Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
I still need to mod a few strat patches that are not quite correct. For instance CCA 10 is CCA 2. Should be an easy fix. And there are a handful of others. I will just get around to those in time.

But this error I am not sure what to do, so maybe someone can advise. It seems there are some xtra AT Car entries in Peipers group?  Arrow

Anyway, it all was worth it. So far fixes didn't take any time at all, and it plays and looks alot better than reg CC4.  Exclamation

I am not at all familiar with CC4 editing, but if it employs the same system as CC5 you can either remove the last line of "AT Car" from the fpools.adb for that battlegroup, or edit the file "battlegroupscreen" in "CCImages.pix" so that the team selection menu has one more slot. Since CC4 uses quite a bit of teams per battlegroup there is a good risk that other battlegroups have too many teams for the WAR battlegroup screen.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Thanks Dok!

Thanks for the good advice. What is really funny is the battlegroups are locked anyway. I can't figure out if there is a way to unlock em either. I really didn't think I would mess with WaR or CC4 Classic. I just wanted to use the maps.

It brings back some memories, about the German tanks rippin everyone a new one.  Laughing

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:40 am Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Another screen needed the black background for the strategic movement gadgets.

Using black in the title or text spaces in the top of the screens is very different. Probably means they just didn't finish a few things. Question  Arrow

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:06 am Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):

But this error I am not sure what to do, so maybe someone can advise. It seems there are some xtra AT Car entries in Peipers group?

So it looks like I've lost track of what your editing.
Is this Original CCIV,the re-released or Classic CCIV that came with WAR or WAR itself?

You have several options to fix the AT Car error your seeing.
1) Edit all the fpools so that there are only 20 teams.
2) Use the image SEPOPUP_000 inside the ScrnGadg from Stock Mod for WAR,I increased that image so it has 25 slots,the Max that WAR can have in the fpools.
3) If you use option 2 you will then have to use the RTB Tool to relocate the Commander Pic and most likely have to resize it.

To unlock the Force Pools for WAR and the classic CCIV (Within) WAR go to your Data/Base/Campaign.txt file and change the setting for fixed fpools.
For the Original CCIV this is not possible.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 am Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Thanks,

I am editing the CC4 Classic that came with WaR. Seems some of the screens needed a few touch ups. No big deal. I am using the War Main Screen with CC4 Classic. It works better with the gadgets, and CC4 Classic has a splash screen that tells you its CC4 (i.e. not WaR)

Yippie,

CC4 Classic is now unlocked. So now I can have a few games that don't seem like an arcade.  Laughing

BTW, I let Reg CC4 and CC5 go. They don't support the smaller soldier sets, and that was the final straw for me.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:32 am Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

If it can be done I'd say the biggest change for Stock Mod was the addition of the Base Cost for Battle groups in a GC.

You can have a look at the campaign.txt file within Stock Mod and see what I mean.
If you fight your troops every turn they become fatigued.
You will have to add some graphics but they are all in Stock Mod.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Ya,

That kind of fatigue sounds like a good idea. I will take a look this weekend if I can.

BTW, it looks like you are pasting mooxe in the campaign.

Thanks again.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

I'd have to disagree with that.
Mooxe has cost me two BG's to Total American Victory's.
The only times I've spanked him so far has been when he little or no Anti Tank combatants.

He's done a great job with his Bazooka teams as well.Costing me to lose Many Tanks.
I'm actually worried what its going to be like when he gets to go on the Offensive.

I'd say too many years playing WAR and atleast 10+ years of me not playing H2H is probably leaving him with the Theory of........ "Is this all hes got"?

I do hope I still have a few tactics up my sleeve to atleast get a Minor Victory.We shall see.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

I am amazed at how deadly the Zooks are... I had forgotten. Also just about any hit on armor seems to at least immobilize or damage the target. Without the infantry in front because of losses or ambush they get zapped easy.

Mooxe is an excellent defender and keeps his troops grouped well IMO. Ambush master  Cool

Enjoying the battles immensely. Thanks again.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Now that I have got the most visible buggies fixed. I thought I would add in Yuma's Woodsie Maps.

These maps will be added as a seperate mod for WaR. This way I preserve the original CC4 Classic mod, and I add the CC4 Classic - Woodsie Maps mod.

So WaR now supports 150 Battle of the Bulge Maps. 64 from WaR and 43 CC4 maps, and 43 CC4 woodsie maps.  Exclamation  Idea

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

I did notice another graphics error in the screenie of La Gleize above.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

It is unacceptable that the game developers routinely provide overview maps and mini maps that suck big time.

It only takes a few seconds to make them.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Woodsie maps usually prevent all hell from breaking loose immediately after you hit BEGIN.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Here is CC4C Baraque de Fraiture (Woodsie).  Wink

Its been expanded to 20x12 and is a tough map.  Arrow

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:34 pm Post subject: Re: CC4 Bulge Action Reply with quote

Setting up Yuma's woodsie maps is pretty easy.

1. Make of copy of the CC4 Classic folder, and rename it CC4X Classic.

2. Select choice maps from Yuma's collection and copy them into the Map folder within the CC4X Classic folder. Do not copy the btd files.

3. If any of the new woodise maps have been expanded (made larger than the original CC4 map), then use BTDedit to modify the locations of the Exit VLs if necessary.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: