Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Hey Platoon,

Have they still not fixed the elevation LOS errors in WaR................................... ?

Mate I make Quick fix guide for that.

See link:
How to fix elevation LOS

/Stalk

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Conrad

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Conrad wrote (View Post):
Currently there are about four artists (art/visual related) working on 'The Bloody First' including me.

Conrad, of those 4 who are “freelance artist”, how many full time employees do they equal, (40 hours work per  week).?

BTW: My new opend book store has 5 freelance empyees.

Ohh yeh, counting the egger volunteers who sort books into the shelfs, (mess it up) there’s at least 5 more "freelance"-ers. Thought, not counting my senile mother.. ...

Interesting that you have a book store!

Anyway I think there are about five fully employed participants envolved. Most game companies these days have freelance artists working for them (At least from my experience Smile )

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:02 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Good Work guys on "Bloody First", I hope outcome be nice.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

It’s so simple for the consumer mate.

We don’t really care how and where and who, and how many, as long as the products price / quality is satisfying.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but it seems almost anything goes by now...

Conrad, can I ask about the production of The Bloody First? Will if have the more zoomed in view as seen in PiTF or will it be the zoomed out view seen in for example TLD?

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Anyway I think there are about five fully employed participants envolved. Most game companies these days have freelance artists working for them (At least from my experience Smile )

Tell us more about your experiance, please.

Styer27

Rep: 19.2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Sad seeing this happen, but i agree with mooxe on this one. I think all of us have been hoping and wishing that the CC series would become what it should have been, but the years of waiting for it all to come together have produced nothing but dissapointments. In my opinion, the games are getting worse, we are going backwards.
Im not incredibly informed about it, and i only sceeted through the comments here, but i heard something about matrix games, and i shuddered, imo they are one of the WORST providers of wargames, and anything from them i steer clear of like a plague. Reasons? they seem to make you put hours and hours into micromanaging armies, only to have it all funneled down to a very basic and outdated combat system, making the hours for nothing. If the rumours are true, then shoot CC in the head before his infection spreads, end it on a good note.

It felt horrible when our CC2 page was closed, all those battles gone, tournaments and all. Like burning a large photo album, memories that cant be replaced, but thats life. Anyway nothing lasts forever, was good fun while it lasted.

Mooxe ill support any decision you make, though, id hate to think that i couldnt come here, or some place like it to chat and read stories, its like the pub for me, place to chill, but its up to you. Also, id like to personally thank you for all the support you gave me and the rest of the lads, memories of you appearing out of nowhere fast to solve a problem only to dissapear again made me think of you like a caped cyber crusader flying around helping people, i have a very warm spot for you mate, and hope everything is ok for you in life. Your a top bloke, thanks again for everything.

Conrad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

DoktorPaj wrote (View Post):
Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but it seems almost anything goes by now...

Conrad, can I ask about the production of The Bloody First? Will if have the more zoomed in view as seen in PiTF or will it be the zoomed out view seen in for example TLD?

Hi Doktor,

You will be able to control that yourself from what I've seen.

@Stalky

My experience with cc begins in 1996 with the demo of cc2. I never really used a solid nickname but I've been working allong on mods in the past.
Anything art/visual related experience would be the art academy in the Netherlands, I've studied both Graphic design and Illustration.

I'll have a website of my portfolio online pretty soon, i'll forward a pm to you when it's online!

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

It must be my English that sux, I sort of read your post as you where talking about your experiance as a freelance artists working for game Companys.

Most game companies these days have freelance artists working for them (At least from my experience Smile )

Conrad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

It must be my English that sux, I sort of read your post as you where talking about your experiance as a freelance artists working for game Companys.

Most game companies these days have freelance artists working for them (At least from my experience Smile )

It probably does, you'll get a better picture of me when I'm done with my portfolio. I have worked for other companies in the past which where related to gaming.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

It probably does, you'll get a better picture of me when I'm done with my portfolio. I have worked for other companies in the past which where related to gaming.

That was what I asked for. What have you done for which Company and in which games, please.

Conrad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:18 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

That was what I asked for. What have you done for which Company and in which games, please.

The last project besides 'Gateway to Caen' was a game called 'Verdun' where I provided textures and slight art direction. The company is called M2H. There's also a company called Grendel which specializes in virtual surgery which I supported with texturizing and shading.

I really hope to spread out to movie and documentary production. The past two years I've been concentrating on the gaming market. But my main profession is Graphic design/Illustration, let me know if you'd like to know more about that aspect.

You'll get a clear picture of me when my portfolio is online.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Thank you, and good luck with future Projects.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:01 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Styer27 wrote (View Post):
Sad seeing this happen, but i agree with mooxe on this one. I think all of us have been hoping and wishing that the CC series would become what it should have been, but the years of waiting for it all to come together have produced nothing but dissapointments. In my opinion, the games are getting worse, we are going backwards.
Im not incredibly informed about it, and i only sceeted through the comments here, but i heard something about matrix games, and i shuddered, imo they are one of the WORST providers of wargames, and anything from them i steer clear of like a plague. Reasons? they seem to make you put hours and hours into micromanaging armies, only to have it all funneled down to a very basic and outdated combat system, making the hours for nothing. If the rumours are true, then shoot CC in the head before his infection spreads, end it on a good note.

Exactly you are right on the money.  The owners / executives at Matrix Games have to do some reflection on why they don't have any real budget $ to make CC what it should have become.  Just like you said, CC has actually become worse ironically.  CC2 was by far the most successful with over 1 million copies sold and the only version made available for both Mac and Windows.  Now over 10 years later the game has eroded steadily getting worse.  Matrix has to ask themselves why their sales have been dreadful.

I am willing to wager if we looked at the books for Matrix, they are probably barely making a profit.  No wonder they have no budget and still owe staff back pay.  But they have a unique niche market that should easily have the potential to draw a million sales again...but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

I just wish Atomic Games didn't get out of the business and Keith kept it going.  Those guys were the real geniuses and talent of CC.  It's not about eye candy and cutesy graphics.  If Matrix flops again they should just sell the rights.  I doubt they even were able to salvage much of code from Atomic and even if they did wouldn't have any idea how to modify it.  Matrix just doesn't have the appetite to fix the game and they simply just don't even have the financial capacity to do so.  It is a business model built for failure.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

The diversity of opinion at this site never ceases to amaze me.

I purchased CCMT in 2009, and before it probably CC4/CC5 around 2000.

I must admit that over a 9 year period, there really wasn't substantial change in the products.

But, I must also say, that CCMT was hands down a better system, with more features, and more opportunities for fun. CCMT may turn out to be my last CC game, because nothing will ever surpass it.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I don't play any of the other Matrix game.
Judging by what I have looked at,they all apear to be turned based games.
Not my cup of tea.

As for Matrix and how they've handled CC.

They totally dropped the ball. - the one thing they did do right.
They moved a LOT of stuff to .txt format for editing.That was a great idea.

1st,Their was NO NEED to make a new game for each CC.
COI/CCIII,WaR/CCIV,tLD/CCV and LSA/CC2

One CORE Engine then what  they should have done was just sold add-on's.
Instead each time we got a CRAP LOAD of bugs with WaR and they just kept moving to the next game.

2nd,They never once put the things in that everyone wanted.
Digging in,Yes it's slow as crap on CCM but if they fixed that it would have been used a LOT.
Troops in Vehicles.
Towing Guns.
2 vs 2 for Online play,maybe they didn't have to go as high as what CCM is.
But 2vs2 would/could have had HUGE implications to boosting online play.
Correcting the Freaking simple ASS box one has to fight out of when entering a map.
A Scenario Editor like CCM.
If your gonna make BIG maps then increase the slots available.

I'm sure their was a few other things but you get my point.

They couldn't give you/me/us the most simple,basic things people wanted.
Things that were in RTB and CCM.

How the heck do you expect them to do The Bloody First properly?
We already know it has no strategic map (They said so)
We already know it cant be modded to have snow (They said so)

They've already shown you time and time again that their more than willing to move on from whats being sold,to what they think will sell next.

GL to you all when this site closes down.

See you on the other side.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:40 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

I am ready for the site to close down as well.

But I want people to know, that I do hope that I run into you guys from time to time, because I will always remember this site as a source of happiness.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 am Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't play any of the other Matrix game.
Judging by what I have looked at,they all apear to be turned based games.

Do you not like, or not care for PG2 then? Maybe PEG-WW2 being turn based games? Reason I ask, is Panzer Corps by Matrix is a decent blend of later engine Peoples General (ww2 conversion) and PG2, with better graphics and some more options and is WELL supported by modders and seems to be by Matrix themselves with add ons.

Yeah.. I bought it, played it a bit, then put it back on the shelf for when am back in the mood for a good turn based game, as have always enjoyed PeG-WW2, but it is better in many ways.. Not trying to push sales and has many mods, like WW1 etc..

Quote:
I am ready for the site to close down as well.

But I want people to know, that I do hope that I run into you guys from time to time, because I will always remember this site as a source of happiness.

Sounds like you need to create a page somewhere.. Moddb is calling ur name bro...

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:29 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input. A few are for closing, many wait and see and some indifferent. I am sticking with wait and see.

I have turned on Google Analytics again. These stats will show the most accurate details on how the site is being used and how many visitors come and go. If you'd like to see the Google stats just PM me with your GMail address and I will add you to the list of those who can view them.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Was 10 years enough? Reply with quote

Will reassess in August if its worth continuing CCS.

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: