Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm Post subject: The game was released today Reply with quote

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/433/Close.Combat:.Panthers.in.the.Fog

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

•Enjoy the huge variety of modifications available from the Close Combat Community providing years of additional gaming pleasure.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Purchased and downloading. First one on this forum?  Twisted Evil

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I bought it and I am also downloading. Actually this is the only CC game I have ever purchased after CC5. Let's hope it will not be very disappointing. (I am already sure that it will be disappointing to some extent Very Happy)

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Guys, please povide some insight into the "Slitherine’s integrated lobby system".

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Hi!

First impressions???

heia Safari!!

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

PHP:
Guysplease povide some insight into the "Slitherine’s integrated lobby system"  

Can use your same login as your Slitherine forum login.  Can only play h2h here.  Easy enough to figure out.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

How do you access it? Is it in game or 3rd party? How many players are on it? Are there firewall issues?

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

For the Slitherine lobby system a user account is required. After registration it turns out that old messages of more than a month ago are still being displayed. Apparently they were posted by the (beta) test team. From the screen it does not become apparent straight away what I am supposed to do to hook up to another player. Must admit that I have not read the manual first Wink  
The new unit selection method is interesting. You get to choose from complete companies. Must check the manual fot that too.
Weapons names are not displayed and the player has to go by the little weapons icons to find out what weapons are available to a unit.
On towards the game: foggy map, graphics feel different, then after a couple of minutes the game crashes when I try to move around the "team monitor' panel.
Restarting game now.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Couldn't find andybody online on the lobby yet to test the game. But I seem to have found a little bug. I click on a reply on the posts section, then when I click the answer which appears in the box below the game gives this error: "Close Combat encountered an internal error at address 0x0 and will now exit. Game Version 2012.11.6.1" It doesn't affect anything, actually there is no purpose on clicking in the box below I suppose, but still it's kind of strange.

Anyone else having noticed this?

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Maps are gorgeous. The detail in the roofs is amazing. Hats off to the map maker!
New interface is also a welcome change.
There are some minor 'bugs' in the graphical department though but I am not going to make an effort out of finding and listing them all.
It is just another version of the series. Feels like I have been playing it for the past 15 years or so   Smile

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:13 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Hi Pete,

Can you tell us more about the UI.

Is it still 800x600, or does it expand at all.

I noticed there is a background underneath the UI. Does it expand to your monitor dimensions. (i.e. widescreen)

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

$40 USD pretty steep...unless is it really better than the last ones?  Maybe AI is yet again worse...but there are some graphics improvements?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Pete wrote (View Post):
Maps are gorgeous.

thanks Very Happy

Pete wrote (View Post):
The detail in the roofs is amazing. Hats off to the map maker!

388 seperate and distinct buildings not including colour/tile alterations and building amalgamations.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I wonder if the AI will mount vehicles appropriately and what is more dismount when they should.

arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Just kicked off the download!, looking forward to getting stuck in later this evening.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 am Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I wonder if the AI will mount vehicles appropriately and what is more dismount when they should.

I have not seen yet the AI using these features. I have personally not used them exaggeratedly as it is always difficult to reposition a gun in the battle; this feature is interesting but put a dilemma : is it better to sacrifice a fighting unit emplacement for a truck or is it better to keep it for an extra support unit? The sdkfz 251/1 is an exception as it is both a transport and fighting unit.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

I will see about having the game added to GameRanger.

Pzt_Crackwise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: The game was released today Reply with quote

Did some quick single player messing around. First impression:

+ Great looking maps, buildings look especially great. They are easily entered and exited as CC5. Entering and exiting the buildings from windows which was present in TLD seems not to be implemented. (Although it may have been perhaps more realistic, preventing quick "supress and rush" tactics.)

+ Mounting units and towing guns could be useful in various situations.

+ AI deploys more logically and is more agressive. Performs well in small maps when it defends.

+ New UI is fine, easy to use. I could follow the single soldier's situation better in the old UI though, but still I think it's more about getting used to it.

- AI still can not perform a well coordinated overall assault. Weak in offensive. When under fire, it doesn't retreat his units out of LOS. (As a human opponent would.) They just remain until they die in a building for example. It still performs no flushing-out-fire to possible enemy positions. (Although this would be hard to implement I suppose.)

- Tracers are very hard to notice. I especially have difficulty noticing the American tracers. (It would be nice if they became generally more apparent. And perhaps more apparent at night and less at day time battles.)

- It's a minor thing but It would be cool if trees didn't have shadows at night time. I suppose they are painted on the map, the game doesn't seem to vary them according to time of day.

- I haven't noticed the AI to mount units or tow guns so far.

- Units mount and dismount instantly, it would be more realistic if they entered one by one. (Again this might be a decision similar to the easy-entrance-buildings.)

- Germans seem to have 4 or 5 men teams mostly and Americans 5 or 6. This is a bit different from the GJS 7 men assault, 3 men mg teams. But it is fine when u get used to it I think.

Overall, I liked it a lot. I haven't played multiplayer or the GC yet, but I think finally Close Combat has reached its maximum in 2-D in terms of visuals and it doesn't look like a game out of the last century anymore. : ) Of course, I find the prices of all the Matrix games too high though. If they only reduced the prices to around 25 USD I would buy more games from them.

Cheers,

Pzt_Crackwise

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: