Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pluskat

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:10 pm Post subject: Map problem Reply with quote

I don't seem to be able to start the mod because I get an error message regarding the seraf2.txt file. Any ideas what I need to do?

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Try downloading that map separately.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Pluskat

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tippi-Simo. I downloaded and reinstalled everything. The mod seems to be working perfectly now.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:53 am Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Does anyone here have that Seraf2 file? I DL'd the Seraf file again which is available under another Stalingrad mod, but don't see the Seraf2 anywhere.. here or anyplace on the net and was wanting to try this particular Stalingrad mod.

Thanks,
JS

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Figured it out.. Here is answer for next person who wastes several hours searching the net..

Rename Serfa map files, after downloading the same serfa file map separately and place those into the Normandy MAP folder. PZjager says over at Moddb he changed that map, but it works fine with the campaign, or at least through day 1 it does.

I wasn't back in the CC community when this squabble went on, nor when this mod was developed, tho went over these posts here and imagine it's why this map file was changed by pzjager? To make it not work with SKDK mod and have to be a part of his "inner circle" and Moddb..

That pettiness (on all sides) is what tore this game apart years ago...

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Ok I had a look into this and found no problems. You guys sure your using the correct map pack?

SDKDK uses this map pack - http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/CC5/Mods/StalingradDerKessel-DieKampfgruppen/CC5_SDKDK_v1.0_mappack.zip

The SDKDK strategic map has 24 maps. I ran through each one and came across no errors. Each map loaded correctly. It sounds like you may of been using the SDK map pack, which is wrong.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

I have many CC5 mods installed, and maps copied to /Maps folder, it happens to me occasionally, some maps give error but pasting maps for mod fixes it...

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

DK (huge map file) for DK Mod and then the seperate SDKDK Mod (small 45mb map fix) + 165mb file map pack.

I dunno what is going on. Just posted here, as well as over at CSO what I ran into. I have settings on PC where nothing is hidden, nothing on PC is corrupted (that am aware of). This is the 1st mod (didn't happen with DK) where have had to rename any maps ever. Especially that one I named over at CSO site, below Kleskaia (seliv-Manoylin) yet I know it must be wonky, or I wouldn't be getting the error "Need xxxxx.txt..etc file and crash.

I thought about just uninstalling/reinstalling CC5 and starting aknew. Then? it's just been this one mod. If it keeps up after it, I will.

Edit:

As to what was posted above on amount of mods in plugins? I must have 15-20. Could THAT have anything to do with it acting up all of a sudden??

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 am Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

The install of SDKDK works fine for me.  I also tried all 24 maps from the strat map and individually.  I don not use the plugin, as such.  I extracted all the files into a stand-alone install for SDKDK.

Mooxe, I keep getting an error when trying to attach (upload) a file.

Last edited by tripwire on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 am Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Tripwire, click post reply for the full message editor. There will be options at the bottom to upload RAR files.

John.. I am not sure where this error is coming from. I can assure you that any mods put online at CCS are tested by me to ensure they work. I think you should uninstall CC5, delete the SSI folder, delete your Config Manager and start over from scratch.

Even if you have 15-20 mods installed I have never come across any mods with identical map names. There are some built in safe guards to the install/uninstall scripts to avoid writing over mods and deleting the wrong files.

Start fresh with SDKDK and see if it works, install more mods from there.

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:09 am Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,

I did have to uninstall it one time, go back to DK when figuring out which mad needed, since -0- clue it was that "seliv" map I mentioned above. Most had just been renumbering to"2" at the end and I am probably making it out to be more than it actually has been.. without going back and taking a close look.. I will say 4 renumbered maps, counting the one I had to rename.

Quote:
I think you should uninstall CC5, delete the SSI folder, delete your Config Manager and start over from scratch.

Yeah, was thinking that is probably best also. This is the 1st campaign and probably will get worse from here on if something is going bonkers in there.

Nothing against the DL's anyway Mooxe and not complaining at all. I'll always try to figure something/someway to get around a bug if I can before sharing the miseries elsewhere.

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 am Post subject: Re: Map problem Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Hi Mooxe,

I did have to uninstall it one time, go back to DK when figuring out which mad needed, since -0- clue it was that "seliv" map I mentioned above. Most had just been renumbering to"2" at the end and I am probably making it out to be more than it actually has been.. without going back and taking a close look.. I will say 4 renumbered maps, counting the one I had to rename.

Quote:
I think you should uninstall CC5, delete the SSI folder, delete your Config Manager and start over from scratch.

Yeah, was thinking that is probably best also. This is the 1st campaign and probably will get worse from here on if something is going bonkers in there.

Nothing against the DL's anyway Mooxe and not complaining at all. I'll always try to figure something/someway to get around a bug if I can before sharing the miseries elsewhere.

No problem... if you find bugs with the site or downloads please let me know. I'd like everyones experience with installing mods to be as easy as possible.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel -> Die Kampfgruppen

Jump to: