Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:27 pm Post subject: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

GC, H2H final test has begun
15 min timer
force morale OFF
no current house rules

Cathartes (Allies) vs Monty (Germans)
night turn, June 6

Taken half of Merville attacking from the crossroads, with moderate losses.
Pegasus bridge is mine and I should be able to mop up on the next turn.

Peg_night1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  159.46 KB
 Viewed:  583 Time(s)

Peg_night1.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

end of the night turn, total losses:

afternightJune6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.42 KB
 Viewed:  566 Time(s)

afternightJune6.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

and the invasion is on:

june6am_beg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.33 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

june6am_beg.jpg

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Sweet

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:40 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Looking good!

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

let there be little bleeding men all over the place!

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Gold Beach assault BG.  Note that the composition of this BG, and others, will change dramatically in the coming day or two.

(note to self, fix the chat button color)

goldbeachlineup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.45 KB
 Viewed:  615 Time(s)

goldbeachlineup.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:54 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Looking good, can't wait till I can play too...

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Right on!

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:42 pm Post subject: Disaster at Juno Beach Reply with quote

For this assault, mustered lots of full infantry teams and 4 tanks--expending all my BG points.  The poor Canadians got plastered.  This was a battle where luck was with the Germans and I helped then out by not being mindful of mines.  The enemy stayed well hidden, and one MG and a sniper in the chateau did a lot of damage before I finally silenced them.  An AT gun at the north end of the map took out one tank, and it took a concentrated barrage of naval arty and tank fire to take out the position.  A hidden AT team (the only one available in this static German BG), hidden in the gun pit got two tanks, including an AVRE. This is unusual, and shows that small teams, sitting tight in ambush have the greatest possibility of success.  Unlike full infantry teams, these teams do not exhibit the tank assault behavior that is my current major gripe with LSA engine.  

It doesn't take much to pin down infantry and make them seek cover. Few heroes here, and the tanks have to lead the way clearing out strongpoints, as there is not always time to wait for infantry in these 15 minute battles.

juno1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  540.58 KB
 Viewed:  570 Time(s)

juno1.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Disaster at Juno Reply with quote

After taking out Monty's one AT gun (knew this static German BG only had one), I had a tank move fast to take the Tailleville exit. This would at least give my BG the opportunity to move off the beach in the afternoon. The tank started to divert around the hedge as the AI pathfinding knew there were mines, Yet I purposefully rerouted tank waypoints along the road and paid the price. Lesson to self: be vigilant about mines in GJS-LSA--especially on the beach maps! There are some surprises.

juno2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  440.93 KB
 Viewed:  569 Time(s)

juno2.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: Disaster at Juno Reply with quote

I was able to strike a truce with Monty for the remaining couple of minutes. The Germans are hurt here, have not AT guns, and only a handful of units remaining. The Juno beach map should easily fall in the afternoon turn, but for now, I walk away with a severely bloodied nose.

juno3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  158.65 KB
 Viewed:  489 Time(s)

juno3.jpg

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Can engineers remove mines in the rereleases?

I have only had it happen once or twice in CC5, and the was only one mine disabled if I remember correctly..

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Can engineers remove mines in the rereleases?

I have only had it happen once or twice in CC5, and the was only one mine disabled if I remember correctly..

Haven't really tested it, since have always relied on Crabs.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm Post subject: Courselles-sur-Mer Reply with quote

The 8th Brigade/3rd Cdn Infantry Div fares much better on Courselles-sur-Mer, two AT guns defeated (including one hidden in a building) and no Allied tank losses:

CSM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.1 KB
 Viewed:  525 Time(s)

CSM.jpg

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Do the crabs do the job? I dont think I ever used noticed if they worked or not.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Do the crabs do the job? I dont think I ever used noticed if they worked or not.

They do, but their path is narrow.  They explode mines and no harm comes to them.  Overall it's good to follow closely behind these tanks--if you are another tank. There is more to know about mines in LSA--they are handled a little differently in the code.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA grand campaign test Reply with quote

Thanks for the test AAR.
Keep it coming.  As much as i like CC5, so many mistakes were made.

Bugs like BGs not losing there guns and disarming mines being basically noneffective and  pointless..

It would be good to try the Re Release. I allso want to try the Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog, but the graphics don't seem to have as much atmosphere.
And the battle scenario looks uninspiring. They should choose another theater of war.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:27 pm Post subject: wrap up of am June 6 Reply with quote

the last battle of the morning turn takes place at Arromanches/le Hamel.  This is another bloody encounter, but I make fair progress.  Mortars extract a toll, but not accurate enough to be too concerned about.

arrom1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  332.5 KB
 Viewed:  532 Time(s)

arrom1.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: wrap up of am June 6 Reply with quote

picture says enough

arrom2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.64 KB
 Viewed:  513 Time(s)

arrom2.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: