Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Are you going to add some new weapon sounds and menu music Dima?.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

The unit pictures are nice in the menus, but their hard to make out in-game.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 am Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Hi Dima
Just wondering if you're still working on this? or has it taken a back seat for now

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:57 am Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Hi Buuface,

It will be there this year.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

Which game are you making it for?

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

TLD

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:01 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Awwwwwwww...... Sad

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
TLD

YES!!!!  Very Happy

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Yes indeed,
Cause that means it will work on WAR.

Yea Baby!

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Hello Dima,
anything on Utah 2? Haven't heard anything about it since your post on the changes in the forcepool (a screenshot on a 17.SS BG too if I remember correctly too).
Would love to play this, I've always had something special for the Normandy battles  Laughing

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Hello Dima,
anything on Utah 2? Haven't heard anything about it since your post on the changes in the forcepool (a screenshot on a 17.SS BG too if I remember correctly too).
Would love to play this, I've always had something special for the Normandy battles  Laughing

Nikin and me are really busy with our real life and I kind of got bored with Normadny after BfC, so switched to Stalingrad...

but who knows Smile.

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

A shame to hear, but hey, It's your freetime to decide what to do with.
However, as you said, I can hope  Wink

Out of curiosity, how far has Utah 2 come?
Any chance to glean at the data for the remade american and german paratroopers teams?  Laughing
Could be quite usefull to someone, nudge, nudge, wink, wink  Wink

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, how far has Utah 2 come?
Any chance to glean at the data for the remade american and german paratroopers teams?  Laughing
Could be quite usefull to someone, nudge, nudge, wink, wink  Wink

there was a big difference between US Para teams in June and September, especially in terms of equipment, f.e. BAR was standartized by September while in Normandy it was not authorized but used by 82nd.

6.FJR had a different organization and equipment either. In Normandy the squad was based on 2 6men teams (IIRC): both with 1 leMG (which was anything from MG.13 to MG.42/FG.42) + 2 MP + 2 Kar. IIRC in Septmber they had 5 men teams (10men squads).

Gunsche

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Quote:
there was a big difference between US Para teams in June and September, especially in terms of equipment, f.e. BAR was standartized by September while in Normandy it was not authorized but used by 82nd.

Yupp, got it covered, even got in the panzerfäuste for the 82:nd. Am I right in that the 101st didn't jump with any BARs in Holland? I know the 82:nd developed a way to jump with BAR, but they didn't pass this technic on to the 101st?

Quote:
6.FJR had a different organization and equipment either. In Normandy the squad was based on 2 6men teams (IIRC): both with 1 leMG (which was anything from MG.13 to MG.42/FG.42) + 2 MP + 2 Kar. IIRC in Septmber they had 5 men teams (10men squads).

This I didn't have a clue about, need to do some more research on german squad organization  Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 am Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Quote:
Yupp, got it covered, even got in the panzerfäuste for the 82:nd. Am I right in that the 101st didn't jump with any BARs in Holland? I know the 82:nd developed a way to jump with BAR, but they didn't pass this technic on to the 101st?

IIRC in Normandy 82nd overran a stock of PzF near St.Mere-Eglise. Any account they jumped with PzF in Holland?
Doubt they jumped with BARs (as it was too heavy and cumbersome), most probably they were dropped in containers like M1919A4 and AFAIK both units used BARs during MG.

The standard squad for MG would have 12men with 1 M1919A4 + 2 M1C + 2 SMG (M3A1 was preffered over M1A1) + 7 M1R (2 of them with grenade launchers). BAR was unallocated weapon in weapon reserve so could be used in place of one of M1R. Some M1903A3 were used instead of M1R as well, mainly for rifle grenadiers or sharp shooters (a-la squad marksman rifle).
Also in August 1944 1 designated sniper (M1903A4) was authorized for each Para Platoon.

Quote:
This I didn't have a clue about, need to do some more research on german squad organization

you can check the german squad organizations in BfC Smile.
but basically:
Grenadiere - 9men (1 leMG + 1-2 SMG + 6-7 Kar (1 with SB)). Sniper rifles were very rare in squads as the production could never meant a demand for scopes, pretty same was for SMG thus 1-2 instead of 2 authorized.
PzGrenadiere: -
Typ43(gp) - 12men (2 leMG + 2 Pi + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 6 Kar (1 with SB)).
Typ43(mot) - 13men (2 leMG + 2Pi + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 7 Kar (1 with SB)).
Typ44(gp) - 10men (2 leMG + 1 SMG + 1 G41/K43 + 6 Kar (1 with SB)).
FJ - 10men (2 leMG + 2 SMG + 6 Kar (1 with SB)). FG.42 was in short supply and could be used either instead of Kar or leMG.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask as like someone has told "The information not shared is lost" Smile.

Gunsche

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Can't quote any sources atm, but remember reading that the 82:nd ABs' stock of fausts were mostly used up in the OMG campaign and later restocked from ammunition dumps in Nijmegen.
It can't be that hard to stuff in a faust or two in a drop container, right?

Besides, it's not like im giving every squad a faust. Only 4-6 squads/BG have one.

Quote:
The B.A.R. was an effective and devastating weapon and immediately after WW2, the 82nd and 11th Airborne Divisions incorporated them into their TO&Es and devised a method of jumping with them fully-assembled, and strapped alongside the parachutist's leg, muzzle down.

from http://www.101airborneww2.com/warstoriesintro.html

I guess thats where I got combat jumps with BAR from, so never mind  Wink

I'll PM if I have more questions, which I will undoubtly have later  Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Utah v2 is announced (once again) Reply with quote

Can't quote any sources atm, but remember reading that the 82:nd ABs' stock of fausts were mostly used up in the OMG campaign and later restocked from ammunition dumps in Nijmegen.
It can't be that hard to stuff in a faust or two in a drop container?

yes, should not be a problem if they have they were available Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Utah
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: