Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Mana

Rep: 3.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

You are right about the scale where the action takes place, in my opinion the whole Kursk bulge would indeed be too large for close combat, I agree with Dima to stick with a certain area. My choice for the area Belgorod/Prokhorovka is obvious, historically this is the most interesting area and probably the most known for people. Action will take place between the beginning of July and will end at the beginning of August.

I would appreciate if someone could research and provide information about the mentioned area and date (detailed information about units, vehicles and environment)
As I mentioned before in order to create this project I will need the talents of others such as Data editing, research and other. This would give me allot of support for a solid base which is not only created from my point of view.

Correct me if you think otherwise! Smile

Stratmap.jpeg
 Description:
This is not the actual strat map! this is a test of how the actual terrain depth renders
 Filesize:  556.32 KB
 Viewed:  794 Time(s)

Stratmap.jpeg

Last edited by Mana on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:13 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

yeah okay i'm tentatively interested  in doing some maps...

Just been google earthing north of belgorod, there is enough cover there to make things interesting I think

Mana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

About the strat map posted:

This is based on actual terrain height data, the cities and villages are not all shown but the major ones are. Belgorod is the main city and an importnant strategical point as is Porkhorovka, my initial idea is that the player has to achieve one of these goals; Belgorod for the russians as key city to Kharkov and Prokhorovka for the Germans to succeed their operational plans of 'Citadel'
(The actual stratmap will go slightly beyond Belgorod and Prokhorovka)

PS: Thank you for all the feedback and responses!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

you have a PM Mana!

heia Safari!!

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Looks great, would love to play an eastern front mod on PITF.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

This has really become a dream to see a Kursk mod for CC. Now you guys gonna make it. this is indeed a great news Very Happy and PitF can be a good choice as base game for this project. wish you good luck

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

sickf1

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

great news to see interest in this, i have not really been active for sometime but have been enjoying Pitf H2H games

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:15 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

also would lilke to see....ill keep looking at this...

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

perhaps serve to help.......

Old CC5_Kursk FORUM.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=55

heia Safari!!

Mana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

He guys,

Here's a small update (which I'm planning to do every week) So far Dak_legion is working on the data for an alpha version, with this version I'm planning to create two brand new maps; Belgorod east (station) and a part of prokhorovka. Belgorod east is currently being made (see images for preview)
The past few days I obtained new sounds which contain actual weapon recordings from a distant perspective creating a more realistic and balanced perspective ingame.

Although I probably need help from someone who speaks and understands Russian, both with the voices, data and research.

Kind regards,
mana

Last edited by Mana on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

I need your e-mail Maná!

here or vía pm!

heia Safari!!

Mana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Hi guys here's a small update: some fuel for the imagination Smile

0001.png
 Description:
Conversion teaser logo
 Filesize:  611.33 KB
 Viewed:  651 Time(s)

0001.png

Fiestita

Rep: 6.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:40 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Apparently you missed the Donets River in the strategy map. Belgorod has shores in it.

Mana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Your right, this strategic map is not the actual map it is just a test and is nothing compared to the actual strat map

Fiestita

Rep: 6.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

I should have though about it as a test. My bad. Keep up the good work you are doing Mana.

Mana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Here's a preview of the legendary T34/76 1942. The soldier in the square is placed there for the scale. The background image is the Belgorod railyard map I'm working on, but for the alpha version I'm working on Hill 252.2

Hope you like it!

Belgorod_railyard.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Viewed:  715 Time(s)

Belgorod_railyard.jpeg

Hill2522.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.3 KB
 Viewed:  634 Time(s)

Hill2522.jpeg

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Excelllent work;)

heia Safari!!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Hill 2522 looks very similar to cut Stal map Smile

Mana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 am Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

Thanks!

What do you guys think of the scale?

I have done my math and came to the conclusion that the regular Pitf scaled vehicles are too small to actually fit a soldier inside. I developed these houses and vehicles so a close combat soldier would actually fit realistically. But maybe I missed something?

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Kursk 1943 Reply with quote

previously talked about size soldiers versus tanks....

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9877

hope will be helpful Wink

heia Safari!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: