Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
BlackDog

Rep: 15.9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:39 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

That`s good to know but I hoped Cathartes  would put his considerable ability toward a fully AI compatible version of LSA GJS to match CC5 GJS.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Stiener,

Cathartes is obviously very busy with a new release but most of the points you mentioned will take you less than half an hour to change with LSA workbook.
I bet Mark can help you as AFAIK he has an experience in CC data tweaking.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:47 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
That`s good to know but I hoped Cathartes  would put his considerable ability toward a fully AI compatible version of LSA GJS to match CC5 GJS.

haha, CC5 AI is way worse than LSA AI AFAIK.
and btw nothing that Stiener mentioned affects AI behaviour.

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Stiener,

Cathartes is obviously very busy with a new release but most of the points you mentioned will take you less than half an hour to change with LSA workbook.
I bet Mark can help you as AFAIK he has an experience in CC data tweaking.

Close Dima, but its actually Von (aka tigercub) who is the editing expert.

I believe he has already tweaked some of the vehicle/gun stats so I'll see if he is up to making these changes.

But I think he is more familiar with stats than actually editing the numbers etc.

Mark

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'll see if I can whip up an update including most of the suggestions mentioned above and some other fixes.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks.
-Cathartes

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:30 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cheers Cathartes. Appreciate there are a lot of demands on your time right now.

Mark

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:35 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes

Thanks  for staying in touch.

Can i request also that if you release a patch for the mod, that you can confirm disbanded BG's do re-spawn at a supply depot?

In a H2H GC Allies are basically guaranteed to have quite a few BGs disbanded by the strong German divisions, if the allied groups do not re-spawn that would absolutely game-breaking.

Also might it be possible to release a list of which groups reinforce, how and when etc.?

Many thanks!

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Finest mod played since Michael's BOB WAR TeT MOD conversion. NO bugs so far, large teams, huge assortments of weapons at disposal.

Same issue (if any) is amazing ability of 3.7cm German AT gun to penetrate T34 tank eventually. It wasn't nick named the "door knocker" for nothing.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

great news Cathartes  Very Happy

will we be able to continue an existing GC with the new update??? i hope so  Very Happy

looking forward to it!!! great game!!

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

stiener

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Buuface
LSA was meant to be played with morale ON. with morale ON, this stops most "disbandments" as you will retreat before you disband unless you have no where to retreat to.
yes i know that with morale on, its harder for the allies to get off the beaches in a timely fashion, but unless Cathartes has specifically changed this in GJS - LSA then its my opinion you have to play GJS -LSA with moral ON to get around the whole sale disbandments of BG's.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

1 more thing Cathartes.......ive been dueling with the panthers with 17 PDR a/t guns, M10 17 PDR's and FireFlys.
ive found that the panthers win most duels even if the 17 pdr gets the 1st hit and even the 1st two hits.
the 17 PDR'S seem to miss more than they should also i think.

the panthers get 1 shot 1 kill most of the time...hands down.

what are you other players seeing here?

i suggest we tweak the 17 PDR accuracey and penetration a wee bit.

your thoughts cathartes and Gentlemen???

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
ive been dueling with the panthers with 17 PDR a/t guns, M10 17 PDR's and FireFlys.
ive found that the panthers win most duels even if the 17 pdr gets the 1st hit and even the 1st two hits.
the 17 PDR'S seem to miss more than they should also i think

guns are pretty darn similar in terms of shell velocity and penetration, but Panther's 7.5cm has a slight edge

Guess your outcome is as would be expected only because Sherman and M-10 have such lousy armor and less chance of dealing with an angled shot (always unseen by player).  Also, some German units start with slightly greater morale/experience which influences performance in LSA more than in earlier CC game engines.

If a number of other players see this and think the situation is too lopsided toward the Panther tank, please let me know.

Firefrost

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:44 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Just had a similar experience to steiner with panthers. Engaging a panther from the front with 1 firefly and 1 Sherman, got a lucky shot with the sherman and blew of the panthers gun. Firefly took 21 shots from 150m to kill the panther. My 2nd firefly engaged a panther at 50m, got the first 2 shots and both bounced.  Then on the 2nd fight of this map firefly engaging panther from the side had shots bouncing. Could have been just terrible luck but I'd have thought that should be an easy kill on the side armor.

I'd say it needs a tweak, if that holds true in H2H panthers will be pretty crazy. Incidentally I seem to find the normal 17pdr gun is much more effective than the firefly one, not sure if there is a reason for this?

Hope that helps.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for posting Firefrost  Smile  anyone else out there with panther vs Fire Fly issues?? nows the time to post before Cathartes does the update.  Cool

IMHO if the FF gets the drop on the panther and gets the 1st shot and even a sec shot and hit.. weather it be front or side...it should be a kill.

my recent battles show the accuracie of the 17 pdr is not good also. it seems to miss alot. i mentioned that in my post too.

my info is a 17 pdr could penetrate 200 mm of armour at 1000 yds i believe.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

The info I found on a book called "British and American Tanks of WWII" and a site online say about 185/1000m using APDS. Can't remember what that would be in yds.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:22 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
The info I found on a book called "British and American Tanks of WWII" and a site online say about 185/1000m using APDS. Can't remember what that would be in yds.

that would be around 900yds, but APDS wasn;t available to units in June 1944.

In RL, 17pdr APC could penetrate Panther with front hit only at gun mantle at less than 300yds or turret ring aka crirital in CC Smile.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:24 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

were splitting hairs here but.....
the 6 pdr had APDS in june but the 17 pdr didnt till sept. The Firefly 17-pounder was able to penetrate some 140 mm of armour at 500 m (550 yd) and 131 mm at 1,000 m (1,100 yd) using standard Armour Piercing.

The panther front hull had 80 mm of armor angled at 55 degrees from the vertical.

point is...the FireFly at CC ranges could pen a panthers front armour with standard AP ammo.

i think we should tweek the 17PDR a wee bit  Cool

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:35 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

we were talking about 17pdr APDS....

Quote:
the 6 pdr had APDS in june

btw it couldnt pen Panther frontal either Wink.

Quote:
The Firefly 17-pounder was able to penetrate some 140 mm of armour at 500 m (550 yd) and 131 mm at 1,000 m (1,100 yd) using standard Armour Piercing.
The panther front hull had 80 mm of armor angled at 55 degrees from the vertical.
point is...the FireFly at CC ranges could pen a panthers front armour with standard AP ammo.

thing is that neither 17pdr APC nor APCBC could pen Panther glacis at any range with 50% probability (low armor plate and mantlet is another story) that's why APDS were rushed in August though they sucked that time and the whole APDS concept was rejected by USA in favor for HVAP that could pen less but had very crucial advantages vs APDS

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:46 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

our info differs Dima.  Confused  im not getting into a you said / i said .....my info / your info debate.  Cool

lets not lose site of the fact, playability is an issue and thats really what were talking about here. all im trying to do is make the mod a bit more playible and less 1 sided in these tank duals. im / we are not asking for a total rebuild of the allied 17 PDR, just a tweak..........not too much to ask if Cathartes thinks its a good idea.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
our info differs Dima.  Confused  im not getting into a you said / i said .....my info / your info debate.

my info is based on the official US/UK reports circa Normandy 1944 where the shot live Panthers with all possible kind of guns/shells and got pretty funny (or depressing) resuts.
probably you have more accurate info...but i wash my hands here, really don't care Smile.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Stiener,

btw thanks for 16 negative rep points, mate.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: