Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks again Mooxe!

We'll let you know if it isn't available but so far so good....

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:09 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Just to let you know, I can't reach the website when I type  www.closecombatseries.net.  It is only possible when I enter the adress as such: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php

Luckily, Steiner has posted this on the matrix forum and that was how I could reach the website again after weeks.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Bingo!  Laughing

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping CC alive, Mooxe!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks guys....

The image gallery is busted. Don't know if I can fix that.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:40 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Images.  Question

We don't need no steenking images.  Idea

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

When I switched back to this server, some of the download URLs were cropped a bit. If you get a bad link, I get a report to fix it. So just try again in another day or so.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

CCS is back on the top of Google searches for "close combat"

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:33 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Still trying to fix image gallery. Its messed up a bunch of Player's News that had images linked to it. I am afraid it may be unfixable as this code is getting ancient now. I kind of think its a compatibility issue with some software on the server since it was always working on the previous server.

I modified the donations page with a new message from me. I will no longer be keeping a public list of all those who donate. It was done manually and its hard to find the time to always update. I do thank everyone for the continued donations! I have $250.00 saved up from ads and donations.. thanks again.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Some of you may have received a notification that a certain Blackhole Exploit kit was discovered on CCS by your virus scanner software. This exploit has been running rampant on the internet for years infecting hundreds of thousands of sites. CCS was infected recently. If you were not running Javascript I don't think your PC was in any danger. Its quite a well known exploit and I am sure all virus scanners block it. Please take precautions with your own PC.

All of you who had files or FTP accounts in the /Hosted portion of the site will not have access for awhile. Those files are all quarantined for now until I cleanse them.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Aha  Exclamation

Well, apart from what this thing might or might not be doing in the FTP file area of the server.

It seems that it is deleting uploaded images from the server as well (I thought you mentioned that somewhere)  Question

But, it would appear that it (the blackhole exploit  Question ) is being very selective over which images it deletes.

Maybe you should check the "New Close Combat" topic, and see if you can discern a pattern here.

It would appear that this virus is very intelligent, when selecting what content to delete.  Shocked

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Not infecting images. Some images were lost due to reverting to backups. The exploit infected index files on the site, they have been fixed or moved.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Hi,

OK, thanks again for messing with this. I am sure you would have rather been doing something else.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
Just to let you know, I can't reach the website when I type  www.closecombatseries.net.  It is only possible when I enter the adress as such: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php

Luckily, Steiner has posted this on the matrix forum and that was how I could reach the website again after weeks.

I'm still getting this. For someone that doesn't have the website in his favorites and doesn't know how to access, it will be very difficult to enter the forums or downloads.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thank you Kanov. That problem seems to creep back up on my often recently.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:46 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Fixed. The answer was change "Allowoveride None" to "Allowoverride All" in the Apache configuration.

Thank for reporting!

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:01 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks to you mooxe for your dedication on maintaining this site and crackwise for first reporting it.

Now if you excuse me I will go and tow me some guns on PitF.  Laughing

cheers!

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:02 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Man... I would make a horrible server administrator.

I finally fixed the bug for the screenshot gallery.

I still have all the screenshots, but the database is gone. I lost the backup.

I will restart the gallery manually.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

The Combat Gallery is back online.

I was able to restore some deleted files using a program called "Recover My Files."

Pretty good program. The gallery backup installed is from June 26, 2011!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:39 am Post subject: Re: CCS Statistics and Server Updates Reply with quote

Thanks for all the effort MOOXE!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: