Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Piper_1

Rep: 19.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:59 pm Post subject: Pretty good job Reply with quote

I've been away for a while, but I couldn't resist PiTF, I like it, I like the confusion of not being able to see the whole map, and making the strat map crucial to the tactical maps is fantastic, I'm happy after a morning play testing. A big well done from me.........

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Ditto...PitF is not as bad as I thought it might be.  I had an ace Panther hiding in tree-line wasting numerous AI tanks...then the AI regrouped and hunted me down and finally took out my Panther.  Not bad for AI.

Piper_1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

I'm really impressed, the one thing I've spotted is troop survivability, the game talks about tracking the experience of your troops through out the entire game, but......they don't last long. I do like the ability of mortars to zero in, a very supportive action.

Two days in and i'm still very happy.

PS....PiTF has the best looking strat map by far........... A very happy Piper out   Very Happy

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Yes, Yes ...

But by "troop survivability", I suppose you are not refering to the survivability of enemy troops.  Question

I wonder how well they are surviving in your games.  Laughing

Piper_1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

I am pleased to report a small group of troops fresh with their new shiny Iron crosses......... Very Happy

the more I play the more I like this game. I just want to say a big thank you to the whole CC community for keeping this series alive,and a big thank you to Mooxe and troop for keeping the web site running.......

Mooxe if I don't have paypal how can I donate?.........piper

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

There is no other way Piper.

Last edited by mooxe on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Panthers isn't as bad as some think  Smile

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Panthers in the Fog without edit is a good close combat but personally it is the worse CC for be edited, it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Quote:
it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

It's the most different to get used to for sure. You can throw away a lot of what one used to do in earlier versions with the newer PiTF. MG's pick up targets and will gun infantry down. Mortars will blast anything to bits.. Literally.. Pathing of vehicles is "better", it's not perfect, but it is a bit better.

It's not a game dominated by armor, as was most of the older titles, but mortars, MG's.. AT guns will hit and kill early..

What it could use Nomada? One of your super nice mods.  Smile

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:
it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

What it could use Nomada? One of your super nice mods.  Smile

I start to think that this game can not be modded friendly.......and a CC without mods is a shit.

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

.and a CC without mods is a shit.

I feel the same way. Smile

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Almost done with the Grand Campaign playing as Krauts.  The Strategic map and AI movement has been the achilles heel playing against the AI.  The AI gets themselves cut-off and surrounded repeatedly on the strategic map.  Even playing conservatively I keep encircling the AI forces.  As usual the only thing the AI can do is outnumber me with more resources but the numerical advantages are made useless when they keep getting cut-off and running out of supplies.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

I still prefer W.A.R. over PITF

Honestly these games make you read a books about the campaigns like operation Luttich as it seems you will gain the upper hand doing it, no bull.

The maps are downright beautiful, PITF doesn't allow you a quick clean battle because the maps are massive and so are the hiding places. The maps are great for campaigns though.
The strat map I though has too much going on it it seems but the stat map strikes are pretty awesome
It's just not really that fun playing as allies with the constant "bailing out" messages against the panther A tanks and vet mark IVs  Rolling Eyes
It requires the realization that the allied vehicles just CAN NOT go head to head with the panthers, or get anything done head on with most of the axis armor, without ambushing near a building or trees until a panther rolls by to attack the sides.

This game requires a different style of of fighting, but I'm still working on my tactics for this as it is way different style of play than other cc series when you look into it.
I have found that most of the time I can only win defending areas in ambush. In offense going down a long road from a tiny corner of the map, forget it.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

I was somewhat surprised to find a number of good reports at this tread on PiTF. I had gotten used to hearing the critiques about all the problems with this game. I haven't played it for sometime so I was kinda anxious to get back to it. I was really impressed with the beautiful maps (I like large maps anyway) and I believe my German units were more likely to take matters into their own hands, so to speak, instead of waiting for my every command, such as shooting at the ememy units. I even had a soldier sneak in a ravine and even though I never directed it it entered into a building for a VL. Maybe it was doing it to have some protection, but it moved on it's own anyway. Now I am not happy to find in some of these games that a German tank moved on its own and got destroyed as a result so I am somewhat loathe to have any movement take place that I didn't direct. I have had many times where a unit I had directed to move was utterly wasted because I forgot about it and it kept moving into the line of fire. It seems to me that when an infantry unit is taking so much fire from high explosive rounds that it should move out of the line of fire. But being good little soldiers I guess they just keep letting themselves get hit until they are ineffective or are totally wiped out. Don't really believe real soldiers would stick around that long.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Last edited by Schmal_Turm on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:25 am Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
It's not a game dominated by armor, as was most of the older titles, but mortars, MG's.. AT guns will hit and kill early..

I have played a lot of single player games since I got PiTF. Because the map are big, I use FORCE MORALE.

In so doing, I never even mouse over the infantry teams. They are simply not necessary.

qwaqwe

Rep: 36.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: Pretty good job Reply with quote

Nice game, but

- Teams are small
- Maps are huge
- Too much victory points.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: