Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

  Survey
TRIVIA: Are soldiers credited for killing surrendered troops?

Yes
No
Unsure



Results
Polls

Votes 2953
Comments: 2

  Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

  Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

  Donations
ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

__Creeper__ - $10.00
07/08/2020

Bazookajoe - $25.00
06/02/2020

Pete - $25.00
04/11/2020

Anonymous - $10.00
03/08/2020

m2carbine - $20.00
02/14/2020

Dima - $25.00
01/26/2020

mikwarleo - $20.00
01/25/2019

0202243 - $10.00
12/04/2018

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.



Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search


Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
In stalingrad mod there are command Panzer IIIH without the main gun (only mg): it's a choice or an error to correct? I ask because I use command panzer IIIH me too.

befehlspanzer III didn't have a main gun that time.

Quote:
Another thing: normally, it's better to create two different weapons for main guns of tanks and of antitank-inf. guns because, even when they are total identical, the main gun of tanks has the assault fire (fire in movement) option on true (1), the gun of anti tank-inf. guns not (0 = false). Now: 45mm 53k gun, in stalingrad mod, has been used in both Bt7-m tank and 45mm anti tank gun: it's normal that Bt7-m can't fire in movement or is better to create two guns? I ask because I use them me too.

I don't remember why it was done like that, maybe due to CC5 slots limitation. Usually I make each vehicle or towed gun to use its own weapon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Ok Dima and thanks, do you suggest a different name for one of the two 45mm 53K guns? Personally I don't have found different names.
Pz II D: one of my font says that there were some of them in the panzer divisions in 2nd Kharkov timeline, another font says that they were retired after poland campaign. Both fonts say that, anyway, about models, the only "big production" for the eastern front was the Pz II F (used in Stalingrad mod). Do you suggest to use Pz IIF and delete the II D for 2nd Kharkov?

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
do you suggest a different name for one of the two 45mm 53K guns? Personally I don't have found different names.

45mm tank gun was called 20K.
I think there is 20K in Stal - used by T70.
BT7 wasn't available in Stal and was included only for recruit difficulty as Manoi has already done a sprite Smile.

Quote:
Pz II D: one of my font says that there were some of them in the panzer divisions in 2nd Kharkov timeline, another font says that they were retired after poland campaign. Both fonts say that, anyway, about models, the only "big production" for the eastern front was the Pz II F (used in Stalingrad mod). Do you suggest to use Pz IIF and delete the II D for 2nd Kharkov?

even PzIIB were used in 1942 so hard to say which was there or there - need to see photos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

The 20k it's the same of Ba-10 and T-26 guns right? I don't knew that was 53-k tank gun name. Excellent and thanks.
About Pz IID for now I don't delete it.

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
The 20k it's the same of Ba-10 and T-26 guns right? I don't knew that was 53-k tank gun name. Excellent and thanks.

yes, 20-k.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Smoke ammo question: F-34 (the T-34) tank gun can't fire smoke ammo? KV tank guns are coded to fire smoke ammo but are without them in stalingrad mod: they are without this kind of ammo due to lack of supplies in stalingrad timeline?
German 5cm gun and 5cm tank guns can't fire smoke ammo (anyway I ask about 2nd kharkov battle)?

Info for all: the work on 1st patch is almost finished, soon will be ready for download.

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
Smoke ammo question: F-34 (the T-34) tank gun can't fire smoke ammo? KV tank guns are coded to fire smoke ammo but are without them in stalingrad mod: they are without this kind of ammo due to lack of supplies in stalingrad timeline?

normally smoke ammo was not issued to T34/KV.
T34 had smoke generators in the aft of a hull.

Quote:
German 5cm gun and 5cm tank guns can't fire smoke ammo (anyway I ask about 2nd kharkov battle)?

there was no 5cm smoke ammo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Thanks Dima (as always). Howitzer-arty guns like ML-20, M-30, 10.5cm leFH 18 and 15cm sFH 18 can fire smoke ammo?

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
Howitzer-arty guns like ML-20, M-30, 10.5cm leFH 18 and 15cm sFH 18 can fire smoke ammo?

yes but german tanks with 7.5cm guns usually had smoke shells.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Excellent Dima, I have really appreciated your help in these months. I think I have finished my work on the patch. About 7.5cm german guns, I had already set them with smoke ammo (thanks for the hint).

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Questions about 3.7cm pak 36 AT gun: in stalingrad mod it has 1 heat ammo, it's the stielgranate 41? If yes, it was available in 2nd kharkov? And about its spec ammo, it's the tungsten cored ammo right? if yes, it was available in 2nd Kharkov?

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Hi to all, about my previous question I have found that Stielgranate 41 for the 3.7cm gun was available from 1943 (very probably also in late 1942: Stalingrad mod use it) so I will not use heat ammo. About spec ammo, I don’t have found info about when tungsten cored ammo have begun to be available so I think that I will use them (no info probably means that were available almost immediately).

New question: Katyusha and sdkfz wurfrahmen: which of them was more accurate? And this accuracy difference was substantial?
About their speed of fire (I ask about speed of the rounds: “reload chamber” in weapons.txt data): wurfgerat is set to 10 as in stalingrad mod, considering this fact which is a good value to use for katyusha (for now is set to 1: it's very fast)?
Another thing: also “time to fire” data it’s different: it’s 5 for wurfgerat and 1 for katyusha (again very fast): should I modify also here?

Drizzt

Edit: both rocket launchers have been reworked by me with Der Kessel mod comparison: this means the wurfrahmen isn't in stalingrad mod and that I need help for both rocket launchers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:50 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi to all, about my previous question I have found that Stielgranate 41 for the 3.7cm gun was available from 1943 (very probably also in late 1942: Stalingrad mod use it) so I will not use heat ammo. About spec ammo, I don’t have found info about when tungsten cored ammo have begun to be available so I think that I will use them (no info probably means that were available almost immediately).

Stielgranate 41 was in production since February 1942.
3,7cm PzGr40 (APCR) was available since 1940.

Quote:
New question: Katyusha and sdkfz wurfrahmen: which of them was more accurate? And this accuracy difference was substantial?

German rockets were way more accurate than Russian RS.

Quote:
About their speed of fire (I ask about speed of the rounds: “reload chamber” in weapons.txt data): wurfgerat is set to 10 as in stalingrad mod, considering this fact which is a good value to use for katyusha (for now is set to 1: it's very fast)?
Another thing: also “time to fire” data it’s different: it’s 5 for wurfgerat and 1 for katyusha (again very fast): should I modify also here?

don't look at it there as neither NbW nor RS was used in Stal mod hence no data was made for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:42 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Dima, it' good that I can use Stielgranate 41.

About rocket launchers: yes, in the "edit section" of my previous post I had written about my mistake (both aren't in stalingrad mod, they are in Der Kessel). If you have a suggestion about how set weapon data reload chamber (for now is set to 1 for BM-13 and to 10 for wurgerat) and time of fire (for now is set to 1 for BM-13 and to 5 for wurgerat) I will change them (of course if give me this info means a long research and you prefer don't do it I totally understand).
Thanks again for all the info, now I can correct also katyusha accuracy.

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:48 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Quote:
About rocket launchers: yes, in the "edit section" of my previous post I had written about my mistake (both aren't in stalingrad mod, they are in Der Kessel). If you have a suggestion about how set weapon data reload chamber (for now is set to 1 for BM-13 and to 10 for wurgerat) and time of fire (for now is set to 1 for BM-13 and to 5 for wurgerat) I will change them (of course if give me this info means a long research and you prefer don't do it I totally understand).

If you ask me, I think make 0 for BM-13 and leave 10 for NbW for reload chamber and set about 2 times longer set to fire for NbW.
But I personally don;t think these were Close Combat weapons as their minimum ranges exceeded CC maps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

And yes, you can;t have faster reload time chamber than time to fire as it wont work Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Drizzt

Rep: 114.3
votes: 9


PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Questions about the timeline of Kharkov mod Reply with quote

Many thanks Dima: now I know that katyusha speed of fire it's substantially correct (1 or 0 / ten seconds). Ok for wurgerat.
About range: I'm sure you have reason, it's a concession to the game play that I can accept.

Drizzt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
 
Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page Previous  1, 2


 
   
 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum




Forums ©





In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited and
found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some of the great Close Combat
mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank all the members of our volunteer staff that have
helped over the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!