Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:23 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

[quote="Kojusoki";p="69878"]
Cathartes wrote (View Post):

Is it only me, but seems some AT guns refused shooting at infantry (with guns, not small arms)?

Did you changed mines effectivnes? On one of the maps, my opponent lost 2 tanks due to mines

I am seeing AT guns firing their HE rounds (PAK 40s) at enemy infantry, if you never do something is amiss.

Yes, minefields are effective at taking out tanks, however; the coding for mines in LSA is different, and only one in eight acts as an AT mine.  Nonetheless, Allied players take a real risk in using tanks to cross minefields.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

and the mine fields are in new places on some maps because they have been recoded...use your crabs.

+2 with the sniper changes Kojusoki sniper fire is best not to be seen for the game.

Cathartes  Regarding the mortars, their killing effectiveness is the same as LSA was to strong then and still now but giving then far less accurate does help but when you lose a full squad to one round I think its over kill.

that aside its a fantastic mod very nice work indeed.
Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

mjunod

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I am going to make my first post on this site in many years of playing CC and lurking here to say:

Thank you for this mod.  Better engine + GJS...the results are excellent, the hard work shows.

Bugs:

* I'm getting a CC freeze / lockup (at "loading" immediately after the battle), reproducible every time, after fighting on the new Magny map in a current GC savegame at D+1 / 0700 round (last battle of the round).  Not sure if it's a data bug or just general CC buggyness / corrupt savegame.

* Unit uniforms, as mentioned previously

Comments/Suggestions:

* I like the longer mortar flight time and decreased accuracy vs. CC defaults.  Stock mortar strength is OK by me.  Move fast over open ground should be an invitation for disaster Smile  Personally, I would have liked to see delay even slightly longer, trading for slightly increased accuracy over where it is in the mod.

* Agree that sniper fire should be invisible.  But, so far snipers seem to be plenty deadly in the mod, so I wouldn't change effectiveness.

* When defending, it seems like the AI defends exits better than it normally does.

* The crawl of death / ignore orders under fire is fun, after you sneak a unit through a minefield, they get shot at, and move back through the minefield  Very Happy

* Jury is out for me on the M10 changes.  M10 turret speed is REALLY slow, which is more realistic, but due to the way armor moves in the game, when issuing a move order, the turret frequently turns the wrong direction vs potential targets.  It's much more difficult to use these on the move now, although they can still do OK in defense.  Waypoints do help some.  Also, the 50 cal on the rear arc is interesting, but fire order vs infantry seems to use the cannon, not the MG, so seems best suited to crew mowing down infantry trying to flank the TD in defense.  I like the way it is in PiTF, where the 50 can be fired in any direction, but the M10 crew is quite exposed.

* Great work all around Cathartes, thanks again

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi i have played 3 turns in H2H GC now

My two cents;

If the german player moves 21st panzer division into Ranville on day 6 afternoon. At the same time a 3rd allied para division lands on top of them. When the battle begins the Germans control the whole map because there was already a static BG on the map which now merged with 21st panzaer BG. The para division has only one VL in the middle of the map, and practically no anti-tank weapons. Very easy pickings and an easy disband for this heavily armed german division. I would suggest perhaps either starting gerry one map back or making the paras land one turn earlier so they have a chance to get a foothold on the map before 21st arrives.

Also
- the Sherman crab tank doesn't seem to be any more well protected at the front than regular Sherman
- Snipers seem about right imo - except they get spotted VERY easily and can they take VLs??? I think they can but they shouldn't be able to
- A lot of the square bunkers have nowhere to shoot out of.

Cant comment yet on GC balance yet

Really great mod so far. Well done Cathartes

Cathartes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the constructive comments, monitoring the discussion and taking notes.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

(If the german player moves 21st panzer division into Ranville on day 6 afternoon. At the same time a 3rd allied para division lands on top of them. When the battle begins the Germans control the whole map because there was already a static BG on the map which now merged with 21st panzaer BG. The para division has only one VL in the middle of the map, and practically no anti-tank weapons. Very easy pickings and an easy disband for this heavily armed german division. I would suggest perhaps either starting gerry one map back or making the paras land one turn earlier so they have a chance to get a foothold on the map before 21st arrives.)

+2 yer it needs a little change there, I just attack there was an easy win for me  but he did get a 2VL start but no use with that fire power.

Tiger

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

kweniston

Rep: 57.9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Love the mod so far, great work.

One map related comment: on Merville Batteries, I got a unit stuck in battery 3 after initial placement there (lower part).

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I am not sure what the issue is with the snipers being seen to easily. It was a problem in the vanilla version of LSA as well.

They were as easy to spot as any regular squad or MG crew, which basically made them useless.

So if this could be addressed would be great.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I think its all about experience. If the sniper is experienced enough, its is hardly spotted. The other issue is that snipers are imho too weak (their rifles) and their shoots are traceable.
We played several battles (H2H), I play german, and so far, my 5cm guns at the beaches, when placed in a bunker, didnt kill a single tank! No idea wheter its bad luck or something, but seems strange.

Another thing: my At Cars with 7,5cm PaKs didnt kill sherman at 300m with 2-3 direct hits. Also Cromwell got a few direct hits and wasnt killed as well (also 7,5cm PaK on a car). Maybe its ok, I just used to fast and deadly tanks duels.

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close"Smile . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:19 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Kojusoki wrote (View Post):
one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close"Smile . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

I think this is a problem with the new AI of the re-releases since in Pitf soldiers assault tanks that come close and try to take them out with their fists and teeth instead of their AT weapons.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
Another thing: my At Cars with 7,5cm PaKs didnt kill sherman at 300m with 2-3 direct hits. Also Cromwell got a few direct hits and wasnt killed as well (also 7,5cm PaK on a car). Maybe its ok, I just used to fast and deadly tanks duels.

Please keep me posted if problem continues.

Quote:
one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close" . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

Sometimes infantry will use their hand-held AT weapons, but not always when you want them to. Mostly it's as others have said, in LSA, regular infantry squads will assault a tank for no gain. This is a hard-coded issue, and it doesn't work as intended in LSA.

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

When engaging infantry targets with the M10, the M10 remains in "saving ammo" state untill you give the fire order again.
I think the main gun had 44 rounds left, does it only carry a small number of AP ammo?

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I think it needs more HE shells. Its currently a very weak unit because of its impotence against infantry and the very slow turret speed.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
When engaging infantry targets with the M10, the M10 remains in "saving ammo" state untill you give the fire order again.
I think the main gun had 44 rounds left, does it only carry a small number of AP ammo?

Might be it's too low on HE rounds at the time.  Did you fire one round before this happened, or multiple rounds of HE?

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

my 2 cents...the german 75mm a/t gun should be able to kill a crom or a sherman with 1 or 2 shots, hands down. it was a formidible a/t gun as we all know. could be the gun data is a bit messed up cathartes?

PS...love the mod...you are a god  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Might be it's too low on HE rounds at the time.  Did you fire one round before this happened, or multiple rounds of HE?

I think i fired 1 or 2 rounds at infantry target before saving ammo state appeared.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Thank you very much!  Very Happy

I suppose the girlie Soldiers is standard from the LSA but i think you should consider changing the mortars that hits 90% of the time allso from LSA..

The AI (allies) doesent use the artillery support..

Anyway great work!

greetings Mats

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

little graphical error:

2nd highest british medal (SOMEDAL04) uses the image of the Distinguished Service Cross (United States) instead of the George Cross (UK).

SOMEDAL04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  471.19 KB
 Viewed:  13125 Time(s)

SOMEDAL04.jpg

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Great work Cathartes,

I would have to agree though that the mortars needs to be toned down.

In this game (CC engine) they are allowed to change targets at a 90 degree angle without any down time and be extremely accurate.
Hardly realistic but its all we have. Thus its a bit annoying to have them go from one shot with 5 kills to immediately switch to another target in a completely different direction
and rack up another 5 kills.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: