Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

There are definitely some issues with the detonating / repairing bridges in LSA vs CC2 original game.  That is another aspect of LSA that seriously needs to be fixed.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Any news?  Embarassed

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

No use to release untill Matrix fix the crashes in the latest patch with a new patch  Crying or Very sad

market.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  113.28 KB
 Viewed:  11977 Time(s)

market.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

The screen looks good Sapa!

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:06 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

looks great  ! well done !!

a few notes:

- Maybe there should also be a more intensive campaign.. (like the inland campaign in GJS) thats starts after 2 days of fighting? I find the first day very boring, because it deals with moving up the allied troops. I understand that this aspect of not waisting any time is important. But maybe a historical after 2 days of fighting would be more interesting for players who want to have more intense experience. When some german units arrive.

- Indeed make the mortar less effective BUT also make the guns stronger to withstand the mortars as well, a 50 - 60 percent chance of taking them out would be great.

- Would be interesting if you had A choice to take a static bg with you or not when a mobile german battlegroup passes a long, it would improve strategy for the german side.

- Would it be possible to split up groups ? That would be a good thing for the whole game. Even splitting up a very big bg in to 3 very small bg s.. would be very interesting. How exactly the split up would be I leave to you guys.

- Is it me or does the AD-HOC infantry only show up in the battegroup-roster when every other unit for example ersatz, zugtrupp,..  in the roster is taken up in the active roster or dead. For example I had a bg that has fought a lot.. and it had lost several whole units to to lose because the soldiers of that particular unit were disbanded to the back of the bg because only 50 percent of the unit was alive. There were at least 20 men send back to the back of the bg.. that makes up for 5 or 4 units of ad hoc... but they seem to be only available when other units are almost out of the picture..

- I assume there is Ad-hoc infantry for the allied? Never came to the point, that I had a lot of losses, so i don t know. Would be interesting for the arnhem sector.

- What about capturing abondened tanks, guns, jeeps, howitzers, flak guns or even mortars that are left behind? That is a feature I am waiting on for a very long time now. Would be amazing to have a price in your battlegroup roster to use by ad hoc infantry as an active unit. for example if a tiger is captured, but because your ad hoc infantry does not really had any training with the tank the units starts with no training when you allocate it for a battle. But if you for example lost a tank in the previous battle but the crew survived they would be better at handling the tank and the tank starts at a better experience level!

Thanks for the feedback fella's!
If I can help with anything just ask.

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Very Nice Ideas Ske

But i dont think splitting groups or re-using captured enemy vehicles is possible n CC.

Modding wont change that it would have to be a new game.

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Now the AI actually attacks on Schreckens reworked Valkenswaard map Wink

Thankyou! Very Happy

Valkenswaard.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.81 KB
 Viewed:  12716 Time(s)

Valkenswaard.jpg

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:03 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

And the Arnhem Bridge now have just a bridge guard unit  Wink

Arnhem Bridge.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  181.02 KB
 Viewed:  12713 Time(s)

Arnhem Bridge.jpg

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

[quote="chessmaster";p="61717"]looks great  ! well done !!

[u]a few notes:[/u]

- Maybe there should also be a more intensive campaign.. (like the inland campaign in GJS) thats starts after 2 days of fighting? I find the first day very boring, because it deals with moving up the allied troops. I understand that this aspect of not waisting any time is important. But maybe a historical after 2 days of fighting would be more interesting for players who want to have more intense experience. When some german units arrive.

- Indeed make the mortar less effective BUT also make the guns stronger to withstand the mortars as well, a 50 - 60 percent chance of taking them out would be great.

- Would be interesting if you had A choice to take a static bg with you or not when a mobile german battlegroup passes a long, it would improve strategy for the german side.

- Would it be possible to split up groups ? That would be a good thing for the whole game. Even splitting up a very big bg in to 3 very small bg s.. would be very interesting. How exactly the split up would be I leave to you guys.

- Is it me or does the AD-HOC infantry only show up in the battegroup-roster when every other unit for example ersatz, zugtrupp,..  in the roster is taken up in the active roster or dead. For example I had a bg that has fought a lot.. and it had lost several whole units to to lose because the soldiers of that particular unit were disbanded to the back of the bg because only 50 percent of the unit was alive. There were at least 20 men send back to the back of the bg.. that makes up for 5 or 4 units of ad hoc... but they seem to be only available when other units are almost out of the picture..

- I assume there is Ad-hoc infantry for the allied? Never came to the point, that I had a lot of losses, so i don t know. Would be interesting for the arnhem sector.

- What about capturing abondened tanks, guns, jeeps, howitzers, flak guns or even mortars that are left behind? That is a feature I am waiting on for a very long time now. Would be amazing to have a price in your battlegroup roster to use by ad hoc infantry as an active unit. for example if a tiger is captured, but because your ad hoc infantry does not really had any training with the tank the units starts with no training when you allocate it for a battle. But if you for example lost a tank in the previous battle but the crew survived they would be better at handling the tank and the tank starts at a better experience level!

Thanks for the feedback fella's!
If I can help with anything just ask.[/quote]

Dima reworked the mortars for me and now they are back in the game! Thankyou Dima!  Very Happy

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

For you people waiting on this i have to say, gave it all up..no use in going further until Matrix patches up the game and fixes the crashes..

im sorry  Crying or Very sad

Mats

lemonman

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
For you people waiting on this i have to say, gave it all up..no use in going further until Matrix patches up the game and fixes the crashes..

Mats

Sorry to hear that you stopped Mats. Hope that Matrix will release the missing patches so that you can continue. Still CC seems to be the only game which allows a gameplay of a special type.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

like lemonman said......im not holding my breath for matrix to fix the crashes and other issues still out standing. matrix = joke. i gave up on LSA and started playing GJS again in the hopes that after all this time matrix would have fixed more stuff wrong with LSA......but of course they havent. surprise.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I was waiting for this too!
Now I'll wait for GJS onlY!

Bordic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):

Mats

Then we wait! Sad

Bordic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

any rethinking about modding LSA?

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

No..sorry... Sad

cheers Mats

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

So what is going on with LSA. I was thinking about getting it but after skimming this thread, why would I do that?

I heard the GC has a flaw when bridges are blown, cut-off AB units start receiving supplies, and tanks, and stuff, because their forcepool supports more than just the AB units?

And, I guess from this thread, the game crashes all the time in the GC, and still no fix?

And last, I was wondering about the map codeing. Are doors and windows coded on the maps, or do you have to use a "walk through walls" element file?

Any responses would be greately appreciated.

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

You can walk through walls, but I think there is already a mod for that. I've not had too many crash problems, but the time or two I've hit one basically halts the campaign. The supply problems are a bigger issue for me. Supply flows over destroyed bridges, including the material to fix bridges. Have 3 bridges destroyed? Just keep a link open and they will all repair at the same time. Supposedly a patch is in the works, but there has not been any news about it in long enough that I'm not convinced that it is actually coming.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

The beta patch http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060830 that came out March 14/2012, after the posts above in this thread, fixed most issues. There are a couple outstanding bugs that have been mentioned in the Matrix forum that they said would be fixed in the non beta/official patch.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:38 am Post subject: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: