Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:53 pm Post subject: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

title says it all

Conrad

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:15 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

Thanks Cathartes!

Guys/gals be sure to check the forums for updates:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1253

At least every two months or so we intend to post a few updates on our progres.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

I might get this but disappointed Matrix won't do anything for East Front.  It's been so many years with nothing for East Front.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Conrad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:21 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
I might get this but disappointed Matrix won't do anything for East Front.  It's been so many years with nothing for East Front.

Hi dj, I understand your point. There are probably several reasons why; Both Cathartes and I worked on GJS and our current interest is the Normandy sector as we both have quite a collection of books about it. Also commercially and symbolically it's one of the most interesting operations. A third reason is that the Normandy terrain is ideal for the current engine.

Changing most of the mentioned aspects would ask for a larger budget which we do not have. We are merely modders only now with more capabilities. Matrixgames accepted our proposal of our current project (since they own the rights to the engine)

For example I'm developing new effects, map graphics and working on some new voice overs, the voice actors are all volunteers since we're on a tight budget. Luckily we both have enough expertise to develop most of the elements ourselves. Next to that Steve McLair is willing to work on some aspects of the engine (with a limit)

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:52 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

[quote="Conrad";p="71596"]
dj wrote (View Post):
A third reason is that the Normandy terrain is ideal for the current engine.

I would dispute that.  I think the current and recent CC builds offer a better wide open tank battle than a CC battle (aka) eastern front

Conrad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

[quote="southern_land";p="71597"]
Conrad wrote (View Post):
dj wrote (View Post):
A third reason is that the Normandy terrain is ideal for the current engine.

I would dispute that.  I think the current and recent CC builds offer a better wide open tank battle than a CC battle (aka) eastern front

And GtC just offers that variaty Smile there are open plains and dense hedges to cross. Choosing eastern front could be possible but isn't within our current interest.

Conrad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

Here are some map examples:

Soon I hope to record a small preview video together with Cathartes

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

The new 32 bit graphics are of course great. However, the maps look very pale. I mean, Panthers in the Fog maps also have this thing. Compared to the vivid maps of CC5 GJS all these maps are too pale and blurry.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:41 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

Yeah the colours look faded. Like too much time in the sun.

Explosions look good. I wonder if there can be multiple types of explosions from the same type of ammo.

I see from the vehicle size what Steve was talking about, ref isometric views. That's too bad.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Conrad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:55 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

It depends on what kind of monitor you are currently viewing and weither it's an office screen or above avarage.

I'm using two monitors for my job (graphic design) a Apple cinema display and a acer office display. The colors and textures in PitF are more saturated,
the way I designed the new maps for GtC was to compare it to actual aerial photographs and develop new textures based on those conclusions (thanks to Davidsfx! since he provided quality photographs taken from a helicopter)

Before playing this game I can advice to recalibrate your monitor in order to see the true color palette. But stil the way we perceive colors and or objects remain subjectively. However if a majority thinks the graphics needs some adjustment then I'll fix this, no problem Smile

Conrad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

A good example of how we perceive and predetermine visual reality is the Wittgenstein rabbit Smile

During art school I had about 2 years of philosophy and this example was shown quite frequently, it's a challenge to see both the rabbit and the duck without choosing to see only one of those.

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

A Karelia 2 map and GtC comparison...

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

I don't mind the faded look of the Terrain.
But those perfectly clean and bright Roofs that seem to be the trend are horrible.

Atleast they corrected that.

Conrad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
A Karelia 2 map and GtC comparison...

I do hope you're spotting the difference  Very Happy

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

Ohhh! Hedges...i was afraid there should be open step maps with forrest, hills and lakes or even worse! some Island with palmtrees...

Conrad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:53 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
Ohhh! Hedges...i was afraid there should be open step maps with forrest, hills and lakes or even worse! some Island with palmtrees...

I'm glad about that sapa Smile

mooxe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

I am just comparing colours. Maybe Conrad, the colours used are just all so close it makes it look faded.

Another comparison...

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I am just comparing colours. Maybe Conrad, the colours used are just all so close it makes it look faded.

Yes, I'd say "monochromatic" is a better description that "faded"

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:33 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):

Hi dj, I understand your point. There are probably several reasons why; Both Cathartes and I worked on GJS and our current interest is the Normandy sector as we both have quite a collection of books about it. Also commercially and symbolically it's one of the most interesting operations. A third reason is that the Normandy terrain is ideal for the current engine.

Changing most of the mentioned aspects would ask for a larger budget which we do not have. We are merely modders only now with more capabilities. Matrixgames accepted our proposal of our current project (since they own the rights to the engine)

For example I'm developing new effects, map graphics and working on some new voice overs, the voice actors are all volunteers since we're on a tight budget. Luckily we both have enough expertise to develop most of the elements ourselves. Next to that Steve McLair is willing to work on some aspects of the engine (with a limit)

Yes I respect what you and Cathartes have done and how you have limited budget resources.  But I disagree about the costs.  Since it has over 10 years since there has been a new East Front CC game, the demand would be higher.  Plus there would be support within the community to help for other maps.

1 last East Front game for the current engine or Crete, or some other theater outside of Normandy...would be much more popular imo.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Conrad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 am Post subject: Re: don't look for this in 4Q 2013, probably next Q Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

Another comparison...

That's a nice comparison, I now understand your point.

Since multiple people noticed this I'll fix this issue.

dj wrote (View Post):
dj wrote (View Post):

Yes I respect what you and Cathartes have done and how you have limited budget resources.  But I disagree about the costs.  Since it has over 10 years since there has been a new East Front CC game, the demand would be higher.  Plus there would be support within the community to help for other maps.

1 last East Front game for the current engine or Crete, or some other theater outside of Normandy...would be much more popular imo.

dj, there is almost no budget trust me. What could be done is some kind of fundraise. I'd say make a bold step and do something about it.
I'd love to do an eastern front version in the future, perhaps with the latest build of the 3D engine. For now it's the British versus the Germans which has also been a while , right?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: