Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/21/the-flare-path-close-combats-mundanity/

Some information on Gateway to Caen and Bloody First. Most of what was said is repeated in Steve's various posts at Matrix. He does say how far into The Bloody First he is though. Jim Martin (JimRM2) is on art.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:53 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

They are still aiming to  a 2014 release but have not even shown a screenshot yet...
Anyway, flare path is always a nice reading.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

They don't even have the AI yet.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:56 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

So its about as good as the current AI then...

Conrad

Rep: 14.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:54 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

So its about as good as the current AI then...

Most of the information is already outdated, Currently I'm working with Cathartes and Manu on the 'Bloody First' maps and Jim Martin is working on some 3D assets.

The AI cannot be compared to the previous titles since the latest engine uses a different system. It's probably a little early to tell how it behaves since the game is under development.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

He in lies the problem I have.......................Again.

Matrix has bugs in the already current re-released games.
And unless they consider them "Show Stoppers" get little or no attention.

And yet once again they just keep moving on to something else.

Worst part about it is,I think its fairly safe to say that very few people are playing the re-released games.
So one day.......many many Moons from now.
Some bug is gonna pop up that no one has ever seen/found.

And poof,we'll be stuck with it forever.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

When you use an engine already created, like Unity 3D... which is what I guess Bloody First is using... What exactly is in the engine that you get for a new game? I am assuming the framework to use the graphics only, and you have to make your own AI from scratch?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:40 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

When I looked at the Unity web site I kinda gathered that same theory you mentioned.

It does look to appear that making graphics with that engine is easier to do according to what the site says.
Also says that making sprites is easier and faster.
Could we finally be getting an upgrade to this aspect of the game?
If so I don't envy the task that guy has.

I don't really have a lot of interest in researching this new engine but it looks like Blitzkrieg 3 is using that engine and visually looks very impressive.

Even when the game is released I'm taking at least a year of wait and see approach.
I'll play a demo if it has one but I cant buy it,the past history of re-released games leaves me with no faith in them.
And personally I like the strategic Map aspect which this game will not have.

Conrad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
When you use an engine already created, like Unity 3D... which is what I guess Bloody First is using... What exactly is in the engine that you get for a new game? I am assuming the framework to use the graphics only, and you have to make your own AI from scratch?

Those are questions for Steve McLair, I cannot get in great detail. My current job is to paint maps.

I would absolutely advise to post feedback on the 'Bloody First' forum on the Matrixgames website. The people that decide the course definitely take strong arguments and feedback in account.
When there's enough feedback provided by the community it can serve as evidence, thus decide the course of the game.

For example 'TheImperialknight' a.k.a. TIK has a very effective way to draw attention with his youtube channel, which definately helped to make the developers think twice.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

Conrad wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Those are questions for Steve McLair, I cannot get in great detail. My current job is to paint maps.

I would absolutely advise to post feedback on the 'Bloody First' forum on the Matrixgames website. The people that decide the course definitely take strong arguments and feedback in account.
When there's enough feedback provided by the community it can serve as evidence, thus decide the course of the game.

For example 'TheImperialknight' a.k.a. TIK has a very effective way to draw attention with his youtube channel, which definately helped to make the developers think twice.

How do you post "Feedback" for a game that hasn't been released or has had any type inclination as to how its gonna look or actually play?

And why the song and dance on trying to figure out what TIK said that influenced the game.   Why not tell us exactly what it is he said/mentioned that made you change something.

Don't tell me that what you ALREADY have isn't set in stone and your looking for improvements NOW!
Because that isn't the truth
You have what you have,the game your working on/Beta testing is the game your gonna release.
Don't bullshit us on thinking we have input on what its gonna be like.
I asked for snow.
I asked for a strategic map.

The answers were NOT this time.

And worst yet is that if you have to ask means you sure as hell didn't listen when people complained about what you currently released.

The list of what people would like to see has been posted for YEARS!....YEARS.
And those people have been die-hard fans.......you know the ones still posting/playing.

If they sent you to ask only confirms my darkest fears......................

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

Hey Conrad,

I hope you are stronger then those before you.

Because those before you...............

No longer come here.

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

Hello Conrad.
Can you offer some insight on the painting map --> game pipeline you are using?
Its one big base terrain texture painting or are the various types of terrain painted in different layers -> export the various sprites as PNG and put it together in the Unity Editor... or

Hope you can find the time to drop by.

Conrad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:23 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

TTorpedo wrote (View Post):
Hello Conrad.
Can you offer some insight on the painting map --> game pipeline you are using?
Its one big base terrain texture painting or are the various types of terrain painted in different layers -> export the various sprites as PNG and put it together in the Unity Editor... or

Hope you can find the time to drop by.

Hi Torpedo,

The game editor exports and imports BMP files, so there's no quality loss. You're able to paint with provided textures inside of the editor, the positive side is that there's no coding required since it's already implemented in the textures.

Currently my work method is to paint the maps in photoshop based on the image drawn in the editor. Hand painted images stil seem to work the best as it seems more natural :-)

I hope this answers your question

TTorpedo

Rep: 23.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:58 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

Thanks,
So the map is built like a level in the editor an only after hand painted.  This way you can even test the map before finishing the details as it is already game-ready, cool.
Would this editor/ tool be released with the game,  maybe as a plug-in for unity free.. modding --> making maps Smile

Conrad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:39 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

TTorpedo wrote (View Post):
Thanks,
So the map is built like a level in the editor an only after hand painted.  This way you can even test the map before finishing the details as it is already game-ready, cool.
Would this editor/ tool be released with the game,  maybe as a plug-in for unity free.. modding --> making maps Smile

First you can create the map in the editor and then you can create your own custom overlay if you want. From what I understand from Steve; is that the editor is going to be inside of the game, it's going to be mod friendly as the previous versions of cc.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 am Post subject: Re: Rock Paper Shotgun Reply with quote

I do not understand because you are writting about Bloody First in the Road to Caen section, people can be confuse.

About several opinions, people is too hard. The strategic map was added in CCIV after 3 games without it. Now, nobody can make a new game with a new engine at very few time and with all the additions from the world.

If Bloody First adds a complete map editor where we can paint and code at sametime new maps, it would be the best addition from the discover of the wheel.

Now just I´m worried about if we will be able to add new models to the game or replace the game models. I have read about textures, data and maps, nothing about models. I´m not worried about if they are 3D and they need a special tool, I want know if it will be possible.

Please people saying, it is a 3D game and we do not know nothing about edit 3D games, stay away, when a new game is release and it can be modded, nobody know nothing and we must learn it from the begining but there is not reason for be negative because at least, you have a chance, when you can not edit a byte, you have not chances.Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: