Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Yea that is too bad.

I wonder if that is why they put a NO Time Limit option into CCM. It is the only thing that squashes this bug.  Laughing

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Granfali wrote (View Post):
Argggg!!! 00:00 bug again.  Twisted Evil

Two times during the last two days. Too much for us... campaign is over. I thought with LSA that old bug was gone but I see I was wrong!!!

Wish I knew how to fix that one, seen it in every version of CC since CC5... sooner or later.

Yes ive had it a few times but it usually seems to save the game on either host or client side. Definely not as frequent as in CC5 too

Granfali

Rep: 17.8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

It is quite strange because in our H2H campaign (GJS-LSA) nothing was saved (both times bug appeared), but the other day, playing against AI (Road to Caen-TLD) game was finally saved before crash.

I thought that 00:00 bug dissapeared with the new remakes: CoI-WaR-TLD and LSA.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

The crashes occur less often but unfortunately have not been eliminated....

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

we have had the CCE exe crash twice now at ranvulle, about 6 mins into the 15 min game. any ideas?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Is any one having the 00:00 crash on stock games?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Granfali

Rep: 17.8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

I have seen only with instaled mods (GJS-LSA and Road to Caen-TLD), never in vanilla version. Do you refer to that?

stiener

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

ive been playing alot of LSA and i have not seen any 00:00 crashs. i have seen two CCE exe crashes in ranville at about 6 mins into the 15 min game.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
we have had the CCE exe crash twice now at ranvulle, about 6 mins into the 15 min game. any ideas?

Next time you play on Ranville take detailed note of the units on both sides.  No idea why this is happening, but it might be tied to a specific unit.  PM me with the list and specific circumstances if it happens again, I'll see what I can find out.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

cathartes.......i think i figured out what is causing the ranville CCE exe crash. i did as u asked, sort of, ...i thought about what was different as far as equipment goes in my allied BG, that was not in the active roster before the battle started to crash.

its the tetrach howitzer tank !  i took it out of the mix this battle and the batttle did NOT crash.
can you look into it please? :)

thanks

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):

would be NO problems in WAR,TLD Andrew......

Could be the problem timeline 00:00 in the CAMPAIGN.TXT????

heia Safari!!

nikin

Rep: 15.7
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

It all depends on the connection.
In TLD BFC appeared 00.00 crash, flametrower crash and airstrike crash (rare and specific conditions, such as gameranger + bad connection). Same direct connection not good in some cases (possible flametrower crash).
Not seen truce crash and frozen.
Crash in the middle of the battle may be associated with flametrower.
H2H fights better finish using truce.

Cheers, nikin

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I just installed this mod... and instantly had some flashbacks from a few years ago...... nice work!!!!!
I'm playing single player GC at this moment (Just to try out)

At Courseulles sur mer map (day 2 turn 1), the allies started around the "to moke green sector" VL, they come not out of the sea. (I think this happened also in the original mod).

Also a small thing about the allied start om Juno beach... I think it would be better if the allies could use the whole beach to start on this map

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:57 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

it needs an update when you have time Cathartes.

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Last edited by tigercub on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

im 40% into a GC in LSA GJS......GREAT MOD  Very Happy but it needs a wee bit of tweaking. im playing allied, but ive looked at most german BG's in the game.
here are my thoughts Cathartes.....

the ranvile CCE EXE crash with the 6/6 AB is the tetrach howitzer.

the allies seem to be out gunned in line vs line, due to a few factors or things that could be changed.
my next GC ill play the germans on vet or elite and the allies on line and see if that helps out a bit.

1] the allied vickers MMG and the 3 inch mortor need to be taken out of the support only slots and be able to be picked in the inf slots. this will give them a bit more fire power. this is a must Cathartes IMHO, as it is you will always pick a tank over the MMG etc etc. the german inf is nasty as usual and the MG 42 is king. the bren still doesnt have the hitting power or the penitration it seems.
squad for squad the alles will be always out gunned by the germans.

2] the ammo load for the bren and vickers needs to be larger. the germans can fire all turn with both the LMG and the HMG and the bren and vickers run out on a regular basis. increasing the bren and vickers ammo load isnt out of the realm of historically accurate IMO.
3] german a/t guns seem to be harder to spot than allied a/t guns. dont no why, but ive not been able to see, for example, a flak 88 [ as big as a damn house ] in the middle of the road shooting at me until after im dead.
4] the allies are terribly short of inf a/t capibility's. is it possible to arm all the inf squads with gammon bombs, not just the para's??

havent hit much with the piat, they dont hide well for some reason.

5] the canadian BG's should have a far higher morale than they do. the germans had a very hard time fighting them and always praised there fighting capability's.
6] the green rifle squads need to have a higher morale. the allied inf at normandy including the replacements were very well trained. some ..not all may not have had much battle experience but they were all good troops. as it is now the green rifle squads get cut to bits every time.
7] oh ya...german 105 and 150 assault guns need to be toned down. very un realistic. see posts above.
8] can anything be done about the exploding fences at merville?? inf is cut to bits moving around that map.....its ridiculous.
9] the allies really need more heavy arty support than what is given right now IMHO. at least double. the allies always had tons of arty support, and its not reflected right now.

the planes are a waste of time. ive dropped tons of bombs and never knocked out a single thing yet.... and yes it is the typhoon im talking about.

10] oh ya.....the M10 TD needs to have the turret rotation sped up...this a must too Cathartes. the M10 is painfull and almost use less in any kind of a fight, and the M10 17 PDR's are really needed to even some of the cat odds.

11] the canadian BG's seem to lack points to buy troops and equipment, compared to all the other allied BG's. any one else seeing this?
12] based on how many panthers there are in the mod the allied Ind tank BDE's seem to be a wee bit short on Fire Flys IMO. i no your only supposed to have 1 FF for every 4 shermans but considering the amounts of cats in the game and no reinforcement button i think we could sweeten the pot a bit.

if nothing else is changed...numbers 1, 7, 9 and 10 need to be changed for sure IMO.

again, GREAT MOD Cathartes. your thought on the above??  Smile

thanks
RD Steiner

Last edited by stiener on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Agree with all Steiner's points.

Also, please bring back Allied assault teams !

stiener

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

oh ya.....KG Von Luck needs to be held back 1 turn so the 6/6 AB at ranville have a chance to deploy. other wise von luck can show up at the same time as 6/6 AB in ranville and over run the small AB deploy area with his tanks and game over.....

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Good job Steiner.

Man you are one dedicated fan of CC.

Hope when I finally get decent internet we can hook up for  a bash.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Mark  Very Happy  yes ive always liked CC and i really llike the options in LSA. really miss those options in PITF. when you get a good connection drop me a line and we'll get something started bro. good to hear from you.

i hope Cathartes is out there some where listening too......he seems to have dropped out of the picture?? this mod can be almost perfect with a few adjustments IMHO. hope he comes back and makes the imporvments.
rumour is he's helping Matrix on the next CC installment........battle for Caen???

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Stiener,

Cathartes is obviously very busy with a new release but most of the points you mentioned will take you less than half an hour to change with LSA workbook.
I bet Mark can help you as AFAIK he has an experience in CC data tweaking.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: