Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:59 am Post subject: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Hi to all, finally I have taken the decision to port kharkov mod on TLD. Even if I modding alone, the project is now 20% complete so I think is right speak about it.

- Kharkov for TLD will have 64 maps and 64 Bgs. 80% of work done for kharkov v 1.2 is very usefull also for TLD conversion. I have also converted txt files of 23 cc3 custom maps (and I will create btd files). Few old maps will not be used. The grand campaign will have 17 days (12-28 may 1942) three turns per day, 1 reinforcement for all russian Bgs, 1 reinforcement for few german Bgs. Few new graphic files must be also created (expecially about new Bgs).

- The mod has a new stratmap: in the web I have found an image of a very small panzer corps kharkov map that was full of writes: I judged it the best starting point textures at my disposal and, after ten-twelve hours of work, it's now a new big (historical as possible) stratmap. Some of the "technical" work for the stratmap is also finished, the most not.

- Data has been converted. Graphic and sounds not yet.

In modding workshop there is a thread where I ask help about modding TLD: if someone can help my testing work will be more light, but even without help I hope to finish anyway. Particularly, a confirm about "diff-base support" functioning would be really appreciated.

For now the work is easy (even if very long..). Contrary to the past, now I modding a few every week (instead that, for example, a month of full immersion work alternated with a month without work): I can't give a release date even if hypothetical, but (for now) the work proceed costantly.

Drizzt

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:01 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

great!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:31 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Exciting announcement/news Drizzt

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Very nice news! Good luck with the project, looking forward to it. Played a lot of Kharkov in the past.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

I have a few new semi finished cc3 maps, are they any use to you?

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh.....  I was hoping that the new Kharkov mod would be for CC5.  :(

But, your work on a new strat map sounds very good!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

to Southernland: semi finished means that you think to finish them? In this case sure I am interested: I have used many of your maps in the mod and they are very good: great work. The maps style should be similar to the maps that you see in the mod (more"colours and variety" are  sure welcomed, but with a "recall-harmony" with the old cc3 lvov-izyum style). A new urban map that I would use for Belgorod is also really welcomed.
Speaking in general I'm not fully convinced of no more that 6 of the maps I have choosen: 6 (or less) maps are totally welcomed. More than 6 probably will create me doubts about the choice.
Instead, if you mean if I want to finish your maps on my own, I prefer not.

to Tripwire: all the work I have done for cc5 kharkov v 1.2 will be released (I await that Mooxe say me how upload). Only there will not be a new stratmap.

Drizzt

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:42 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Thx a lot Very Happy

tigercub

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

good work i will play it when its ready!

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

tripwire

Rep: 37.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Drizzt, that will be great!!!  Wonderful that you are going to release your v1.2 work.  Thank you!

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

I ran across this pic last night when I was looking for info on Okinawa. Maybe everyone has already seen it, but it was in color, so I thought I would post it.  Arrow

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

these are all i can find at the moment, thought I had a few others... none are finihed yet but I can complete them if you'll use them

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

and more

southern_land

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:49 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

last lot

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:57 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

to Southerland: Many thanks for the maps preview! For now I can say that 3 maps are sure interesting for me (all your maps are very good: I will chose the more various to the by me yet chosen maps). Soon I will compare them with the maps I have chosen and I will say you something of definitive.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Hi southernland, here my considerations about your maps.

Maps that I have chosen: khrkv03, khrkv04copy, khrkv05.

LPLNDcopy: I need history support to use it. I mean: the rocks means mountain terrain? If yes, where can I use a mountain map in Kharkov area?

Maps that sure I will use if modified (of course if you have will to work more deeply on them):
kharkv06: delete the two top left buildings and paint some of them with another roof color (paint the most dark of them, excluses the very very small), use only one normal bridge on the river and delete the terrain in the middle of the river. In this way I can use it (for now seems to similar to the map that in my mod I have named bogod).
Khrkv02: see the map that in my mod is named izlum: in khrkv02 try to change buildings disposition here and there to be different to the izlum map (I mean delete some of them and create some new them): in this way I can use it.

Many thanks for the help!
Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

to Southernland: about LPNDcopy map I have decided that I will not use it anyway. About khrkv06 map, I have noticed only now (I'm sorry) that the buildings on the east side of the river are identical to the buildings in the map that in my mod is named Akhyrka: if you decide to work on khrkv06, please delete also some buildings at random on the east side of the river (or do what you think is better to resolve the problem).

General work update: about stramap technical work I have to do only destrat maps piece (will be a long work as arrows and stratmap area pieces) and red circle coordinates, all others things about stratmap are finished.
Now I have crash problems, but when I test the work with only four maps finished all was ok (stratmap.txt was also coded to have only for maps): to resolve these crash problems I think that I have to update all .btd files to have sense with stratmap.txt (I have yet checked stratmap.txt and campaign.txt:  they seem perfectly coded). The error message is "error reading naval map for side 0 index" and a number after "index": naval support is sure perfectly coded, I hope that working with .btd files will resolve this situation.
So I'm working on maps now: I'm a little bit reworking, when necessary, few .bgm, .mmm and .ovm files and I'm creating the new btd files. I want also save two maps that I have used in cc5 version deleting the hedgerows.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Crash problem resolved. I write here the solution because there is an information that can help future modders: I think that the game doesn't support 128 arrows as declared in campaign txt, but 127 (the n. 0 included: from 0 to 126), if I have reason this is an important thing to keep in mind modding TLD.
Some days ago I had an error message about 128 arrows connections (with costant starting crash), so I had set it to 127 and forget it, but I don't had deleted an arrow link and the relative arrow coordinates: today I have repaired, then I have renamed all (next) arrows in screen.gdg after have deleted the tga chosen arrow. Now all works again.
Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Kharkov mod for TLD update

I’m glad to say that I have finished 70% of the mod and, for now, all seems to work perfectly. All the aspects that don’t concern maps are finished. 10 maps are also totally finished (“totally” means that I carefully choose the map considering stratmap position, than I create a new btd or I upgrade an old Btd file and I work on others map files when necessary, after this I create the new map details for the strategic screen and finally I create a battle for the map choosing Bgs to use for it).

About all the work that I have done, I can say that is not a simple conversion (and even do a CC5-TLD conversion is sure a long work): I have created some new files because TLD need them, but I have also created some new files to upgrade the mod: for example some rank and medals files, a video (converted also for CC5 version), Bgs icons (will be available also for CC5 version) and some other things. Of course there is also the work that I have done to create a new Stratmap that support 64 maps and the Bgs augmented to 64. All these new aspects change deeply the face of the mod.
I hope to finish the mod in two months (testing phase included): it's not an official release date, but surely a concrete possibility if there will not be unexpected crash problems.

to Southernland: Do you think to work also on the two other maps that, with more deep changements, I have considered usefull? I ask only to understand if I must considerer to have 3 or 5 (or also 4) new maps: I don’t have hurry.

Regards,
Drizzt

southern_land

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:19 am Post subject: Re: Kharkov mod for TLD Reply with quote

Sorry haven't been able to do anything yet and may not be able to.  Crazy busy at work

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: