Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:51 pm Post subject: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3205839

ScottP

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

You're fast! I was about to come here to post that link!

I'd also like to mention we have a gameplay trailer in the works to shed more light on Panthers in the Fog Smile

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

If all of the things they mention in the interview are present and functional in the new system, then PITF will become a must game for all of us. But the same might be said for the 3D game, which may make me wait for it.

And, its not really a CC thing, but now days, I wait a full 1 to 2 years before I purchase any new titles. I am just in no rush anymore.

And then this from the inteview  Arrow

Finally, we’ve made some improvements to the AI opponent will help make it a bit more of a challenge. The AI in previous releases was not very good matching its objectives at the strategic level with its planning and fighting at the tactical level. Now the tactical level AI will be more focused on capturing or holding victory locations (ground) that helps it accomplish its strategic movement goals.

So does all this mean that road Victory Locations are more important to the AI than in previous titles.

I never really had a problem with the AI defending or attacking Victory Locations, because I use CCMT. AI works great, IMHO.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Sounds great! I especially liked the part about mortars. The instant response of mortars in CC is generally quite annoying, and in mods where mortars are especially very powerful this tends to hinder any mobility instantly. I hope that the new mortar system works as they say.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

They didn't answer any of the questions i asked.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ScottP

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:04 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
They didn't answer any of the questions i asked.....

I'm assuming you mean the community interview from the Wargamer? The one we just posted is more of a pointed developer interview, the community one is sure to follow Smile

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I'm assuming you mean the community interview from the Wargamer? -ScottP

Since it seems you are on top of this, perhaps you wouldn't mind supplying answers to Schrecken's Wargamer questions here at CCS, in advance. If I remember correctly, I don't think they were very difficult questions.

The one we just posted is more of a pointed developer interview ... -ScottP

Yea, for some reason, it didn't seem to have a real inteview look and feel to it.  Question

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

GA date I thought was December but then I heard they were going to bump it up to this month?

Are the developers from Slitherine in the UK contributing their developers exclusively to production?  

Too late I'm sure for any major changes...but for the next release with new engine would like to see some feature of CC Mods incorporated such as the Grossdeutchland mod with 10 man AI infantry teams with aggressive tactics.  Or variable / unpredictable tactic such as ambush in strategic points, flanking maneuvers , mass assaults, etc.  The GD mod from CCIII was truly a masterpiece.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:22 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

PITF has some new things i like troops riding on tanks, some i dont!. small squads for one!

beta tester

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

zon

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

How about some new screenshots?

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I am getting the feeling that this Game is going to do 'us' proud?

Expectations or hope can get squashed upon...

Funny how sometimes when you least expect 'stuff' you get delightfully surprised!

Question is... which one is this ?  

:|

MF_Church

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

I guess what i was trying to 'say' is  I haven't bought any of the "ReDo" lastest versions of close combat... believe you me.. i wanted to but the feedback was a mite negative.  Glad i didn't.  Harsh to say, but true.

However, I am really wanting to Buy ! ANYthing at the moment.....  and this newest game's timing seems perfect.  Everyone old and new Close Combat players are primed and ripe and ready...  i think or at least hope so.

:)

God help us.  

:*}

MF_Church

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Just looked at those 'oldish' screenshots of P.intheFog !

I'm impressed.

Really like the bar at the top etc.

:D

MF_Church

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Release date 19th of Nov. 2012 !  

:)

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Slitherine website says 12/31/2012

Pift

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Slitherine website says 12/31/2012

Pift

haha they saw your post and changed it Michael.

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

NO no no

Release date on Slitherine's own website now says 19-NOV GA date...now we also have the cover art available - featuring Panther tank of course.

http://slitherine.com/games/cc_pitf

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

MF_Church

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Finnish Review of the game P in the F.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&from=&to=en&a=http%3a%2f%2fdome.fi%2fpelit%2farvostelut%2fclose-combat-panthers-in-the-fog-ennakko

2 Videos here too!

Enjoy.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

Thanks for the link MF_Church. I am going to buy it even if it includes all the frustrations of the previous releases. I noticed a new blown up tank graphic (turret sitting next to the hull), new explosion effects, the fog, new interface etc. Plenty of reasons for purchasing Wink  Or might the reason be that I am a hopeless collector of the series  Embarassed

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog Developer Interview! Reply with quote

It will probably be received like most of the Matrix releases....

Some will be happy just a for a new CC with some changes while others will feel it shouldn't change or there isn't enough changes....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: