Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:47 pm Post subject: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

Game: TLD Battle for Caen v0.93
Players: UK as Dima vs Germans as nikin
Settings: 20 min, 95%, morale off, 2 min warning

Other: VL Deploy rule. Diagonally connected deployment zones are considered out of bounds.
No limits on any game units.

The agreement - less battles on the landing: Ost 441 and III./736./716.ID disband before first turn (useless BGs).

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - first turn
Map Port-En-Bessin
I./726./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          231st / 50th Infantry Division

In general, a successful battle for the Germans. Destroyed 3 tanks: cmd Sherman DD, Sherman DD, Crab. Damaged Crab. Lost both Pak-40 and Pak-35/36.Road to Baeux saved. One tank killed by PzFaust.

Last edited by nikin on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - first turn
Map Courseulles-Sur-Mer
II./736./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Canadian Infantry Division

Not good. Snipers just before this fight have been reduced. My defense was based on them slipped on the infantry. And then hit the gun. As a result, on the map there was only one gun. Loss Pak43, 2 * Pak-40, Pak-181. Destroyed Cmd Sherman DD, 2 * Crab. One tank on account PzFaust. Lost road to Hillman.

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - first turn
Map Sword
I./736./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Infantry Division

The average result. The city does not really hold here. On the other hand lost Pak-43, Pak-40 and Pak-181. Destroyed Crab. Damaged Cmd Sherman DD and Crab. Survived only one gun.

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - first turn (last battle on this turn)
Map Ouistreham
Ost 642./736./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          9th / 3rd Infantry Division

A good result. Saved both exits. Destroyed Sherman DD and Crab. Loss: Pak-35/36 and two PzFaust out of three. One Sherman damaged.

nikin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - first turn end.

In general, all according to my plan, except road to Hillman. According to the results of tour - lost all damaged tanks. Total losses of British tanks in tour - 13. The Germans lost 10 guns. Saved exits of three maps -> the second wave of the British only three BGs.

nikin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

Location troops before the second turn on June 6 (before EXE). Since this move, it is possible to move BGs for both sides.

nikin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

After EXE and first battle. First battle in Port-En-Bessin i use 1 unit and lost map (can not defend this map)

Yellow - UK moves, Red - German

nikin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - second turn
Map Sword
I./736./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Infantry Division

Available after the last fight: Pak-40 and two Pak-36/37. The task inflict maximum casualties. Strategically fighting does not solve anything. Destroyed Cmd Sherman DD, 2 * Sherman DD. Crab damaged. Loss: Pak-40 and Pak-36/37. Each gun has killed tank.

nikin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:51 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 6 - second turn (last battle on this turn)
Map Hillman
II./726./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Canadian Infantry Division

Very bad. It was clear that the map is bad for the defense - open terrain + Naval + no chance save exit VL Buron. But I took a chance. Loss: Pak-40, two Pak-181, Pak-35/36 and two Marder I. Only one Marder I kill cdn cmd Sherman DD and Crab.

The grand total of the tour - the loss of two fights. Germans - 6 guns and 2 Marder. UK - 6 tanks.

nikin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:06 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

Location troops before first turn on June 7 (before EXE).

PS Now the stories will be more detailed. I did not want to show the position of my guns in the first turn. But now the gun in the past.

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:34 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

Location troops before first turn on June 7 (after EXE).

Yellow - UK moves, Red - German

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:57 am Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 7 - first turn
Map Courseulles-Sur-Mer
II./736./716.Infanterie-Division           vs          8th Armoured Brigade

British troops - landing.

The task - to save the exits and cause losses. In general, successful. Destroyed Uni carrier. Damaged Sherman III vet (by Pak-181) and Crusader AA (by arty). Both of damaged tanks at the end of the tour - written off. Lost Pak-181 and Pak-36/37 (naval).

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

Morning of June 7th 1944

Bayeux

BG of 231st Bde / 50th ID attacks I./916./352.ID

Gerries have used all the advantages of stone buildings to their best, staying invisible they were mowing down our men with crossfire of HMGs, LMGs and rifle grenades. Full squads in wooden houses have been wiped out in seconds. Marders were controlling long streets of the city knocking out our Shermans. Our brave men tried to advance behind smoke screens and engage enemy with PIATs but with no good results.

The results of the battle – bloody massacre:

Off: I can’t really understand how cover works in TLD. Even firing tanks are hardly spotted by the tanks on receiving end. Iam not even mentioning firing infantry that can stay invisible at 30-40m.
I can’t say if I like it more or less compare to CC5 but it definitely works different to CC5.

Thaon

BG of 69th BDE/50th ID entered Thaon area from north-east and met elements of I./125./21.PzD coming from south with support of tanks and armored vehicles.

Not much of a fight fight happened, our mighty Crocodile knocked out one PzIVH at range of 700+m and damaged the other one which retreated behind a smoke screen. One Sherman was damaged by 75mm shell and one tracked. We took the northern part of the town.

Results on the noon of June 7th 1944.

Afternoon of June 7th 1944

Bayeux

231st Bde / 50th ID keeps pushing back I./916./352.ID

Our brave lads were attacking aggressively with support of Shermans and PIATs from good positions but Gerries have made fortresses of each house and met our attacks with valley of fire. High casualties reported.

1 Sherman was KO by Marder I, another destroyed Marder I but was hit by RPzB.43 and caught fire.
Men on the ground report 2-3 HMG mark 42 destroyed or captured and 2 AT teams annihilated.

We managed to capture a couple of building and push counterattacks back:

Perriers Ridge[/],

BG of [b]8th Bde /3rd ID
attacks a town defended by Ost-642./736./716.ID.

Unfortunately a camera man has his camera damaged by a splinter so not many photo material available.
The auxiliary attack and distracting attacks attracted a lot of enemy attention so our main attack went like knife through butter.

Thaon

69th/50th ID keeps attacking I./125./21.PzD

The Plan of a battle:

Attack started according to the Plan. Enemy infantry in houses is getting burned by the mighty Crocodiles.

But then Crocs were ambushed by 2 PzIVH behind the hedgerows, the right one got immobilized by 75mm shell, the left one lost LOS on enemy tank due to its visual disappearance and decided to break a contact and retreat. Immobilized Croc was then KO by another enemy tank with multiple side hits.
Sherman IIDD that came closer to support Crocs was KO by invisible PzIV behind the hedge.
Anyway, road to Rauray was taken but further advance was stopped by serious enemy resistance.

After this battle ended, enemy unit is cut off supplies and have to either retreat or fight with no fuel/ammo which is suicidal for vehicle heavy unit.

Hermanville

BG of 7th Bde/3rd Cdn ID attacked the town defended by II./726./716.ID.
Our attack has started well and in due time despite heavy mortar barrage of our starting positions

Right flank is secured by Recce Group coordinating fire of supporting Sherman V Crab and Rifle Group providing bayonet power to clean hedges.
Sherman VDD was KO by Marder I when tried to suppress enemy infantry in houses to help our infantry. AVRE provides fire support for the advancing infantry.

Intensive house to house and close fighting in the orchard.
Enemy Pioniere KO Sherman V Crab with explosives, artillery barrage immobilized Sherman VDD  but otherwise all goes according to the Plan – a lot of gerries killed and our brave lads keep advancing.

Move, go prone, get back, move again!

Artillery was called on Marder I and when it started to drive south to escape our strike it was KO by 75mm gun of Sherman V Crab.
Our lads made it to the center of the town!

Regrouping and finishing isolated enemy resistance.

Results are optimistic:

Lebisey Woods

Forward elements of 9th Bde / 3th ID approached Lebisey Woods where they met German II./192./21.PzD .

As this area is suicidal for a direct attack the Plan was to scout the enemy defense and wipe out spotted enemy nests by concentrated mortar and artillery barrage.
Enemy HMGs dominate open areas while Gerries are hiding in every hedge.

German StuG39H was spotted in the wood to the west and artillery mission was called. It missed the tank destroyer but scored a direct hit on SdKfz 222 which we didn’t see.

Another enemy nest is spotted and destroyed by combined arms, unfortunately Sherman VDD was KO by StuG39H(f).

Gerries tried to recapture road to Perriers Ridge but were annihilated.

Royal artillery officer attached to our HQ suggested that this wood edge could be an ideal place for the enemy ATG covering the road so we decided to lob some mortar bombs there. He was right, there was an enemy ATG and our mortar barrage killed 5 crew and damaged Pak43/41.

Results:

Last edited by Dima on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 8 - first turn
Map Bayeux
I./916./352.Infanterie-Division           vs          231st / 50th Infantry Division

Battle continues.
The British stopped. Loses Cmd Sherman DD and Sherman DD. German loses 2 Marder (one destroyed, second demaged and decommissioned). Decent loss of German infantry.

June 8 - first turn
Map Thaon
Division-Fusilier-Bataillon 352           vs          69th / 50th Infantry Division

German attack. Use 1 unit and leave map.
June 8 - first turn
Map Hermanville
I./22. + I./125./21.Panzer-Division           vs          7th / 3rd Canadian Infantry Division

German attack. BG came out of the surrounding.
Killed Wolwerine and Crab. Sherman DD demaged but save.
Two German tanks without fuel and one tracked - in the end, all survived.

June 8 - first turn
Map Lebisey Woods
II./192./21.Panzer-Division           vs          9th / 3rd Infantry Division

Battle continues.
Pak-43/41 kill Sherman DD. Marder + engineers kill cmd Sherman DD.
Centaur IV kill StuH. One Marder captured, second demaged and lost. Sdkfz 222 destroyed by airstrike.

British captured some territory.

June 8 - first turn
Map Abbaye d' Ardenne
II./22. + I./192./21.Panzer-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Canadian Infantry Division

British attack from Buron.
German loses: three Pz4 and Pak-40.
British loses: cmd Sherman DD, Crab, two Sherman DD and 6pdr gun.

Significant losses of infantry on both sides.

An attempt to throw off the British failed. Bridgehead reduced.
Crash at end - no image.
June 8 - first turn (last two battles)
Maps Bois Du Bavent      and     Ranville

Truce at Start both fight. Nevertheless, the German bridgehead expanded.

June 8 - first turn end.

image later

Location troops before second turn on June 8 (after EXE).

Yellow - UK moves

nikin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: AAR TLD Battle for Caen v0.93 Dima - nikin GC Reply with quote

June 8 - second turn
Map Bayeux
I./916./352.Infanterie-Division           vs          231st / 50th Infantry Division

Battle continues. This is the fourth fight in the city.

Concentrated British attack (in the upper part of the map) at once confronted with obstacles. Sherman DD immobilized by Shrek in a narrow street. Later Avre immobilized by arty. Another Shrek kill Cmd Sherman DD. The English have a substantial loss of infantry. British are beginning to surrender.

At the end of the battle on other flank Pak-40 destroyed Sherman DD.

At the end of turn written off both the damaged tank. Total losses of the British - 11 units (including 4 tanks). No promotion.

June 8 - second turn
Map Hermanville
I./22. + I./125./21.Panzer-Division           vs          7th / 3rd Canadian Infantry Division

Battle continues.

Indolent opposition. Germans take one VL.

June 8 - second turn
Map Lebisey Woods
II./192./21.Panzer-Division           vs          9th / 3rd Infantry Division

Battle continues.

Cmd Sherman DD demaged by arty (lost at end of turn).
German loses: 2 Sdkfz 222 and Pak-43/41.

British take some territory (no VLs).

June 8 - second turn
Map Rauray
II./915./352. Infanterie-Division           vs          69th / 50th Infantry Division

Britich attack. Here Germans weak BG (with Stug).

At the beginning of the battle Pak-40 damage Croco (immobilized). Gun destroyed by return fire.
In garden Stug III destroys Crab, Sherman DD and cmd Sherman DD.

Later Bef Stug III killed and Stug III demaged (lost) while trying to finish Croco (my terrible mistake).
The British stopped.

At the end of the turn Croco decommissioned.

June 8 - second turn
Map Abbaye d' Ardenne
II./22. + I./192./21.Panzer-Division           vs          8th / 3rd Infantry Division

British attack by other BG.

British loses: cmd Sherman DD, Crab, Sherman DD and 6pdr gun.
German loses: Pz4 and Pak-40 (no more Pak-40 in BG). Significant losses of infantry.

Befels Pz4 and Pz4 demaged but save. Pretty funny because the British have written off all damaged tanks in turn (five). Dima shit bricks  

June 8 - second turn
Maps Bois Du Bavent
II./857./346.Infanterie-Division           vs          5th / 6th Airborne Division

Battle continues.

German attack on left flank and take 2 VLs.

June 8 - second turn (last battle)
Map Ranville
II./125./21.Panzer-Division           vs          6th / 6th Airborne Division

Battle continues.

Careful German offensive (lossless). Taken VL + some territory.
Tetrarh ICS tracked on bushes and decommissioned.

June 8 - second turn end.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Battle For Caen

Jump to: