Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pt11070

Rep: 15.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:08 pm Post subject: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

I have found some sources for units in the area but not very detailed. How does one go about finding specific details. If you can list websites or books that go into little more details I would really appreciate.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

You can probably start here.

http://search.usa.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate=cmh&query=anzio&commit=Search

Pete gave me the link to this website last year in his notes about the Rhineland

Cheers

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:59 am Post subject: Re: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

I didn't read it all but the Word document attached looks promising.
If I find anything else I'll just keep updating this post.
Keeps things nice and neat,easy to find.

Fun Anzio Web Game

Small Info

Center for Military History

Anzio Timeline

German Order of Battle: Anzio

Allied Order of Battle : Anzio

Anzio Order of Battle.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Anzio Order of Battle.zip
 Filesize:  128.08 KB
 Downloaded:  380 Time(s)

caruso

Rep: 23.1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

Good evening gents,

I would add some missing parts (if i'm not wrong) to the german order of battle and infos provided on the site linked:

To the First Parachute Corps:

Battalion: Barbarigo from "Decima Flottiglia MAS" (R.S.I. Marines)

Battalions: Folgore, Azzurro, Nembo "Parachute Regiment Folgore" (R.S.I Parachutists)

Not to mention the minor RSI units which honourably took part.

About the italian Waffen SS:

The site call them "29ª Waffen-Grenadier Division der SS" but they took that name just on March 1945. During the Anzio days they were called "Sturmbrigade der Italienische Freiwilligen Legionen" (still a brigade).
They fought in Anzio, with real strenght (for example one battalion, the "Vendetta" could keep a front of 4KM for 70 days) as recognized by Himmler itslef (which after the battle gave the "Vendetta" the status of full Waffen SS members), composed by two battallions (i'm not sure under which corp but can research further. I was just too lazy  Razz ):

Battalions: 1st Bn./Italian SS Legion "Vendetta", SS Fusilier Bn. 29 "Debica".

Cheers

P.S. R.S.I. = Italian Social Republic

P.S.2 If somebody is interested i can provide an interesting Ebook on the italian Waffen SS.

Gunsche

Rep: 18.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

If you need to find information about the german forces (troop strenght, guns/vheciles available) I can reccomend using the search engine on:
http://forum.axishistory.com/
OR
http://www.feldgrau.net/
They deal with the axis aspect of WW2 but axishistory also have a small allied subforum on the board.
If you don't find what you need you can always sign up and post questions in the apropiate forums.

A stupid gigant working on INSIS: 'It Never Snows In September' a mod for LSA. Check my forum thread for details : http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10178

pt11070

Rep: 15.6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: Order of battle Anzio Reply with quote

Gunsche wrote (View Post):

http://www.feldgrau.net/

That's the one I was looking for. I got tons of info for Ortona on that site. There was this creepy guy who knew every outfit strength and equipment for every day. He kept answering my questions, but then I asked him to officially help he got so offended. Still trying to figure it out why.

I found a lot of data for Ferdinands and Panthers being deployed in the area. But like everything in Italy it all came down to infantry and artillery support.

Numerous mentioning of Goliath and it's bigger brother. But they were disappointing.

The thing with mods is: you can make them historical and have only equipment that was actually used, or historical but make all the equipment that was assigned available even though it was not used or was not successful and let the player decide.
Pt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: