Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am Post subject: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

First we like to wish you guys all the best for the comming year and a lot of cc gaming fun.

It has been quiet for a while now but it doesn't mean that nothing has happend. Large steps have been taken in the graphical area. I've been mainly working on the stratmap. I chose to make it as simple as possible using an old map I've found a while ago. I've added a preview in this in post of it. It is most definitely not the final version but it is something to go with for the maps I've made so far.

I've also been working on the things that come around the stratmap. Things like the patches on the stratmap, the patches in the bgroups file and the battlegroup and map names. I've also added a couple of previews of them in here.

There hasn't been a real set of data in progress other then a general bgroups file has been made but its obviously going to be changed in the future as a just had to create something to go with for testing.

I've also started finishing the last couple of maps with the help of Jimrm2. He has been helping me out in drawing objects like bridge's for the rhine bride maps. I've only got 8 more maps to draw: Neuß, Dusseldorf bridge, Krefeld, Uerdingen bridge, Mörs, Homberg bridge, Linfort, Fort Blucher. I've also started coding the maps which is a painstaking job a consumes up to 3-4 hours of work per map..

I hope this gives a general idea where we are at right now.

Cheers Buck

STRPATCH_Preview.jpg
 Description:
Str Patch
 Filesize:  150.19 KB
 Viewed:  790 Time(s)

STRPATCH_Preview.jpg

STRBGICONS00_Preview.jpg
 Description:
BG Icons
 Filesize:  32.21 KB
 Viewed:  777 Time(s)

STRBGICONS00_Preview.jpg

Stratmap Nieuw (augustus).jpg
 Description:
Stratmap v1.0
 Filesize:  593.04 KB
 Viewed:  897 Time(s)

Stratmap Nieuw (augustus).jpg

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 am Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

nice stratmap!

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 am Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Very Happy  cool

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Hello Buck,

just a minor fault: city label "Krefeld" is accidentally twice. The northern "Krefeld" must be changed to "Kleve" (north of Goch and opposite to Emmerich). Spellings: "Jullich" --> "Jülich"; "Huckelhoven" --> "Hückelhoven", "Niederkruchten" --> "Niederkrüchten".

Cheers & good luck for your project!
Mafi

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Fantastic strat map, Buck!  That looks like very much work.  Wink  The strat patches and icons are well made and look great.

Thanks to you and Pete for all your efforts and artistry!!  I'm looking forwards to getting into the battle!  Smile

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

@ mafi: Damn your right. I've totally missed those. I will fix that one. It has been a while since we spoke. I've tried to mail you about a small issue I had with your software but your mail seems to be nonexistend?

@ Tripwire Thank you I do have to warn you this is a work in progress thing so everything is subjected to changes.

Cheers Buck

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Mafi wrote (View Post):
Hello Buck,

just a minor fault: city label "Krefeld" is accidentally twice. The northern "Krefeld" must be changed to "Kleve" (north of Goch and opposite to Emmerich). Spellings: "Jullich" --> "Jülich"; "Huckelhoven" --> "Hückelhoven", "Niederkruchten" --> "Niederkrüchten".

Cheers & good luck for your project!
Mafi

Two other small ones: Cuijck -> Cuijk, and Leverkussen -> Leverkusen. Looks great, otherwise.

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

DOOOH   Shocked

Should have gotten more in the forum while I was living in that area (5yrs)  Embarassed

Anyway, I'll follow this one and will patiently wait untill is ready to go.

PS: Buck great to see you're still arround as well.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Hey Bambam,

It sure has been a while! Patience is a virtue but when ortona is done we'll be able to pick up some speed here.

Cheers Remi

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Hey Buck,
That Strategic Map looks very nice.
I like the approach you took with that.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: Update Januari 2013 Reply with quote

Stratmap is good.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> Rhineland '45

Jump to: