Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 am Post subject: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Based on the changes done to my install on CC5, I made this first attempt to increase infantry survivability by modifying the terrain elements, soldier armor and the range of weapons. Kill ratings, ammo loads and such were not modified. Big guns and mortars are the same as original but because of the more protective terrain, they are not as powerful. Maybe in the future all guns get revisited.

Values for elements based on VetBoB for CC4, large and small hedgerows now block LOS, you have to be adjacent to them to be able to fire through them. Max Range of small arms is now 200m the accuracy decreased dramatically to half and in some cases much less like for example bow and coax mg's. Soldiers get 1mm of body armor as in RealRed mod for CC3, this to simulate clothes and equipment that they wear, helmet protection upped from 3mm to 5mm.

As a personal opinion I can't go back to original values, no longer do my infantry go out of ambush mode to fire at teams some couple hundred meters away and the battlefield doesn't feel like is void of cover.

Back up your original files and paste these on DATA\BASE folder or make a new dir and use the /d switch.

Real_Close.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Real_Close.zip
 Filesize:  12.11 KB
 Downloaded:  903 Time(s)

Last edited by Pzt_Kanov on Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:12 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Sounds great, Kanov!
Makes me wanna play PitF again...and I'm considering to finish up work on my rank graphic fixes based on your data files.

general_solomon

Rep: 22.7
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

awesome, thank you for doing this.  I am going to enjoy the long fire fights.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote (View Post):
Sounds great, Kanov!
Makes me wanna play PitF again...and I'm considering to finish up work on my rank graphic fixes based on your data files.

Would like very much to use your ranks again this time for PiTF.

I hope some day to release a small mod for PiTF to be more fun to play, sort of a vanilla mod, nothing too fancy, same setting, same basic units, same graphics for the most part etc. getting the infantry to survive more than 10 seconds in a firefight is the first step lol.

general_solomon wrote (View Post):

awesome, thank you for doing this.  I am going to enjoy the long fire fights.

If you would like to report feedback I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

general_solomon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

kanov , can you check your attachment I cannot download the file. I get a page not found.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:06 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

general_solomon, try downloading here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3382068

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

I think there's some problems with the uploaded files in the forums.

I re-uploaded it again though.

general_solomon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:55 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

it is working now, thank you very much.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

I've given the submod a try...and I don't like it.
Seems like infantry is too hard to kill now...relentless little men! Smile
My guess is the PitF engine is calculating data differently (somewhat like LSA?) and the data values still needs tweaking.
Currently trying out just using the elements file...and enjoying some good fights!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

I thought you would like it, oh well.

I don't know, I like it more like that so guns suppress rather than kill all the time. You've got to get real close to get some kills.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Try BFC Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Kanov,

just think about, f.e. at least 30% of the British (and same for US) casualties in Normandy was inflicted by small arms and other 70% by all kind of explosive damage including burn, splinter, blast, etc.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Kanov,

just think about, f.e. at least 30% of the British (and same for US) casualties in Normandy was inflicted by small arms and other 70% by all kind of explosive damage including burn, splinter, blast, etc.

Now that you mention, it would be cool to get all sorts of statistics like other games, per battle and for the whole operation/campaign. Of the top of my head:

-Kills and loses per type of unit and BG
-Deaths inflicted by type of weapon, differentiating friendly fire incidents
-# Rounds fired, # rounds that hit, # rounds missed. Per type of ammo, weapon, unit, BG
- # of prisoners, # VL taken per battle, per day, per BG. Maybe show a graphic of sorts.

SpecFive

Rep: 18.5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

[quote="Pzt_Kanov";p="70490"]Based on the changes done to my install on CC5, I made this first attempt to increase infantry survivability by modifying the terrain elements, soldier armor and the range of weapons. Kill ratings, ammo loads and such were not modified. Big guns and mortars are the same as original but because of the more protective terrain, they are not as powerful. Maybe in the future all guns get revisited.

Kanov: Tried your Real Close sub-mod. It dramatically improved PITF game play! I was getting tired of watching my anti-tank guns and PzrShreck teams getting instantly spotted and wiped out - even at ranges of 500 m. I am not sure if you didn't maybe compensate too much, but the game as it was originally was absurd. Great job - thanks!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:44 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Not sure how I missed this thread before (glad you provided feedback SpecFive) but I'm grabbing it now.... Thanks Pzt_Kanov!!!!

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

rom7

Rep: 46.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:15 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant, Pzt_Kanov, thank you! Any chance to take a look at tank tracks vulnerability?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Glad you liked it guys.

I might re-install PitF again and thinker with this further.

GtC looking good too, like improved pitf version. I hope some changes are applied to Pitf too so I can see them first before purchasing.

cheers!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Kanov I plan on making a few videos showcasing GTC in order for people to make more informed decisions on buying.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks mooxe.

Video reviews have been constant with us since some years back (in lack of demos and to counter creator/publisher bias), about time CC got its own review videos.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 am Post subject: Re: Increased infantry survivability sub-mod Reply with quote

I think TIK will be to.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: