Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Drzzt,

PLEASE don't set it to 48, that is am thinking what the Sherman Calliope has in one of the BoB mods and it guarantee kills even a Jagd Panther 1st time fires that barrage and 5 minutes later is rearmed again with rockets. The loading times for Werfrahmen in various BOB mods (going from memory) varies with experience. As recall combat experience was around 1 per 30 minutes, to Experienced at seemed like 1 volley per 10-15 minutes if that helps, would have to open up the weapons data in some of the mods to check for sure.

Have not even used them in this campaign, the things are just too powerful in experience in BoB mods and the 12cm/R, or a pair of 8cm mortars are usually enough as support.

Schmal_Turm,

Yeah, That 3.7 will take out those armored cars and trucks all the way across a map with a clear LOS, they are amazing and fire/reload super fast. Give them a decent building, a leader close by and let 'em go, just don't order them to fire, they will pick up targets on their own.

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

to John silver: no, don't worry I don't want set it to 48, I have only reported the maximum value I have found. Now (as in both v 2.0 and v 2.1) is set to 16 and it will remain in this way (maybe I can set it to 14 that is the minimum, but for sure no more than 16).
The reload I think is good: only one shot-charge in 15 minutes, maybe two if you fire immediately in the first seconds. I understand and I agree with you that they are too powerful to be used extensively. The speed of fire that I have mentioned in my previous post it's the temporal distance of the 16 rounds (from each other) fired by one shot-charge.

Drizzt

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

The # of rounds for the Calliope in WAR is set at 60 and I can tell you this is way too much.

That is what Matrix set it to,Not me

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Nobody is blaming you for anything Michael. I remember you went as far as pulling the bloody werfrahmen out for the Axis one time. Giving the Allies 2-3 (forget exact number) might have been kind of a balancing way for the superior armor the Germans mostly had, but thanks for letting me know the exact amount was 60. I might turn that down some next time play your and TT's excellent campaign.

Have you gone through this one yet? it's been a royal blast going back on the Eastern front and with NICE 9-10 man infantry teams. The last patch (2.1) fixed some bugs and think Drzzt may be close on 2.2???

Drzzt,

Thanks for not allowing them multiple attacks also. i use "15 minute" scenarios in my game play. It's going to be fast & Dirty Wink

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

to John Silver: v.2.2 is basically the version that will be definitive for a long time after testing on v 2.1. To be honest  I have corrected only minor things even if they are many, especially about maps files. Also Panzerjager minen team correction will be in v 2.2 (thanks to you). In no more than two weeks I think to release it (all seems very stable). Data of v 2.2 will be also converted for CC5 version of the mod.
Of course I will continue to correct errors and minor issues if I will find any, but no more quick release will be available after the release of v 2.2.
You can consider v 2.1 like the "real" v 2.0 version: v 2.0 data was full of errors due to some "assembly mistakes", and I had also forgotten to insert my old data work (about data in v 2.0 not only T-26 was wrong, but also many other things).
Thanks again for testing the mod.

Drizzt

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thank you for the fine mod Drzzt.

So.. The HE will get changed for the Panzerjager teams. I guess the charge itself has been changed in weapons data. That is the only weapon that was changed. The minen? By that, I mean the only infantry weapon changed for AT. The grenade bundle was set correctly?

probably wasting your time and don't make a special post to answer this.. Will probably have opened the data before you post back here as still haven't looked at yours yet for this mod.

Oh... 1 more thing was going to ask.. The units with 3 man Spahr.. You think they need another man or 2? It's like.. They make contact.. Then die..

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

To John Silver: for panzerjager (minen) team I have corrected the tellermine ammo in soldier data: tellermine in weapons data it’s good, but ammo I had set in soldier data was wrong, and set the wrong type ammo often it’s like set no ammo (they had totally useless) because many weapons, in weapons data, are coded to use only some kinds of ammo.
I have also added heat ammo (always in soldier data) for the schiessbecher: now it’s good against tanks.
Granat bundle it’s perfect, I have checked it.
About spahtrupp team: yes, I know that it's weak, but I have think to it as an "offhanded" recon team that must not engage the enemy waiting other troops before attack. It’s a choice that I like: recon-PJ Bgs have already their strong recon team.

Drizzt

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:42 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:
I have also added heat ammo (always in soldier data) for the schiessbecher: now it’s good against tanks

schiessbechers were not really available in May 1942.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Dima, when you say "really" you mean that there were few of them, or that they were totally not available?
For them I have only found that they have been introduced in 1942.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
Dima, when you say "really" you mean that there were few of them, or that they were totally not available?
For them I have only found that they have been introduced in 1942.

yes, very few in numbers for both cups and grenades - the first use en masse was in Stalingrad.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Sorry Dima but I'm not sure what to do: you write "en masse" about Stalingrad, so again I ask to you if use few of them in kharkov is good or not.

Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote (View Post):
Sorry Dima but I'm not sure what to do: you write "en masse" about Stalingrad, so again I ask to you if use few of them in kharkov is good or not.

they were available in little numbers by May - not sure the frontline units had them though.
so it's up to you

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 am Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Excellent Dima: I will reduce them to 1 (from 2) for the panzegrenadiere and I will remove them from some of the teams in infantry divisions.

Drizzt

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

A small issue with a roof on the map Volchansk;

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting Tejszd, I have already corrected it for v 2.2 (I have spoken about it in page 2 of this thread).

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Sorry I missed it on page 2 Drizzt!

I have put a post in the Matrix TLD forum about your mod and forum here at Close Combat Series; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3466930

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

Thanks Tejszd, more testers are surely welcome.
Do you remember that recently (in another thread) we have spoken about the possibility to extract cc5.exe info for the TLD stratmap.txt file using BED9 tool? I don't have found this option (and nor a similar one): do you know how to do it with BED9 (as seems to me to have understood)?

Drizzt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

There is a few tools that can allow to get at CC5 data

1) Stratmap Munger = strat map data

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

2) RtBTool Extract From EXE = pulls CC5 uniform colors and support information

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Reply with quote

3) RtBTool Screen Patching = allows you to edit/view strat areas/data

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day -> Kharkov
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: