Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
I think it needs more HE shells. Its currently a very weak unit because of its impotence against infantry and the very slow turret speed.

To throw some light on this I attach the HE Ammunition scales from early 1944 for British AT units, out of interest I've also included the 6 and 17 pdr info too:-
6-pdr
up to 25%
1st line 96 rpg, all types

17-pdr
up to 5%
1st line 90 rpg, all types

3-in M10
up to 30%
1st line 90 rpg, all types

1st line scale includes the rounds actually with the guns (the F group of the troop) and those available for close supply within the unit (the T group of the troop), in the case of an M10 the rounds carried by the vehicle would be approx 50, with another 40 being with the trucks of the T group.

I hope this of help to you.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, and pointing out graphical errors and other.

Regarding mortars: will wait for more comment. They are identical to LSA in killing power, but far less accurate. Again, mortars caused most of the British casualties in Normandy, but if the majority of players want them toned down, can do.

M10 HE rounds: Looked at the data and there are currently 30 HE rounds for the M10, along with 60 rounds of AP, so there is plenty of HE to deal with enemy infantry.  It might be that if a player reports running out of ammo after 1-2  rounds, then your battlegroup was out of supply for a turn or two?  Worth keeping an eye on since in the data, the HE is there (pretty  much as Ronson shows in his data).

Re 7.5cm PAK: pretty darn effective gun data-wise.  .  I think most of the time you will see this AT gun destroy Allied tanks in 1-2 rounds (Churchills would be a bit tougher to crack) unless the crew is under fire, suppressed, or suffering from low morale.  Again, switching an AT gun to "Defend" and putting a commander near it, and keeping it just behind a hedgerow will make it highly effective.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Gents
we had a CC exe error and crash, just like the old CC5 GJS. it happened at the end of the very 1st battle at merville in the H2H GC. we are both running the new LSA patch. were playing thru hamachi. it happened right near the end of the battle or it might have happened right when the 15 min timer ran out. i wasnt watching the timer.
we are playing with morale on, no inititive, after all VL's are taken, 2 min warning, 15 min timer and Line settings.
we both have our firewalls still on.

any ideas??

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Cathartes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
any ideas??

Sadly, no.  May or may not be due to the new patch.  I haven't tested it myself, but Tejszd has reported a crash in GJS due to morale break after using the new patch.

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Regarding mortars: will wait for more comment. They are identical to LSA in killing power, but far less accurate. Again, mortars caused most of the British casualties in Normandy, but if the majority of players want them toned down, can do.

Hi Cathartes, I doubt there will be an avalanche of people supporting to nerf mortars. Why?  Because those I have played against almost without fail deploy 2 mortars each battle (specially when playing defence) which demonstrates just how powerful they are. Its almost impossible to even do quick dashes from building to building over short distances without getting clobbered by them.

Thus what you find happening is infantry are extremely difficult to move and there is often a stalemate as tanks can't see where the AT guns/tanks are hidden.

I played your CC5 GJS with modified mortar stats btw and found them to be far more realistic.

Its been documented that they seem to have caused the most casualties in Europe in WW2. NO argument.  My argument is they are able to perform "tactically" in this game way beyond what not only they could do back in 1944, but even today in terms of changing the direction and distance of the shot in a "nano second" and still shoot and land with some accuracy.

Lets for example say the Stuart caused 40% of all Germans tanks kills in 1944 (I know they didn't).  Something they will never achieve in this game. Should we then vastly and unrealistically increase the penetration of its gun to reflect the casualties it did historically???????

How many shots did a mortar on average have to fire to achieve a casualty in ww2?  Five, six........lets say 10 ( I think it will be at least this number).  Given the 30 round load it has that means it should cause 3 casualties in a battle on average.  Once a few battles have been played and the rust shaken off, the allied player just has to give up on any dashes with his infantry as he is awake to the 5 + man kills that occur otherwise.

Its your mod and I am in awe of the work you put into this. These are just my feelings. If mortars are left as is, its not  a biggie for me, as I'll just insist on a house rule of 1 mortar deployed for each battle by both sides.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

MarkM has got a point. Pretty easy to nullify any infantry attack, as currently an entire platoon can be taken out by the focused fire of 2 mortars even when the infantry are prone

PITF got mortars just about right imo; they were just as powerful but a 20 second aiming time each time a new target is designated made them less overpowered.

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

well after playing a couple of battles H2H and altho we did have an exe crash....havent played again yet to see if that was a one off or not.....i think id have to agree with the lads here. the mortors are kinda nasty and i believe we should tone them down some more too.
i had a few squads taken out pretty quikly, so i can see where this is going to go  Cool

LSA we play with a house rule of 1 mortor per battle.........there just too stupid there [ gotta love matrix and there wisdom for not listening to a few hard core players AGAIN  Confused and not toning them down ]

my 2 cents gents

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I've played about 4 days of the GC now, and i've yet to see any vehicle or tank damaged or immobilised by artillery or mortar support.. I would have thought particularly open-top vehicles would be at least slightly vulnerable to bombardments

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

True- my open top german assualt guns (3 pieces) were under naval support and NOTHING happen. Also my car was nearby and nothing happened. Naval support is infantry killer, true, but vehicles seems to be quite strong

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

we played 5 or 6 more battles in our GC last nite and no CCE EXE crash's. HMMMMMMM?
interesting..... Confused

Cathartes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Re Mortars:  I'm listening.

Re exe crashes:  keep me posted.

Quote:
I've played about 4 days of the GC now, and i've yet to see any vehicle or tank damaged or immobilised by artillery or mortar support.. I would have thought particularly open-top vehicles would be at least slightly vulnerable to bombardments

Quote:
True- my open top german assualt guns (3 pieces) were under naval support and NOTHING happen. Also my car was nearby and nothing happened. Naval support is infantry killer, true, but vehicles seems to be quite strong

Odd, I've changed nothing on naval bombardment (Arty from LSA) that would lead to this (that I recall). Did it happen much in LSA?  Please keep me posted.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

well i do no in LSA that the arty is devastating to inf and a/t guns.

i dont no about opened topped vehicles yet. arty vs tanks....in the few instances ive seen it so far ...seems to me that the tank usually comes out ok... for sure i dont recall any tanks being knocked out by arty.

i do no for certain that mortors in LSA will track / imobliize  a H/T or A/C and thats enough in most cases that the vehicle will not come back next battle.

dont no if this helps...i will keep u infromed as my LSA GC progress's and my GJS LSA GC progress's too.

MarkM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Re the naval bombards they take out guns no problem what so ever I have found. Cannot comment too much re vehicles, but at the end of the day,
I am happy for them to take out the guns and be somewhat weak vs vehicles. The one time I hit a Marder with it the result was an immobolisation.

I find that there are always guns to target so its not a biggie for me.

Wow, support for nefing mortars....lol....well I never..lol.  Like I said you could leave it as is and restrict it to one per battle only.

Okay re the crashes, what I can say is that I experienced an end of battle crash as well "once", in fact it was the first battle of the GC against the AI.

I haven't played a lot, but no more crashes since, and it was against the AI.

I have a feeling it will not be a regular occurrence and tracking down the cause would most likely be a case wishful thinking.

Nice to see the CC community active again with the release of some fantastic mods.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:05 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

the last 2 nites now that me and my opponent have played GJS -LSA my opponent, im the host, has not been able to see any of my BG's on the strat when we start to play the GC.
hes german, and im allied [ the host ]
once we play a battle, were all good, he can see my BG's on the strat again.

the battles that we started on for the GC, were sword beach 1 nite and gold beach tonite.
will keep u all posted if it happens each time or not.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
the last 2 nites now that me and my opponent have played GJS -LSA my opponent, im the host, has not been able to see any of my BG's on the strat when we start to play the GC.
hes german, and im allied [ the host ]
once we play a battle, were all good, he can see my BG's on the strat again.

Unofortunately has happened in LSA as well, and is an odd bug.  It comes and goes. I've seen it myself, and it always resolves after a battle.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thats right too.....Duh....i have seen that in LSA as well. i just didnt remember. yes, good thing it resolves itself.

great mod so far cathartes! just starting the second day....going to clash with the 21 pz in the next couple of battles  Cool  the 1st beach maps were tough but not too tough. got thru some beach maps on the 1st day and into a couple of the second maps.
the bunkers are ..well...indestructible, and have to be basically assualted with inf, which one should expect i think Smile its a bit diff so far from the old GJS....i like it.  Very Happy

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:35 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

This happend on the Ouistreham map...my Commandos reached the bunker when the Atomic bomb exploded and keep going on for minutes untill i stoped the the game..

There was a destoyed smoking German AA-gun at that place where the explosion started...

Cheers Mats

Ouistreham.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.79 KB
 Viewed:  12981 Time(s)

Ouistreham.jpg

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
This happend on the Ouistreham map...my Commandos reached the bunker when the Atomic bomb exploded and keep going on for minutes untill i stoped the the game..

Truly bizarre. I checked the map coding and all is well there. Seems like it may be some strange graphics loop issue. I've never experienced, nor heard of that one before.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I agree, never seen that huge one i CC before Very Happy  I will play on and see what happens  Wink

Cheers Mats

MarkM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Lol..well that is definitely a first. Never seen such an event.

Pity the game had to be cancelled to resolve though.

There is only one thing worse than having to play the same battle again..... actually there isn't a worse thing!!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: