Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:15 am Post subject: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

I've been playing the Bloody Omaha mod on TLD, thanks to the port Tejzd made. However, I've noticed a couple of things so far (playing single player as the Axis):

1. It seems the CC5 version of the mod was based on a four-days-with-four-turn-each basis. Although I haven't played BO on CC5, I imagine this must've worked pretty well with 15min battles when it comes to respecting the historical timeline of the landing at Omaha. I know I could change all of this in the campaign.txt file in the "Base" folder of the mod. However, how does it interfere with the schedule of reinforcement BGs ?

2. Some guns, such as the 88mm, seem to very rarely fit into bunkers. For example, at Dog Green, I was unable to put the 88mm in the bunkers directly on the beach. Weirdly enough, it fitted on one of the bunkers on the hill even though it is smaller. I've also never managed to put a IG 75 gun into a bunker. What do I have to edit in order to streamline this? I understand big guns won't fit into bunkers but why can't medium guns fit into large bunkers?

3. The 37mm Pak gun doesn't seem to work: all crew members are shown as "assisting", but the gun never fires.

4. Artillery observers, Nebelwerfers (present on one Omaha sector map), and Granatwerfers don't seem to be deadly enough. I've seen repeated mortar shells exploding right in the middle of running American squads on the beach and inflicting not one single casualty. And according to end of battle reports, my artillery observers and nebelwerfers never seem to inflict any damage.

5. I'm on turn 2 of the first day and no American BG has landed on the Easy Red map. Is that working as intended?

6. Is it easy to import vehicle graphics? I find the Sherman DD's graphics in TLD look way better than those in the mod. How easy/difficult is it to replace them?

7. In the editor (picture here), I've noticed two German kampfgruppen - KG Lehr and 9/1716 Arty - which don't seem to appear in the campaign. Are they single battle-only BGs?

Amgot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:05 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Tejzd? Anyone?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:46 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

1)
CC5 25 days * 2 turns per day = 50 turns
CC5 BO 5 days of 5 day turns * 2 turns per day turn = 50 turns
TLD BO 25 days * 2 turns per day = 50 turns (the day date graphic were missed thus 6 to 30 is shown instead of 6 to 10, this could/should be fixed.)
Yes, changing the days/turns in Campaign.txt would interfere with the reinforcement schedule. But other than the date graphics nothing needs to be changed/fixed.

2)
Haven't played with size values in a while but it could be related to the type in the team file and or Object Size (element radius) in the vehicle file

3)
Would have to check/test the 37mm Pak

4)
would have to check the data between CC5 and TLD versions to make sure it was carried over correctly. It could just be weak in the original too?

5)
US reinforcement for Easy Red is on Day 2 Turn 1 (CC5/TLD do not allow for reinforcements to be scheduled on turns 2 to 4)

6)
pretty easy to export and import vehicle graphics with RTBtool.

7)
Checked CC5 BO against TLD BO and there is only 1 BG not used in the stock GC (KG LEHR) but it is in the What If GC. The other non used BG ( 2 / 352) does not exist in CC5??? It could be deleted.

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amgot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Thanks for all the answers Tejszd, and thanks for porting the mod to TLD!

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

2) the 7.5cm IG18 Vehicle Size = 3 Element Size = 1 looks ok, I'll have to test in game

4) for the 37mm which side and team is giving you the problem??? Also is it for all targets are only ground/infantry/tanks/vehicles?

Amgot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

2) ok, this would be great if this was fixed.

4) don't remember the specifics as it was some time ago and I don't have BO installed anymore. If it works ok in your game, then please disregard my bug report, as it might only have been an occasional glitch.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

2) fixed the 7.5cm IG18 in the team file had to change the type from med gun to light gun

4) fixed the 37mm AT gun that didn't want to fire (found in vehicles.txt mounted number of weapons was wrongly set at 2 instead of 1)

Amgot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks Tejszd.

Amgot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Btw, did you encounter the issue of 88mm guns sometimes not fitting into large bunkers? Is it an element size problem too or bad coding of bunkers?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

I found the problem (ex. single battle Dog Green 1)  but not sure how to fix it.
- I can change the 8.8cm Pak43 to a light gun and it will go into the bunkers but then it can also be placed in houses which that size of gun shouldn't
- I can change the Bunker Floor element to pavement but then you lose roof protection

Edit: just tested CC5 and the 8.8cm Pak43 goes into the bunkers but not houses. Data for the team and vehicle is the same....

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Anyone have the Qclone and the last version of Bloody Omaha v1.3 for CC5?

I would like to get the elements to compare against BO TLD elements to see if there is a difference...

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:15 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Bump. I know its been a long time since this thread has been updated but if someone can still run Qclone and has CC5 Bloody Omaha I would love to get the data files to see the data for 8.8cm Pak43 from the team and vehicle along with the bunker data in the elements file to fix the last issue above.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

3files
Elements
GETeams
Vehicles

B.O.v1.3 Text files.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  B.O.v1.3 Text files.zip
 Filesize:  15.86 KB
 Downloaded:  568 Time(s)

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:56 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Thank you!

Edit: found the difference and the 8.8cm Pak43 can be deployed in the bunkers!
CC5 BO the bunker floor has the following T/F settings; building = Y, covered = Y, interior = N
TLD BO the bunker floor has the following T/F settings; building = Y, covered = Y, interior = Y

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:55 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Anything else need looking at for Bloody Omaha for TLD? If not it is time to get an updated version uploaded to CCS....

BO v1.4 Changes:
- Added text to debriefscreen for morale & vl ownership
- Added the ability to rest BG's and cohesion/fatigue
- Added M4 Dozer new hull and wreck (thanks Dima!)
- Added SDKfz 232 wreck
- Added Night turns to GC
- Changed Artillery support icon to Naval support icon
- Changed support based on difficulty level
- Changed date/turn on the scenario editor and strat map
- Changed Off Map Artillery icon to Off Map Naval Support icon
- Changed the 7.5cm IG18 to fit in more/smaller buildings (changed type from med gun to light gun)
- Changed bunker floor to allow large guns (ex. 8.8cm Pak43) to be deployed (changed interior to False)
- Created a separate mod icon file to use for the shortcut for starting the mod
- Fixed debrief Battle, Operation and campaign buttons/tabs background
- Fixed operation and campaign screen cohesion bars showing black only
- Fixed the 37mm AT gun that didn't want to fire (found in vehicles.txt mounted number of weapons was wrongly set at 2 instead of 1)
- Fixed Pak43 fire angle from fixed front to front only
- Re-sized all the commander pics to the TLD standard size
- Removed unsused BG icon for 2 / 352 from scenario editor as it not used (KG LEHR is used in the What If GC)
- Removed Wacht Am Rhein text from splash screen
- Updated the mod to work with the last patch 5.50.14b

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:17 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

I was thinking for the next Bloody Omaha and Meuse updates to change the install directory name to include "Mod_" before the name. Thoughts? If good should all mods switch to it?

In the attached screen shot you can see Bloody_Omaha, BOB and Meuse with their default install directory locations/names and then a number of mods I changed to start with "Mod_".

TLD Directory Listing.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.02 KB
 Viewed:  515 Time(s)

TLD Directory Listing.jpg

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:43 am Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

Mooxe has sent me information how to upload Bloody Omaha v1.4 so it will be uploaded shortly.

The mod will be installed into the directory "Mod_Bloody_Omaha".

Amgot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: A couple of issues with Bloody Omaha TLD port Reply with quote

I missed your March post about about v1.4, but thanks for the update!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

Jump to: