Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Author
MajorFrank

Rep: 41.8
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

I see you're all still at it, nice.  Smile Looks like this turned out to be one of my more inspired threads, or at least, you know, long.

Dj,

hmm, I'm not sure how to provide "sources" for my pretty anti-religious views. Like, you know, science? And stuff? I've mentioned psychology earlier in this thread and the ways in which psychology explains why people are religious and why the human brain has a tendency to basically create imaginary things such as religions. And AGS said that he agrees with some type of psychology but I kinda doubt it considering how anti-religion many basic tenets of modern psychology are.

Some individuals just have a more active imagination, nothing necessarily wrong with that. I think AGS is probably a very creative individual who, if he targets his creativity correctly, can be very useful to society.

So, I'll try to give you sources if you were so kind as to specify what aspects of atheism, non-religiousness, etc. you would like sources on.

Cheers,

MF

PS. I'm angry!  Very Happy

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Whereas, when Filipinos talk about Filipinas marrying Caucasian men, we have cautionary tales about OUR WOMEN being beaten by their white husbands... -LoneRebel

OMG Exclamation   Arrow

Link

Last edited by Stwa on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:23 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

... psychology explains why people are religious and why the human brain has a tendency to basically create imaginary things such as religions. -MajorFrank

More on OUR WOMEN, religion, psycology, science, and the human brain.  Arrow

Link

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

NUTS

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

ArmeeGruppeSud

Rep: 9.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 pm Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
If I had a Nickel for every time someone trolls on this thread...I would be rich.-.

*tinkle*

dj wrote (View Post):
@ASG -.
.            Oh crap, i'm getting trolled again  Rolling Eyes

Why do the trolls always pick on me  Rolling Eyes

dj wrote (View Post):
you keep going over the "Islamic influence" stuff.
.     Here is another nickel for your tin (sfx) *tinkle*

Here is the dummy's/idiot's book answer for you.

Q. Why does AGS keep explaining the"Islamic influence" stuff over and over again?

A. Simply because the Trolls keep bringing it up again and again, over and over.

So don't blame me, blame the trolls who endlessly bring it up.

Now because you brought it up, yet again (*tinkle*)  Rolling Eyes , i will ask you the question:

@ DJ, do you WANT/NEED Islamic influence in your society?

Now don't be a gutless wimp like all the others hypocrites who refuse to answer that question

Please answer in a sentence.

Or am i the only person on this forum who is honest enough to say it?

dj wrote (View Post):
That's not the issue.  It is about immigration policy.  If you do not like the people your country admits, don't blame the Islams for wanting to get the hell out of their fundamentalistic war-torn nations.

My beef is with our secular government, our secular media and with the secularly evovled political correctness BS, that if unchecked, will lead to this nation, once called the "Lucky Country", becoming the asshole of the world  Sad

Myself and many other Australians are totally sick of our nation bending over and letting the rest of the world sexually abuse our rhectum!

We dont have protectionism re import/export (like everybody else incld USA).

So our farmers have to let their fruit crops rot on the ground because we are forced to buy foreign fruit that we don't need.
We must buy apples from countries (that we dont need) that have apple diseases (that we dont have and dont want) because we are the only nation in the world who signed every ttreaty and obeys all the rules  Rolling Eyes

Australia is the least racist, least protectionist, most obediant to international rules/treaties in the world and what do we get for that?

WE GET SCREWED !!!

dj wrote (View Post):
You can't say the Islam Fundamentalist nations are bad, yet won't support the people that want to get the hell out and live in a Western free democratic nation.

Oh yes i can, dont worry, i morally support their efforts to change their own country into a Western style free democratic nation.
If they are prepared to die (risk their lives to get here on unseaworthy leaky boats), then they should risk their lives for an unselfish cause like reforming their own nation (instead of changing our nation into yet another shithole).

But them coming here, in the long term, can only lead to this happy Western style free democratic nation becoming another miserable Islamic Fundamentalist nation.

No matter, i am emmigrating in a few years and gonna rent my house out to some Muslims or Chinese  Laughing

dj wrote (View Post):
Even here in America we are constantly being hi-jacked by so-called "Christian" fundamentalists that instigate violence by threatening to burn holy books of other religions or celebrate death of our own soldiers because Gay people exist.

Yeah, Fred Phelps and the Westborro Church also celebrated during the Australian bushfires over the incineration of every evil australian
Please dont use the term  Christian fundamentalists to describe the Westborro Cult GroupThats like calling the Republican and Democrat parties the Fascists and Communists

dj wrote (View Post):
I'm pretty certain Jesus would not approve of these scumbags masquerading in the name of religion.

Amen to that!

Very Happy

Very Happy  CHEERS  Very Happy

Very Happy  AGS  Very Happy

Very Happy

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total

dj

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Last time I checked, English is both of our native languages.  Although we may spell and pronounce our words differently.

Ok that is fair.  Let me make this as clear as I can.  I do not want any religious influence of any kind.  No activist Partisan agendas in politics.  People should be free to practice whatever religion/denomination they choose...but not force me to adopt their particular views.  Again is it complete hypocrisy and my beef with my own Government how the Partisans leverage religion to keep their factions to follow with blind obedience...to the point where the facts or issues do not even matter.
Do I particularly like it when the hard-core Islamic women in my own community walk around in 100 degree temperature covered from head to toe in all black, or with just a small slit for their eyes so they can see?  No.  But if they want to walk around looking out of place or how people dressed 1000 years ago...it is their choice.  I respect the laws, the Constitution and how our Freemason (not Christian) founding fathers wanted separation of Church and State.  My very own Great Grandfather left England because he was tired of the persecution of Catholics.

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Ok that is fair.  Let me make this as clear as I can.  I do not want any religious influence of any kind.

Clear as a dust storm on a foggy night

Answered like a real politician

Dodged the direct question completely

Basically thats the same gutless wimpy answer that Stalky gave

So dissappointed in you dj  Sad

and i thought English was our 1st language

Ok, i will make you look like a real man with some non-gutless editing (in italics) to your statement

dj wrote (View Post):
Ok that is fair.  Let me make this as clear as I can.
I do not want islamic influence on my society.

WOW

IMPRESSIVE!!!

How macho!

Now you look like a real man
 Smile  

dj wrote (View Post):
People should be free to practice whatever religion/denomination they choose...but not force me to adopt their particular views.

So what you are saying is that no faith based belief system should be institutionised into the national system?

Then why is the godless theory of evoltion imposed on taught to y/our children as a fact! in shcools?

The theory of evoltion is part of the faith of atheists, who by faith, believe everything that other atheists tell me them that denies the existance of God.

Did you know that the Evoltionist atheists have a deity?

Its true!

They have a goddess called "Mother Nature" to whom they acredit all the amazing things they cant explain  Laughing

Just watch some nature documenaries, they nearly always mention her  Wink

This goddess is often attributed with: inteligence; planning; creativity; awareness; foreknowledge; biological engineering; and a myriad of other godlike qualities

Thank God that my faith does not require all the blind faith needed by atheists to believe that this world and its veritable explosion of life that exists against virtualy infinitie mathematical improbabilities while denying the mathematical certainty of the existance of the infinite God.

JESUS DIED Sad  FOR US, BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE Very Happy  FOR US ALL  

Sad  DONT BE AN ETERNAL LOSER  Sad

Very Happy   SAY YES TO JESUS   Very Happy

Very Happy  CHEERS  Very Happy

Very Happy  AGS
 Very Happy

Very Happy

GOD

RIP

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10576

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:59 am; edited 4 times in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

People should be free to practice whatever religion/denomination they choose. -dj

Human Sacrifice

I thought this had been covered back on page 30. I guess you ignored, skipped over, or missed it.

The secular laws that you desire are definately going to control religous freedom.  Arrow  

Link

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:42 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Do I particularly like it when the hard-core Islamic women in my own community walk around ... covered from head to toe in all black? No. -dj

Come on dj, we covered this back on page 29. Remember Stalky's foot fettish.  Question

Hint, PRETEND they are Muslims.  Arrow

Link

curtain6

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

@ AGS      Thankyou

Heartens me to know someone has similiar opinions to mine. Glad to see you got hold of this tjhread.

btw. hope you don't mind , borowed a few of your vehicles for a major cc3 release maybe towards end of year.

respects

Mooxe - I know i'm an old git an not showed my respects for a long time but trying to get in here has cost be 2 bottles of strong and 3 wifes Smile

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:26 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

curtain6 wrote (View Post):
btw. hope you don't mind , borowed a few of your vehicles for a major cc3 release maybe towards end of year.

If you are speaking about vehicle graphics...

Your welcome to them Curtain, most of the were stolen anyhow  Embarassed

Actualy i did modify some vehicles' graphics (tanks, HTs and guns).
They were modified by me using stolen copies of PSP (actually several trial versions of PSP)

If you are referring to vehicles.txt file data strings................

DONT YOU DARE &*%$#@

Embarassed  sorry Curtain, i was temporarily possessed by a cranky French CC5 modmaker's spirit

Seriously, use whatever you like.

The data is what i am most proud of.
It could be better still, but i could not be bothered.
If i was going to re-edit all the vehicle data, i would redo all the FrontSide armor values differently

Dont forget to use the multi-vehicle methodology, that i used to create multiple vehicles, using a single chasis and shadow, which i stole from the Panzerjager mod iirc  Wink

Note what i did with the Nashorn/Hummel and Stugs

Also with PaK88/PaK128/BS-100 and other guns too i think.

GBU

AGS

RIP

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 am; edited 3 times in total

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 am Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Quote:
Dont forget to use the multi-vehicle methodology, that i used to create multiple vehicles, using a single chasis and shadow, which i stole from the Panzerjager mod iirc  

panzerjager has borrowed the chassises from CC5:Stalingrad mod - that time nobody was pissed when the other mod used your resources...

but staying on topic, he was banned for hating muslism - O tempora o mores! Smile

ArmeeGruppeSud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 am Post subject: Amiable political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
panzerjager has borrowed the chassises from CC5:Stalingrad mod - that time nobody was pissed when the other mod used your resources...
but staying on topic, he was banned for hating muslism - O tempora o mores! Smile

Oh, i was referring to the CC3 PanzerJager mod by Luer

Not a mod by PJ the jealous creator of several good CC5 mods

Actually, that concept or idea may not have been taken from Luer's panzerjager mod, it may have been taken from Englander mod, can't remember for sure, it was 7-8 years ago after all.

Not wanting to add to the trainwrecks thread now that we have a clear lead, i shall return to topic
@ Dima, Really!? PJ was banned for having a dummy spit about Muslims

Could not imagine PJ being passionate enough about anything to get banned.
(yes Sheldon, that was sarcasm)

CHEERS

AGS

RIP

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Quote:

ok, sounds cool Smile.

Quote:
Not wanting to add to the trainwrecks thread now that we have a clear lead, i shall return to topic

funny is that noone was banned from CCS posting at this thread...guess Mooxe has changed his view as he did before with other things....

Still, O tempora o mores!

dj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

ok, sounds cool Smile.

Quote:

funny is that noone was banned from CCS posting at this thread...guess Mooxe has changed his view as he did before with other things....

Still, O tempora o mores!

I thought it was mostly due to his arguments with his countryman Zappi. Or the borderline neo-nazi rants did not help his cause. Shame...hopefully he let go of that hate.

Dima - I had similar experience as you.  Already baptized...and once attended Church.  But then got very disillusioned by the hypocrisy, double-standards and especially by numerous people that I knew or heard about on the news that gave a poor impression about religion in general.

AGS - nice try with the trolling, you owe me a can full of nickels.  Not going to take the bait.  We get it you don't like Muslim people that immigrate to your lands.  Which non-secular Western nation are you planning on moving to that mandates public schools pitch your particular religious denomination?  Just curious because it has been oh...maybe a 100 years or so since a White man's land had State control over Church.  How is that State-Controlled Religion working out for the Islamic Governments right now?  There is a reason why the Islamic World is in chaos and suffers from poverty, lack of education and violence...it is because they never have been able to implement a Secular Government, with the exception of Turkey.

There are several reasons why people are trying to get out of the 3rd world and it not just about religion.  Our Capitalistic system thrives by exploiting cheap labor or simply moving entire operations to Commie-subsidized slave labor or India where the cost of living is dirt cheap.  Now instead of having to deal with skirting government regulations to outsource or move overseas, Big Corporations simply bring millions of workers on Visas to Western nations that will work for half what a native resident will accept, with no benefits and not even a full-time regular employee.  

WHAT INFLUENCE?  You meant the influence of those people immigrating into your communities.  Stop trying to sugarcoat it.  Secular Law works.  Religious law does not.  How many millions of Christian against Christian soldiers killed each other because they did not have the same denomination?  Why did they have to die?

dj

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Translation:  don't blame our Western Secular government system for the huge influx of Islam's into Anglo-Saxon neighborhoods.  Blame the Corrupt Capitalistic system that controls our elected leaders with heaps of $$$, influence peddling and backroom deals.

Big Corporations don't give a rat's azz about people or the interests of average citizens.  They will slit our throats to make an extra penny for their greasy selfish paws and for their shareholders.  We've been sold-out.  It is the achilles heel of "Democracy".  It is all about the $.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

How many millions of Christian against Christian soldiers killed each other because they did not have the same denomination?  Why did they have to die? -dj

List of Wars by Death Toll
Religous War

In their Encyclopedia of Wars, authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod attempt a comprehensive listing of wars in history. They document 1763 wars overall, of which 123 (7%) have been classified to involve a religious conflict. -Wiki: Religous War

Well, millions of people have died in religious wars. But many more have died in wars not determined to be religious.  Exclamation
It is all just a few mouse clicks away. This way the uniformed can help themselves.  Exclamation

Link

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

Quote:
In their Encyclopedia of Wars, authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod attempt a comprehensive listing of wars in history. They document 1763 wars overall, of which 123 (7%) have been classified to involve a religious conflict. -Wiki: Religous War

Well, millions of people have died in religious wars. But many more have died in wars not determined to be religious.  
It is all just a few mouse clicks away. This way the uniformed can help themselves.

that's not Hiroshima bomb for sure.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

...it has been oh...maybe a 100 years or so since a White man's land had State control over Church. -dj

Religous War

Violence committed by secular governments and people, including the anti-religious, have been documented including some instances of violence or persecutions focused on religious believers and those who believe in the supernatural. World War I, World War II, many civil wars (American, El Salvador, Russia, Sri Lanka, China etc.), revolutionary wars (American, French, Russian, etc.), and common conflicts such as gang and drug wars (e.g. Mexican Drug War) or even the War on Terrorism, have all been secular. -Wiki: Religious War

Last edited by Stwa on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Reply with quote

that's not Hiroshima bomb for sure. -Dima

Are you sure? Just in case you are right, I will change it out with an unidentified nuke.  Cool

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Jump to: