Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

CCS will be moving again this year. Currently the site is costing 750$ approx. I am moving to a plan where it will only cost 230$ for three years!

The downside is there will be some downtime while I transfer everything. As well, the site is moving into a VPS or Cloud environment. Currently CCS is hosted on its very own dedicated computer, all by itself. VPS/Cloud environments mean its shared with 1000's of other sites. CCS could be slower I expect, but technology is so advanced now in web hosting I am keeping my fingers crossed that CCS will be the same or faster.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I have updated the site drop down list on the upper right corner of this website. It includes all the major Close Combat websites. I use it to navigate through the Matrix forums mostly. Is anyone else using ir, or can suggest sites?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Just realized... or remembered that users not logged in could not view attachments. I have changed this so anyone who visits here can see and download any attachment. The only reason to login now would be to make a forum post. Downloads have been available for the public for the past couple years.

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Just realized... or remembered that users not logged in could not view attachments. I have changed this so anyone who visits here can see and download any attachment. The only reason to login now would be to make a forum post. Downloads have been available for the public for the past couple years.

nice work ... thanks a million Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Technical issues with CCS today. Changing some things around. Host provider said CCS was dragging down the server.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Was wondering what was going on. Thought I'd lost CCS Confused

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Back on a VPS now. Hope this works....

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:05 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Make sure you logout, or clear your browser cache before you attempt to post in the forums.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks again for hosting and putting up with all of us here Mooxe - cheers to you!

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for bringing this back.  Noticed I can't upload images.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Will fix as soon as I can, just home quickly from an field exercise. Things will be back to normal this weekend.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping everything going MOOXE!

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe.
Life returns to normal.
Also thanks to the faceless few who contribute their time to this site.

"percute et percute velociter"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Hey Mooxe,

Thank-You very much for everything you do to maintain this site,I truly do miss it when it's down.

I'm curious about the ftp site you allowed me to have.
I notice it's gone now.
Is there a new address or is it gone period?

If it's too much for you I can do without,your choice.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanx Mooxe!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks mooxe.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

I made a few mistakes with the server over the past few months.

Moving to a shared server was a huge mistake. Since the site was using more resources than it was allowed the site admin disabled the site until I could fix what was wrong. There was really nothing wrong though. On shared servers you are only allowed to use a small percentage of all the available resources, CCS was using more than its allowed share. So CCS was forced to move again.

The website is now hosted on a virtual server. This virtual server only allows 20Gb of harddrive space. Due to the space limitations I cannot keep the mods on the same server.

The mods are hosted on a different server with unlimited space and bandwidth. Basically CCS is now split over two servers. Naturally I want to bring them back together.

My old server before I moved was about 70$ per month. I hope to move back to them but I have to sort out the finances again. Donations are back on! We'll see how it goes with donations and Google Ads, if I can pull in enough CCS will go back to the stability it had 6 months ago. All this switching back and forth hasn`t been easy. I have lost some very important files from old CC websites which is very embarrassing.

In the meantime CCS is pretty stable as it is now.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

The site has been up and down for the past week or more. I can't explain it. I will be moving CCS back to its original host where I had no problems what so ever in the coming weeks.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Yea!

Is that a yea?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOOOk...

CCS has just completed another move, hopefully the last! I am re-settings up peoples FTP accounts, various forum things to be able to upload files etc etc... Please report any problems.

Is the site available for everyone on a constant basis?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: