Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
caruso

Rep: 23.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I'm verry sorry to hear that but in the meantime, if u'll than decide to shut it down, i will thank you anyway for what this great site meant to me.

Not to mention the discover of ccmodding, and the h2h games, but trough here i met my actual best friend, which i personally met, and many great (sure not all, but the most hehe) people.

As an admin, you have even been always kind in case of need.

In these years, i haven't been always much active but it's always a pleasure to contribute. At the moment it's even the only community in which i contribute, from time to time.

Cheers and thanks for now,

Francesco Ryan.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:53 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

After 10 yrs, understand why you would want to call it quits. Thanks for all the work and support you've given the series and fans over the years.  It's made a big difference.

Hope someone else could manage this or an alternative site if it's time to retire.

slipper

Rep: 44.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I would be gutted to see it go to, but really understand why. I rarely post here, but use the site quite often to check up on what is happening. I don't get a lot of time to play any more but download all the new mods incase.

This site seems to have the most up to date info, i don't find a lot of people posting at Matrix, what other sites do people use for CC out of interest?

regards

slipper

and thanks mooxe for a great site mate.

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:44 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Hi all;

Been away for so long.

Congratulation to Mooxe to be able to keep time and energy on CCS.
It'snt a shame to loose feeling to keep the site alive.
It will be for sure a problem for many user of CCS to loose it.
But the problem coming from game dev that didnt offer us some really new engine game o keep the community stronger.
And after playing all those new CC i have to admit that CC was going to die anyway since some years.

I hope for the communty than someone will continue your work.
Because for CC gamer it's a must to keep it alive.

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Conrad

Rep: 14.8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:43 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

This is sad news, I was hoping to get some feedback on our work on TBF as I beleive interaction is vital to the succes for the next gen.

Anyway, thanks for all the work Mooxe. I must say I've seen many CC websites come and go like this let's hope someone else will pick it up for you.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

if no one is willing step into your shoes it would very sad...to lose this site...but that's life!

Tigercub

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Last edited by tigercub on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Conrad wrote (View Post):
This is sad news, I was hoping to get some feedback on our work on TBF as I beleive interaction is vital to the succes for the next gen.

This.

My hope is on a TBF-inspired CC revival. And to do that imho, you need to target a younger audience. Mooxe is moving on, and so have a lot of old players. Hell, the majority of people who watch my youtube channel are in their 40's and 50's (my dad's generation). Sadly, there's not enough younger people being attracted to the out-dated graphics, poor AI, and frustratingly buggy gameplay of the old-gen 2d games.

What we need is fresh blood, and a lot of it! So do everything you can to target people in their late teens and 20's Exclamation

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

If the next CC will be available for Ipads, what are the modding capabilities? Modding has increased the interest for the series That together with Ipad releases would probably be a good way to get attention from the younger generation.

Although I don't have an Ipad, or even the interest in getting one I think that the mod ability for Ipads will be crucial in keeping the interest that may be sparked by the release. Just as it has helped the pc CC community survive this long.

sickf1

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Hey Mooxe, It will be a bummer to see the site go, even though life has occured I still check the site every other day. that being said 10 years is a long time dedicated to keeping this going. hopefully someone may be able to take over. thanks for all of your efforts

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Ok, here's my video response. Bottom line: I don't think this site should close, at least not until maybe six months after the Bloody First has come out. And I think the community needs to stick together.

I also discuss the "next generation issue" which a lot of you old-timers seem to be worried about Rolling Eyes

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

OK,

I watched the video response. More than likely, no matter the format of the game (3d/2d), or the age of the players, Close Combat is going to be a niche game.

So, I am not sure what we are trying to protect or preserve here. Is it the domain, the community, the old downloads, our relationships with one another, or a special person that we realize has the capacity for a detailed task.

So, what is stopping anyone from putting up a CC fan site now? No matter what mooxe does or doesn't do?

Or is mooxe, just one of those special people that is going to succeed where the rest of us might fail?

Is there really any problem with having 2 CC fan sites? If not, then let's go, and stop worrying about it.

TheImperatorKnight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
OK,

I watched the video response. More than likely, no matter the format of the game (3d/2d) Close Combat is going to be a niche game.

Agreed. But the 3D might give us more players.

Quote:
So, I am not sure what we are trying to protect or preserve here. Is it the domain, the community, the old downloads, our relationships with one another, or a special person that we realize has the capacity for a detailed task.

I'd say all of the above. If I had to pick one, it would be the community.

Quote:
So, what is stopping anyone from putting up a CC fan site now? No matter what mooxe does or doesn't do?

Nothing, techically. But what's the point in closing one good site down just to make another?

Quote:
Or is mooxe, just one of those special people that is going to succeed where the rest of us might fail?

Mooxe has done a very good job with CCS over the last 10 years. Hell, I'd have gone insane having to put up with you lot for that length of time Wink

Quote:
Is there really any problem with having 2 CC fan sites? If not, then let's go, and stop worrying about it.

No, I guess not. However, CCS is well-known and well-established. What's the point of shutting one site down just to create another that serves the same purpose, especially when it would be like starting from the beginning (10 years ago) again?

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

That's the question. The answer is probably all of them. I listened to TIK's response as well. To answer a couple of his questions.. the site makes money from donations and Google Ads. That money goes directly to the bill of $59 per month, there's enough saved up for the next three months, and I'm 36 years old haha... I have not paid out of pocket any substantial amount for years now due to donations and ads.

If anyone wants to start another Close Combat site please feel free to use these forums to promote it. A new site can offer a different outlook, my outlook has been pretty bleak since Matrix and I never tried to hide it. You could focus on the new versions rather than all. There's better software out there to integrate social media commenting and videos. There's no shortage of do-dads to make a new site worthwhile and popular. CCS is what-you-see-is-what-you-get from here till the end! Have a look at CSO, he's toying with Joomla (www.closecombat.org/CSO), not sure what his plans are though.

Remember I have not decided to close CCS. I am contemplating it, the new releases will factor in my future decision.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

HeadClot

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:07 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I came here because of TheImperatorKnight's Video about the site shutting down. LINK

I love close combat I played it almost daily when I was about 15 on wards (I am currently 25 years old.)

I will agree with him that if done right that a 3D version of Close Combat will bring in more players. But only if people know about it not many of my friends know about close combat and they are "Hardcore" Strategy gamers.

If the Site shut down is in stone then I would highly recommend creating a profile for the Close Combat games on IndieDB. You can find IndieDB here. Which will allow people to post their tools, Mods, etc. for close combat onto the IndieDB site.

I really want to see this community live on.

Silverpen

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Mooxe,

I was not altogether surprised to hear that you are packing it in after 10 years at the helm of CCS. Frankly with all the recent negative chat  about CC
 series coming to an end it seems natural that this would eventually happen. I have always been an avid fan and player (SP) of CC ever since I
 bought my first game CCI back in 1996. While I am not a techie or a developer of mods I love the games and the CCS site which has really
 the mainstay to CC and its fans.

Well Mooxe you have been and still are the the one key player in keeping Close Combat alive through this site. I sincerely thank you for all the time
 and effort you devoted to CCS and us.
 Good luck to you.

Silverpen

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:24 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Quote:
Remember I have not decided to close CCS. I am contemplating it, the new releases will factor in my future decision.

CM was in the start a 3d version of CC you know and have seen a few shots of the new version of CM. I'm not so sure how matrix will play into that crowd just getting into it after all those years.

I hope it will play up with new users, but still wonder if it has a core crowd of gamers in the 40's-60's, as is the old clan I belonged to in CC years ago inwhich many play CM still.

As for this site disappearing? I'd really, really miss it, as posted earlier.. STWA's humor (sometimes intentional and sometimes not) seeing some get in a tissy at times and the knowledge of others posted here with your work.

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

HeadClot wrote (View Post):
If the Site shut down is in stone then I would highly recommend creating a profile for the Close Combat games on IndieDB. You can find IndieDB here. Which will allow people to post their tools, Mods, etc. for close combat onto the IndieDB site.

Thank for coming. Looks like IndieDB is ModDB. That would be a great spot to go. There's a few modders over there now. I just seen that Firefox ported Ebro to TLD. Looks like I made an account in 2008.... To make a "CCS" over there you'd have to make a dev group. You can put up downloads, have forums, post videos, news.... looks pretty good!

If theres anyone willing to take the lead on setting up a Close Combat dev group at ModDB I will help!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

HeadClot

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:14 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
HeadClot wrote (View Post):

Thank for coming. Looks like IndieDB is ModDB. That would be a great spot to go. There's a few modders over there now. I just seen that Firefox ported Ebro to TLD. Looks like I made an account in 2008.... To make a "CCS" over there you'd have to make a dev group. You can put up downloads, have forums, post videos, news.... looks pretty good!

If theres anyone willing to take the lead on setting up a Close Combat dev group at ModDB I will help!

I would be willing to take initiative on this. I am one of the regulars over on Moddb/Indiedb.
Personally I want to see closecombatseries.net live on one way or another. Under different leadership or the current leadership.

I am planning on having a 3D game engine developed for a game similar to Close Combat.
However I want it to be open source or at the very least very modifiable via an open toolset similar to Skyrim's Creation Kit (Just an Example on ease of use.)

But Meh - Just my ramblings.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Why to keep CCS alive will vary by person. Can a lot of the functionality be covered by another website? Probably. And maybe with the 3D version coming it might be the right time as my 2nd and 3rd points maybe won't matter anymore if everyone's moves to it....

If we stick with all the current CC versions then this is the site because;

1) the lack of change you mentioned MOOXE for some of us is a positive as there is not many sites where you can go away for a period of time then come back and feel right at home.

2) The collection of mods and tools for CC is the best anywhere.

3) The tips for mod makers or playing within the forums is the best anywhere.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:26 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Just reading my post again and want to add that if CCS keeps going and the 3D version is a hit there is no reason CCS can't be the goto site for it's players!

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: