Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

yeah orthodox churches...the domes on the roofs aren't that obvious

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks Southerland, I will correct. I have never seen an Orthodox Church (probably only in some films without give to them much attention): some days ago I have seen in the web the particular shape of some of them and I have understood my mistake. Anyway there is a map that has particularly brought me to wrong: the big squared building in Dovzhyk map probably isn’t a church.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

After almost three campaign days of battles I can say that v 2.1 it’s very stable despite the many changes in Data: I have had only one crash due to chronometer bug (and I have finished many battles with the time run out): it’s the first crash due to chronometer bug after 25 consecutive time run out end battles without the bug (v 2.0 included).
I have also had a classic crash at the end of the first battle of the first day of grand campaign (only one time): this bug was present also in CC5 (see readme file) and can happens also at the end of the first battle after every movement phase (but this one it’s more rare towards first turn of the first day bug crash).
In conclusion all seems very solid. I have also corrected some other things like a roof in Volchansk map, minor issues in some txt map files (like two more bridges), some victory location names, ,minor issues in Data and the T-34 tank gun (the F-34, very important correction): the mistake is that I had used the T-34 rush made tank gun that has a very bad range towards the original T-34 tank gun.
In one week or so I will build patch v 2.2 (deleting v 2.1 and quick fix links) if nobody have nothing important to report. I have had a lot of fun in these tests: tests without problems and very good close combat. I’m playing with russians and after the first day of battles I have lost 1300 men (incapacitated+dead), 20 guns, 18 vehicles and 44 tanks, german IA has lost 1100 men, 16 guns, 26 vehicles, and 33 tanks: I have paid every centimeter conquered.

About the feeling with Data reworked for realism, german tanks speaking in general are more strong than in v 2.0 (it's good, russian already have numerical superiority, even if it's about men, not tanks): KV-1 are monsters no more but remain (in my opinion) the best tanks, and T-34 tanks with the corrected tank gun are better (they seemed really weak with the wrong tank gun). About infantry, the difference it’s exactly as I wanted it and imagined it.

Drizzt

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi to all, here some things to keep in mind testing my mod:

- To avoid occasional crash follow the hints in the readme file under “Single Player” section: some of them cannot be avoided because they regard the original game, but they are rare and anyway occasional; some others can be eliminated with the windows compatibility mode (of course don’t report occasional crash that are in the readme file list).

- Remember that v 2.1 is not save game compatible with v 2.0: don’t report errors/bugs if you find them continuing old campaigns/ops after have patched the mod.

- In campaign settings I have used “0” and “100” values for the score system: I’m not sure that they can be used so let me know if you have crash problems at the end of the fifth day of the grand campaign (report it also if you play with the mod not patched to v 2.1).

Just because this mod it’s basically a beta I want encourage you all to report constant game crash if you find any of them. If you want help, if/when you find constant crash, try to remove starting 15 units one by one (player and opponent) trying to play each time to find the unit that causes the crash: often the cause of a constant game crash are the bad settings of a single unit (especially guns and tanks).
Anyway, more in general, report the campaign/operation day, the map, and the battlegroups involved. I would also know if there were many wrecks due to previous battles on the map involved in the game crash (I remember an old CC5 bug about this fact, but seems to me to remember that it wasn’t a constant crash).

Drizzt

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:54 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

where can i find this mod for TLD??? is not here at CCS that i can see........

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

to Steiner: in this forum (Kharkov forum), see the first post in "TLD Kharkov Mod Download" thread: you can find the download links for the full mod, a patch, and a quick fix after the patch.
When I will release a new patch you will find it always there.

Drizzt

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:13 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Beginning to note a nasty habit. Last time it occurred on the Myrne map and it involves the CTD at the end of the scenario during campaign play.

Seems once the CTD, or COD occurs the 1st time during the particular campaign this one is prone to having it occur again and again (to me at least) until this campaign is removed and all traces of it have been cleansed from the WAR folder and then reinstalled. Have noticed this before on 1 other campaign that enjoyed and was somewhat incompatible with the latest patch, Nomada FF BOB mod and this was the only way to continue his latest version after a CTD from a save, as you would get these multiple times afterward and have noticed 3 CTD so far now the last 2 days in the 2.1 version on Kharkov mod.

Played the mod dozens of times under 2.0 just fine, it was odd that the bug has chosen so late a time to show itself and my WAR is patched properly with a legal copy (just adding that of course) and even reinstalled the game 6-8 months ago.

Just mentioning this in case anyone has tried anything else to defeat that nasty CTD bug that has followed every CC game the last several years and even earlier titles.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting Johnsilver. I have heard about this bug many times in past: it seems a weird kind of "installation corrupted" bug. About CC5, I have never used modswap and similar things, I had every CC5 mods manually installed in separate folders ready to start each of them in any moment: doing in this way I have never had this "installation corrupted" bug. I know, Kharkov don't use modswap, but maybe you have used it for others mods recently?
Anyway, should not be a mod problem, but there is a thing to keep in mind: I have never tested my mod with WAR, I have only tried if every campaigns/ops worked with it (WAR and TLD mods have been declared full compatible, but different .exe files remain anyway different .exe files: I mean that it's a big difference even if they are compatible and I can only hope that really they work in the same way).
A question: have you have deleted all the folders, even if empty folders, before reinstall all? If not, I suggest to you to do it and reinstall all.
Another thing: have you conserved the Kharkov campaign saved file? If yes, after re-installation all it works in the right way?

Drizzt

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:37 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Drzzt,

No, not played any other mods since started playing with this one of yours originally. No plugins with the Manger, etc..

Will go back and just reinstall again and check to make sure nothing is left empty from original install. Admit I wasn't careful there.. Could have done that, but don't think so. Would be nice if it was that simple.

On the save file. Yes, that I saved.

Thanks,

JS

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:20 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks Johnsilver, your report will be really useful for me especially considering you play WAR.

One specification about installation corrupted bugs: the period to consider it's from when you have installed WAR to when the bug happens. In this case should be from 6-8 months ago (in your previous post I can read it) to few days ago (when bug has happened): in this period you haven't use plugins and others similar things on WAR?

About my hint it has helped some users in past so I hope that can help also you (I mean that it's a "tested" hint: consider it good for all CC version).

About the save files: In my previous post I have forgotten to mention that it's good at the end of every entire turn, in debrief screen before next movement phase, to save the current campaign (I mean a new save). Players can continue with the old and use the new as backup. Long time ago (about CC5), I have heard of some people that complaint about corrupted save files: they were really few and to be honest it never happens to me, but from CC5 I always create the backup save files so I suggest you (and to all) to create them.

Drizzt

johnsilver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:
in this period you haven't use plugins and others similar things on WAR?

Sorry Drzzt, read your original post wrong on that. yes, in the last 6 months I have played other WAR mods via the plugin manager, just not since beginning to play yours that only started a little over a month ago.

Quote:
In my previous post I have forgotten to mention that it's good at the end of every entire turn, in debrief screen before next movement phase, to save the current campaign (I mean a new save).

Thanks for that. I already do that. It has been one of the "tried my own way" work arounds to stop that particular bug. It seems that very often when a turn, or campaign crashes on a save it becomes corrupted, therefore I double save each turn, one name I write over every time until a crash and a numerical, sequenced number.

Thanks for the hints. One way or the other this bug will finally get squashed for good.

Edit:

Just going to make the post change additions here:

After complete uninstall/install. making sure everything was gone and playing 8-10 turns today? No crashes thus far. Hoping it stays that way.

Forgot to mention one thing however earlier. The Myrne crash, or think it was that one was on a "clean" or 1st time map was playing that time around campaign play. Might be mistaken on the map, but 1 of the crashes was on an Axis attack, 1st time played where was clearly winning on an attack 1st time played.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Drizzt,

I am not saying that it is a big problem but I am trying to figure out how a T-26 can survive 6 rounds from my Stug and then return fire knocking it out?

Anyway, I have played your mod for a number of days now, on day 18 now of the campaign, and every so often there is a crash. Since the game doesn't get corrupted I am not too concerned with that. Very enjoyable, although I think the Katyushas are a little too quick to respond, and from what I have read maybe a little too accurate. To me they have become the most feared weapon the Russians have and I always seek to destroy them whenever I can find them. They are especially fearsome when trying to come out out that little area allowed on the attack. I think the larger area allowed with PitF is much easier to work with. Very well done.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Schmal_Turm, thanks for reporting. I really need reports because literally seems that I can’t have serious crash problems (and for me also occasional bug crash are very, very rare). I have of course also appreciated the compliments even if I don’t reply to them.

I’m at the end of May 16 and I’m playing with russians: both sides have lost more than 5000 men each one (german IA has lost something like 130 tanks and me something like 150). Some german infantry regiments have been hit hard and encircled: they are nearly depleted. Two of my tank brigades are near to be depleted and the 6th Army panzer divisions are again in a good situation: from 17th May will arrive 5 panzer battlegroups and 3 recon-PJ battlegroups... A lot of fun.

About your crash problems: have you have followed the hints in the readme file and the hints that I have given to John silver in my previous posts (they will be in the next readme file)?
Or: you are playing a v 2.0 campaign with v 2.1 version installed? They are not save game compatible. A specification for all: when I speak about v 2.1 I mean patch 2.1 plus quick fix 2: both things together.
Finally, there is of course a possible problem that I prefer don’t debate because I can’t physically check users computers: I’m speaking about the “health” of operative systems (for example, in my opinion, a clean windows register and a defragged hard disk can help to avoid installation corrupted bugs due to a continuative use of CC plugins; anyway the variances are thousands… so I prefer don’t debate about this argument).

About T-26: it should really be perfect (v 2.1). After Stalingrad mod comparison work I am confident about this fact.
The “mathematic” way that Data uses in the game I think it has been linked with a “mathematic calculation of probability work” made by programmers: in my opinion it’s fundamental because it’s the mathematic way to simulate the fortune: I think that the T-26 you have encountered has simply “won the lottery”. T-26 tanks I use in my campaign are normally weaker than german tanks (so the general feeling I have with them it’s good).
About katyusha I will take a look: about it my work comparison has been done with Der Kessel mod.

Let me know if my hints can’t resolve your crash problems (of course if it’s a problem of v2.0 - v2.1 compatibility it’s not possible to resolve it) and in this case I need a deep description: when and how it crash? There are always only some maps and/or battlegroups involved? Etc.

Thanks again for reporting, I hope you will resolve crash problems soon.

Drizzt

Edit: I have read only now new John Silver info, glad to know that all seem to work for now. About "first time map battle" possible crash: I will keep attention about this kind of battles, but for sure for now it never has happened to me. Thanks for the report John Silver.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Drzzt,

I can confirm the Katyusha's that Schmal_Turm mentions. I target them myself as soon as a scenario opens, or look for them initially to see if one is present. Have seen them knock out Stug's numerous times, if not disable/damage them and have learned to at the very least keep AT guns spaced VERY far apart so don't lose 2 at one time the kill radius is so wide.

The 3.7cm gun you fixed for the Axis was well done. it no longer targets medium-heavy Russian tanks, only the light tanks and armored cars, plus infantry. Have seen it refuse to target a T34 that was parked next to it, sideways even..

Has anyone else noticed the 12cm mortar constantly getting lost in a cycle of "wrong facing" after firing a couple of rounds, then you have to go back to the unit, set it to "defend", then reset the target again in order to fix it? It's the same with the captured 12cmR team.

Nearly finished with the Axis campaign and no more crashes. Russians seem to have a never ending supply of armor. finally got one unit down to some Matilda 2's.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Yes, I too have noticed the tendency of the 120mm mortar with the inability to fire because of what you described johnsilver. Since you have figured out a "fix" which is the same one I figured would work then at least I can use that one.

I figured out a possible scenario as to why so many shots on the T26 were no good: The first two hit the running gear and the next 4 shots were from a factory using forced laborers who sabotaged the AP rounds.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

To John Silver: I can modify a little bit the accuracy of Katyusha but I have a question: when you say that one of them have destroyed two guns well distanced from each other, you mean with exactly the same shot? If yes I think it’s another kind of issue to correct. Katyusha fires many shots in few time: its arc of fire is (reasonably) wide and this is not an error (for what I know), it can destroy distanced guns with multiple shots.

About russian number or tanks: it’s similar to number of german tanks. Indeed, germans have some more tanks (but the surplus are light tanks). Tank brigades can’t reinforce, only 9 rifle divisions can do it.

Wrong facing issue: I have already written about them in the readme of v 2.2 (next version: you don’t have it). In my thread “need hints about modding TLD” (modding workshop) I have mentioned it some time ago and I have already changed the fire angle of heavy mortars to front arc (instead front only): this thing has a little bit improved the situation but not resolved it.
Arty guns (coded with indirect fire in my mod) have exactly the same problem.
I begin to think that it’s an org game engine issue-bug (no mortars and indirect fire guns are coded in vehicles.txt file in the org game). Anyway it’s a very secondary thing, even if I agree that it’s annoying.

To Schmal_Turm: I have checked T-26 just to be sure: it’s perfect. You used Stug40 F right? I ask because StugIII C and StugIII E, as in Stalingrad mod, don’t have AP ammo.

Drizzt

johnsilver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi Drzzt,

I am kind of used to playing vs super powerful werfrahmen (spelling) and Katyusha's. The various BOB mods all have those Werfrahmen in them (most) and they are as bad, plus wide of range coming in as those "stalin organs" do. Some other players may be more wanting of removal. The 12cm mortars bother me more to tell you the truth. Spread of fire for the katyusha's, and they seem to fire 6-8 at a time is massive. I no longer put 2 AT guns closer than 250' together if at all possible.

Schmal_Turm:

Get a 3.7cm "door knocker for those light tanks, armored cars and Katyusha's, plus even the AA trucks. They will fit in many buildings and take out those light tanks and trucks pretty fast. FWIW? The 7.5 artillery will also fit in many buildings, but it will generally only fire at the Katyusha, AA truck and troops.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Hi John Silver, I have asked in another thread help about two aspects of katyusha, but, even without more info, I can say immediately that I have checked some fonts and checked katyusha towards wurfgerat 40 in the mod data: accuracy it’s very low for both (good thing) so my doubts are about which one it’s more accurate (but I repeat that both have already very, very low accuracy). Finally, blast value seems perfect.

About rounds speed of fire: wurfgerat is set to 10 and Katyusha to 1 (very fast): I have asked in another thread a good value to use for the Katyusha (wurfgerat value come from Stalingrad mod: should be perfect).

About number rounds of Katyusha: in the mod is set to 16, in real life I have found that can be from a minimum of 14 to a maximum of 48 so I don’t think to modify it.

Drizzt

Edit: wurgerat isn't in stalingrad mod (it's in Der kessel mod), so I have asked help for both rocket launchers.

Last edited by Drizzt on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:15 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Drizzt: Since I know you are a stickler for accuracy I am letting you know that the Pz. IV Aust. D, when you click on the main gun it shows "FREE" whatever that is supposed to mean.

johnsilver: I will take your advice. It will give me a good excuse to use the obsolete 37s since they are easily hidden in buildings.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

to Schmal_Turm: I continue to think that you play a v 2.0 campaign with v 2.1 patch or maybe the problem is an installation problem that I don't know (you never reply if one of my hint works or not), but the fact is that I can read the Pz IV D main gun name: 7.5cm kwk37 and I don't have almost touched data working for v 2.2.
For v 2.1 version, data have been reworked very, very deeply: "FREE" are data entries ready to be used by other weapons/vehicles (in future, if/when necessary).

Drizzt

Edit: I don't remember exactly if it was about Pz IVD, but there is also the possibility that you are right but only if you are playing a v 2.0 campaign with v 2.0 data: I mean that I remember to have corrected this problem for v 2.1.
For all: please, don't report errors found playing with v 2.0 data.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: