

David.. .About the Bible morals.. ....something we "heathens" lack.

Ethics / Morals ---> The Law…

Ever considered that the Greeks city states had a law, ever heard about Roman law…
They were heathens, (in there glory days). Still there heathen law protected the citizens property’s and there lives..  
Ever heard of Germanic law? It’s was formed as we where heathens… Still to day the core of the law is the Germanic law. (No it did not regulate the software copyright etc back then…but..) And theft was not ok, neither was crimes to citizens’ life and limb. It has never been ok…

Even heathens came up with laws that regulated the things you seem to believe is Christian morals… Funny ehh? How did they manage to do that without Christian morals? Where did they get them ideas from?
Here is a though… Just maybe, the inner bible of humans, there conscience and inner morals is the only true bible. And that is what God truly gave to humans. Perhapps, thats even what defines beeing a human.

I doubt we can have any civilization without morals - “law” that regulates the fundamentals social and economics interactions. I doubt we can even live as neighbours without it. Any formations of humans that extends ouside the family would probably not function without this inner "bible"/morals.

Be prepared for some strong words, and thought that may disturb any person living in a mental cave. Be warned of pressing the button, for you may be shocked.

Hidden: 
Civilization did not start with Christianity, "heathens" are and have lived as neighbors and formed civilizations for a long time on this planet...  

I pity them who god has not given an inner bible. Without it, can one even be called a human? Perhaps, it explains the blind searching in books for what has been deprived some of the unlucky, for life must be hard with out it.     

Phuu, September, Monday, only 1 hour free time left.  Crying or Very sad

See ya all, thanx for the debate.

Let's not forget the "delightful freedom" (as some say) ... from the constraints of accountability

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:11 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

You know AGS, as you still have not got it…. I dont want Sharia or Christian law here, as we have already tried it….

Christian love, morals and law in practice.. ... lessons we learned:
1)The Swedish Christian Church liked the burning of witches.
2)The evil christian perverts liked to burn young girls accused of having sex with Satan..
3)The priests liked the burning of the people accuse of having sex with animals…
4)The priests set fire to people for crimes against the lord, as in blasphemies…
5)The good Christian priest used torture to make the poor admit to the allledge crimes…
6a)The churchs burned the homosexuals, 6b) the church later became less evil and just shooped of there heads...  
7)"We" seen the good Swedish Protestant Christian anti-Semitism... ..the Jews… but.. in 1870 the Swedish Jews received citizenship! Wow...
8 )We learned that Christian priest dont match with match-boxes.

The church crime laws that was with us up to 1855…. So "we" know what its like with religious nutters having to much power…

So, actually, I have no problem with secular Muslims, but I have some problems with hard core Christians and any religious nutter who whant to enforce there book morals on "our" society …
Its just different sides of the same coin...

Let's look at the logic here:

If some Christians have done bad things, then there is no reason to believe in the Bible
Some Christian have done bad things
Therefore there is no reason to believe in the Bible

If some religions do terrible things and act crazy, then all religions do the same, and it's better to be Atheist
Some religions do terrible things and act crazy
Therefore all religions do the same and it's better to be Atheist

If some religions aren't true, then none are true
Some religions aren't true
Therefore none are true

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Come on guys,

The links that Stalky has recieved contained the answers to all his questions.  Exclamation

He is just tollin ya.

Stalky,

Please, we want you to save yourself before it is too late.

And it helps if you know how to play the banjo.  Idea

Link

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:10 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

btw, thanks for the links Stwa ... umm, most of them anyway Smile

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:05 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stalky you really should be Australian, there's still a few of us left (don't tell AGS).
Stwa you funny ! (pot calls kettle black).
AGS you funny too ! (you have and Asian wife and a Koori friend, but your anti Muslim/boatpeople stance doesn't click with your forgiving Christ's believe, what a conundrum).P.S (Your ancestors were boat people too).
David change back before its to late !

"percute et percute velociter"

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:28 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Blackstump, Smile apart from the 9 month of cold, u would also like it here.

----------------------------------------------------------

Let's look at the logic here: If some Christians have done bad things, then there is no reason to believe in the Bible

The logic of my post should have been: I don’t want any religious moral laws here -> As we have already been there and done that -> The experience from that told us that if you give a Christian priest a match-box, he will play with it -> I prefer secular law, and have no problem with people no matter what religion as long as they don’t want to enforce there book morals on sociaty. ->Religiuous nuts no matter what book morals, is just different sides of the same match-box.

See, that was the logics.

Some Christian have done bad things Therefore there is no reason to believe in the Bible

David, I never said that. Stalky know that there are many religions that are basically based on bad things. Bad things are thus no opposite to religious beliefs or books.

If some religions do terrible things and act crazy, then all religions do the same, and it's better to be Atheist Some religions do terrible things and act crazy. Therefore all religions do the same and it's better to be Atheist

No, the post did not in any way say why Im an "atheist", or more correctly; how I "came" to reject christianety...

If some religions aren't true, then none are true
Some religions aren't true. Therefore none are true

If some of your logics aren’t true, then non are true
Some logics aren’t true. Therefor none are true.  

a9

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
And it helps if you know how to play the banjo.  

Link

Your right..

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Jump to: