Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:08 am Post subject: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Hi, I would like start this tread for speak about the new game but just mostly about the true information about the game, I feel how there are many real information about it but it is not joined at one single thread around the world.

Now these are the questions and the answers which we know by the moment:

-What is CC Bloody First? it is a new Close Combat game developed at 3D with the Unity3D engine. Unity3D is a game engine used at many proyects and at many games which you can see around the world, you can find here more information about it. http://unity3d.com/pages/what-is-unity?gclid=CMqyhdf2yL0CFanjwgodSZoAsQ

Unity3D runs probably at all the O.S that we know. From Android to Windows and Apple. Even if it is a 3D engine, it can be used with 2D and with many type of games. It has free tools but by the moment, we do not know if we will use them for edit the new CC.

-How will it look? Ultimate General is probaby the best example by the moment from a strategy tactical game at unity3D http://www.ultimategeneral.com/ , if the new CC looks similar to this, it would be great.

But there will not be a strategic map / battlegroup system as in previous releases, so sharing teams between BGs isn't really applicable. We do not know if it will remember to the old CC3 or the CC2 but we know how the game will be set in the US 1st Division who fought through Tunisia, Sicily and Normandy. There will be 3 campaigns. Steve McClaire told how the campaign may have what  calls, `triggers` and `decision points. Looking this, probably it will not be so lineal than CC3 campaign and probably you will be able re-route the direcction from your forces.

At words from creators, CC players will not have problems playing the game because it is similar to other CC. Other words from them tell us how even if it is a 3D game, it does not need the latest computer and it has a perspective view from the top as other CC.

You will be able rename your teams.

At this version there will not be snow maps.

There will be a destructible environment, not at 100% but similar to CC games or better.

AI and other features are new at 100%.

-Will it be moddable? We know how texture graphics, data and sounds will be able edited. There will be a scenario editor with a map editor integrated. If it is a map editor, probably we will be able to make new maps at 100% and easier than at other CC games. The data will be similar as at other CC games. We do not know if we will be able replace or edit the 3D models but it would be great if we can.

With the map editor we can edit the maps from the game, change dimensions and more. Probably will be the best.

-Multiplayer? it will be a 1vs1, it had been great if it had been a 2vs2.

The game is announced for be released this year 2014, probably in the last quarter of the year.

Well, if you know more, please tell us. About personal opinions, these are great news, I like it. Specially because now it is not as 10 years ago when 3D games were starting and there were a lot of gameplay games. Specially because another failures from a CC at 3D tried center the view at first person losing all the tactical view and this time it will be more as a CC but at 3D.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:48 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Steve McClaire sayed one thing very interesting about the game.

Quote:
The Blood First's focus is different than previous games. You will be leading a rifle company (plus attachments) through several major campaigns, rather than fighting a single operation, ordering large units around at the strategic level. So the new game will be much more focused on the tactical combat.

After this and previous comments I do not know what I think. What is the amount of men from a rifle company? if we speak from a rifle team, 6 men is not too and it would be more as a men of war game but if it is a company....a company can be formen by more of 100 soldiers. What do you think about it?

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:39 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Here's what I scraped up to..

Quote:
That brings us to the Bloody First. A brand new 3D version (Unity 3D) of Close Combat, designed in such a way you will still feel like your playing the classic Close Combat, or so they say! The Bloody First is the US 1st Division who fought through Tunisia, Sicily and Normandy. You will be able to play through all three campaigns. Another huge difference will be this campaign mode, it will be more CC3 style than CC5, and it will be down to the platoon level vice company. The campaign may have what Steve McClaire calls, `triggers` and `decision points.` That is to say if you meet certain criteria in a battle, you may be faced with decisions on where to go next, or the game will put you into action again. Along with a new engine there will be new AI, new pathfinding, maps... you name it. A partially destructible environment may be implemented. Think about the game Breach by Atomic in 2009, that was their main selling point. Modability is also being taken into account. The long awaited engine sound feature will finally be implemented, with an on/off switch. Lets hope this feature comes with the added feature of the default setting being off. This will be the 13th version of Close Combat with no multiplayer support beyond 1v1 ---disappointing! Release date, sometime in 2014.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

What do you think about this?
Quote:
You will be leading a rifle company (plus attachments)

What can be the size from a rifle company? 180 men? I wait that he is not speaking from a team of 6 men.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Yeah... even now men are part of a squad, battalion, regiment, division, etc. and you are leading them.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

I bet Mark Hamill will be one of the soldiers.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:35 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

This is funny, you have won me at ironic. Cool

But this time, I do not see nothing for to be worried, very probably it will be a good game and it will be very good for the community because new players will join it.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Quote:

That's hilarious. Any mention of a star wars character is sure to get Nomada involved with the game.

Let's not forget that many of us thought "Sudden Strike" was going to be an exciting game before it's release as well and it also allowed the player to command large amounts of men. We might wait until more information trickles down after that major disappointment.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Let's not forget that many of us thought "Sudden Strike" was going to be an exciting game before it's release as well and it also allowed the player to command large amounts of men. We might wait until more information trickles down after that major disappointment.

I feel that you have bad memory because Sudden Strike never was sold as a wargame or a Close Combat type game, it was a RTS from the begining. I know very well, I have them to the right of me.

Quote:
That's hilarious. Any mention of a star wars character is sure to get Nomada involved with the game.

Thanks. Yes, even I have dreamed with a SW version from this new game. Lately I was making one for Panthers in the Fog but unfortunately, Panthers in the Fog is not a good game for modding, I find it very unfriendly.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:07 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Quote:
Lately I was making one for Panthers in the Fog but unfortunately, Panthers in the Fog is not a good game for modding, I find it very unfriendly.

How did I know that when you returned and were active here lately that you were indeed working on a modding project Nomada?  Question

It's a shame that your project turned out to be difficult. You are one of the guys figured would return one of these days and create a mod for that engine, though didn't think it was going the SW project 1st.

I give you much credit for the attempt at it.  Very Happy

PeG-WW2 Campaigns Page

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:05 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Yes, after try edit panthers of fog, I start to feel that at this game the base files are too sincronized with the exe and when you try to make some different, it gives you a big error. Specially I feel it because I have not seen a new mod for it and it was release more one year ago. I will continue trying but I do not see it with good eyes. I wait that Bloody First does not suffer the same problems because it is not friendly modding.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

what you think of this:

"The current plan (subject to change) is that there will be some customization options that become available as you go through the campaign -- a second BAR for a US rifle squad, an extra SMG, etc. The player will get to pick which team gets the upgrade. In other situations a specific soldier can earn an award/bonus by achieving something noteworthy, and this may include a weapon. For example, causing X enemy casualties in one battle with your rifle might award a sharpshooter title, and a scoped rifle. "

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:55 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

I think that sounds great. I'm all for the ability to customize squads directly implemented in the game, it spares one from the trouble of using QClone or notepad. It also sounds great that it makes the soldiers individuals in a deeper way. Reminds me of the campaign medals given to troops in COI, which made a better distinction between vets and green troops.

What I would like most is sort of a "weapon pool" or "Soldier Pool" to compose squads using soldiers and weapons from the pool instead of having fixed squads. I mean, when fighting a campaign I might loose certain squads in the game and get stuck with a force pool composed of recon teams, with a soldier pool I could keep managing full squads perfectly fitted for certain tasks, such as focusing SMGs on assault squads instead of having ten squads each with two SMGs and several rifles.
But anyway I think the new feature sounds like a step in the right direction, looking forward to seeing what will come of this.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Quote:
There will be ragdolls for when a soldier is hit.

Awesome? I say yes.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

I don't know what they mean by that.
Ragdoll

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

That the soldier will behave like a ragdoll when hit.

Some games do this specially for death animations, it supposedly makes for a more realistic movement but it also makes for some funny screenshots where the character might end in a funny pose or whatever, it is the opposite of what we have now with death animations that are predetermined and always the same.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:39 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Wasn't it said that the Sprites will be slightly larger than what we have now?

DoktorPaj

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:39 am Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

I haven't heard it, but it must be that way if they are going to use ragdoll physics. If they are the current size nobody would be able to see the difference.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

DoktorPaj wrote (View Post):
I haven't heard it, but it must be that way if they are going to use ragdoll physics. If they are the current size nobody would be able to see the difference.

I was hoping for something like this.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3234740&mpage=1&key=&#3234740

Specially since Mana is working on "The bloody first" too. It may be that way but the current screenshots of TBF are too small to notice any detail.

DoktorPaj

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: Close Combat the Bloody First FAQ Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
DoktorPaj wrote (View Post):

I was hoping for something like this.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3234740&mpage=1&key=&#3234740

Specially since Mana is working on "The bloody first" too. It may be that way but the current screenshots of TBF are too small to notice any detail.

I hope it will get better, like you said it is just alpha yet. It must improve from the  Screenshot where the soldier graphic to me seem very basic. But really, there isn't much they can do with so small figures. What I really hope for with it is the AI, as long as they keep the psychological models (which has been one of the major differences between CC and other games) and can make the enemy more aggressive I am happy.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: