Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am Post subject: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

I was always bothered me to see the allocation of more of the same medal in all versions of Close Combat including the latest PITF.

I'd like to know the method used to assign and how to fix correctly the medal assigning, from the lowest to the highest grade.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:25 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

I am not an expert but this thread might help mate:

www.closecombatseries.net

S

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

Thank you,

I assumed that the exe file needs to be changed.

an appeal that someone (Matrix)? do it

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

I've always wondered why American soldiers get the Purple heart for light (yellow) injuries but Germans won't get the verwundetenabzeichen unless they're incapacitated (orange) or dead.

Could this be an error in the .exe made by Atomic Games and later copied by Matrix?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:58 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

The Americans had just one class of medal for wounds: ie any combat related wound the soldier sustained would result in a Purple Heart. - So in this regard the game is correct imo.

The Germans on the other hand were awarded their Verwundetenabzeichen (Woundbadge) in 3 classes: black, silver and gold.

The criteria was from the top of my head something like this:

1-2 wounds and the soldier would be awarded the black medal.
3-4 wounds or, I believe, loss of a limb a silver medal would be awarded.
For 5 wounds or more, or loss of eyesight the gold class was awarded.

If I remember correctly the german woundbadge awarded in the game is the silver or gold class ? - Not the black one...
So, as the game can only award one medal for each wound, the Germans should receive the silver or gold award in the game for incapacitation or death.
To award them the silver or gold for a light injury would be historically incorrect.

S

DoktorPaj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

I am aware of the classes of the verwundetenabzeichen, but I wonder why they decided to remove the graphics  for light wounds, instead of using a different color of the same medal graphic for those wounds.
I think it's more historically incorrect to not award light wounded men, then award them the wrong medal.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

I think there is a definite number of medals that can be awarded in the game, and only one of those slots are specifically for wounded soldiers. Of course Atomic could have gone overboard getting all the details of the awarding of these medals correct, but they chose otherwise probably because of time and budget constraints:) - After all: for the casual gamer the medals are just a fun little detail of the game and they really wouldn't care or bother.
Now for die hard wargamers.. the story might be different;)

S

DoktorPaj

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Medals allocation criteria Reply with quote

Agreed! It's better that they focus on gameplay in general, instead of getting too deep on details that are fairly irrelevant to the game. But someday, if Matrix keeps tinkering on the .exe for upcoming versions, we'll might see even more details outside of combat.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: