Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:50 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

No, RH=rolled homogenous (standard armor used for most of WW2 tanks), FH=face hardened (armor used by PzIII/IV/StuG tas well as Soviet T50 and US M3 light) Smile.
The Germans have stopped using FH armor since like 1943 for plates thicker than 50mm to reduce costs.

That was a big problem for all nations - different test methods.

Quote:
someone in CC may choose to "adapt" the RA AP sheel numeric valors to the facts you describe, but I don't know if can be a real good thing, and surely I will not do it.

yes, I did in TRSM/BfC Smile
will make a data update for CC5 Stalingrad shortly with all these changes. (this Kharkov discussion has inspired me Smile)

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

You did, so it’s not impossible to apply in CC: good to know it.
Dima, I don’t want to worry you but let me say this thing only another time: when my mod will be ready for download, it would be great a total correction/upgrade of the vehicles.txt and weapons.txt files made by you (if/when you will have time/will).
About Stalingrad mod I really would like to see it in TLD (with Der kessel, Karelia, and El Alamein mods): matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

Drizzt

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Quote:
Dima, I don’t want to worry you but let me say this thing only another time: when my mod will be ready for download, it would be great a total correction/upgrade of the vehicles.txt and weapons.txt files made by you (if/when you will have time/will).

mate, i would have to change everything, so better not do that, sorry Smile.
still if you have any question just shoot and I will do my best to answer as I like your attitude to this mod.

Quote:
About Stalingrad mod I really would like to see it in TLD (with Der kessel, Karelia, and El Alamein mods): matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

will do one day, but shortly will release a data upgrade for CC5 which will drastically change/improve gameplay.
actually thought Stal is no played any more but it appears I was mistaken.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Ok Dima, please take only in consideration that the work on technical aspects of weapons and vehicles can be separated/divided from a total realism work on others data files (teams, soldiers etc.). Anyway of course I respect your decision.

I’m working on the things that we’ve discussed on this thread: if I will have further doubts for sure I will ask to you (thanks).

Drizzt

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:58 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

looks like great work Drizzt waiting to try this mod!

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

Mafi has released the req'd tools to extract CC5 data.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Ok Tejszd, when you say "data" you mean the files in cc Data folder or also the info for the TLD stratmap.txt file? To convert data contained into Data folder it's enough quick also without tools help (but qclone is needed to convert CC5 data in .txt file format), the real problem is the stratmap.txt file.

Anyway, I don't find req'd tool nowhere (I have searched in various sites). Do you know a link?

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:40 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Grab BED9 and check it out; it has btd file editor and strat tools.

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Ok Tejszd, I will take a look: of course I have used it to create all btd files of the mod, but, about stratmap, I have preferred a manual work because it was a totally new work to do.
Anyway, using BED9, I have yet searched the option to extract data from the CC5.exe some months ago without success: I will take a look another time as I have said.

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Mafi released these tools;
RtBTool v2.39 = extracts CC5 uniform and support information from the exe plus editing BTD and Strat Information for WAR/TLD/LSA
BED9 v1.09 = convert CC4/5 btd files to WAR/LTD/LSA

"The Blood" released this tool;
StratEdit5.exe = displays CC5 strat information

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Reply with quote

Thanks Tejszd, you had already helped me about these things in another topic on this forum but of course thanks again. I have used Rtb 2.39 and Bed9 (also for Kharkov mod) and I know them very well. About stratedit5, I knew only stratedit (the old one): I don't have and I don't have found stratedit5, but anyway now it's all resolved because I have already finished the work I had in mind (mainly using Bed9).

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: