Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Heimdude

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:30 pm Post subject: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Which is the most difficult mod for CC5 out there? I need a challenge

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Well, if you are playing vs the AI a couple of good ones that I have been playing lately:

Stalingrad Der Kessel vs Russians
GJS with Allied vetmod vs Germans (Operation Jupiter  Wink )
GJS with Allied vetmod vs Germans (Campaign +14 is my favorite)

That will get you going.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Heimdude

Rep: 0.9

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Thanks, will try those. Giving battle of Berlin a go now.

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Heimdude wrote (View Post):
Thanks, will try those. Giving battle of Berlin a go now.

I sure love those maps Cool . The only problem with that one is the AI is so terrible.

GJS OP Jupiter with the vetmod is plain nasty for the British.

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:59 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

This never happened before... was playing ABTF mod for CC5 as Allies.

Attacking at Veghel North I had wiped out all but a gun crew to a .88 and some kind of DEMO Team that was sitting back like a mortar team... I didn't know it was a Demo Team during the battle. I still had a couple of full Rifle Teams, a Recon Team, 2 Zook Teams, a Mortar Team, 2 partial Bar Teams and 2 Partial Platoon Leader Teams. I was going for the last 2 VS near the Demo Team to end the game or destroy them. Before I got near them, massive explosions wiped out the grouped Rifle Teams and Zook Teams... I thought it was an Air attack at first.

Oh well, move in for the kill... I get near the VLs and more massive explosions wiped out most of my remaining men. Holy Cow.

I still had a PL and the mortar crew and rushed them up only for time to run out. Still Germans held the 2 last VLs. All they will have left next battle is 2 Flamer Teams, that Gun Crew and the Demon Demo Team. That is it. I still have enough for fill slots for 2 or more battles.

I looked at the Demo Team... they killed 30 guys in one battle!!!! They must have been throwing dynamite, shooting it out mortar tubes and everything else they had. I couldn't believe it.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:28 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Did you ever play SDKDK DGFred? Saw further above you listed it as a hard mod. I finally went down to an inglorious defeat in it and it's even harder than DK IMHO. Worse Axis units, fewer maps to maneuver around in, powerful Russians.. A recipe for disaster.

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

What about Tali Ihantala mod with the best maps out there and hardly any LOS  and big fuck off Russian tanks.
gets my vote anytime.

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 am Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Yes have played SDKDK... and it is hard. Maps are kind of depressing tho to me.

Have not played Tali Ihantala. I love nice maps  Cool .

caruso

Rep: 23.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Battle of berlin with salexe's vetmod  Wink (sure, if u like to play germans vs russians AI)

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

caruso wrote (View Post):
Battle of berlin with salexe's vetmod  Wink (sure, if u like to play germans vs russians AI)

I don't understand Caruso. Is it easier as the Russians or something?

Forgot all about this mod, as started out playing it as Germans vs Russian AI and got CRUSHED early on, with out the Vetmod. LOL. Doubt it would have mattered it kept on, but will restart it if any reinforcements do come other than "Beerchaser" (forget his German name) arrive.

Thanks for the reminder of the mod though.

JS

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

caruso

Rep: 23.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

Hi,

Yup. Properly meant to play as germans  Wink

Hehe. Who or what you wouldn't like to arrive?

You're wellcome  Smile

cheers

P.S. If you'll start again and need some tips just ask!

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Most difficult mod? Reply with quote

I just started slogging in the 'burbs of Berlin again Caruso. Was looking for a nice mod for War/TLD to play after several several with CC5 in a row.

Thanks again for the reminder of this one, though after recently getting kicked in the pants in SDKDK, might be 2 in a row with Berlin  Crying or Very sad

JS

Edit:

Quote:
Hehe. Who or what you wouldn't like to arrive?

A fella' can dream can't he? HAHA.. Yeah.. There were no reinforcements, but for.. Yeah, I forgot his German name (beerchaser).. He had KT and all sorts of brand new weaponry right out of the factories.

Imagine that is him see with the Mark 6's about to arrive at the front. Hope they have some "Meat". Not going to look any further and just hope... Rolling Eyes

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: