Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

new trailer  Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tecx1V_smo&feature=youtu.be

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

For the little I could appreciate from the new trailer posted above I gather this:

Pros: The movement looks more fluid and less jerky, the new platoon selection method looks a step in the right direction towards historical accuracy. The Tanks look impressive if a little to insipid or bleak.

Cons: The explosions look the same since CC4, still using silhouettes for the team icon on the selection screen, I think that is better for the soldier monitor on the combat screen, for the selection screen I prefer drawn art to dark silhouettes or photographs.

Can't wait!

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Me 2 !

Just might buy this... inspite of multi-player - lack of or not.

(:

In other words... if that ability to play within a dedicated server fails...  and feedback is negative... I'll still buy it.  

* did that sound desperate ?   Razz

MF_Church

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

1 to 2 players.

rats.

Better than... 1.

Kind of thought it'd be up to 10.

ScottP

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
For the little I could appreciate from the new trailer posted above I gather this:

Cons: The explosions look the same since CC4, still using silhouettes for the team icon on the selection screen, I think that is better for the soldier monitor on the combat screen, for the selection screen I prefer drawn art to dark silhouettes or photographs.

Can't wait!

You'll be happy to know that while the trailer used a slightly older build, Panthers in the Fog will have brand-new explosions. Much more realistic and dramatic!

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:15 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

heia Safari!!

MF_Church

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Thanks ! Scott    Very Happy !

ScottP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

I wanted to give you guys a bit of taste of the new explosions in action. In-game they're a lot better than on an animated gif but this way its faster and more 'focused' than making a youtube video of it. I'm in the process of making more (night explosions, air strikes, etc), the real challenge is keeping the file sizes down.

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

They look way better, thanks for posting the gif.

Got a couple of questions:

-Since CC4 we got 2 different animations (or was it three???) for every explosion size, has this number increased?

-I liked how the dust is carried by the wind, is it always that direction or it changes

-What is the process to make these explosion sprites?

ScottP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Hi Kanov,

1.) I'll check with the team on the animations. From the build I've been using, there's a lot of variety in the sizes, but all seem to be similar with slight differences.

2.) Same direction mostly.

3.) The team said that they studied WWII photos and films to get an idea on creating the explosion sprites. The process though is a bit more specific so I'll check with the team.

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:47 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Can't wait!

You guys go ahead. I don't like being the first penquin into the water anymore.  Idea  Laughing

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Also noticed from the new trailer that the dust animation from the turrets on firing tanks is not there.

They are either gone for good or were revamped and weren't ready in the beta build used for this trailer.

ScottP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

Also noticed from the new trailer that the dust animation from the turrets on firing tanks is not there.

They are either gone for good or were revamped and weren't ready in the beta build used for this trailer.

Correct, the trailer used an old build, by the time the new build was done we had finished the trailer.

Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:57 am Post subject: Re: About the first screenshots Reply with quote

[quote="Stwa";p="67293"][quote="Pzt_Kanov";p="67265"]Can't wait![/quote]

You guys go ahead. I don't like being the first penquin into the water anymore.  Idea  Laughing[/quote]

I agree  Very Happy

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: