Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Miker1

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:36 am Post subject: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Any reason for the constant broken wheels incurred by AT guns trying to move or worse, light vehicles?  I saw in an earlier thread about slow moving tanks that the battle had deep snow and that moving armor had troubles.  But at least that was cured in a fix along the way and tanks sped up.  For any of the half-tracks and armored cars, moving them is death because usually the wheels break and then those without turrets are left helpless often pointed in a bad direction and awaiting their end while those with turrets are still in pretty much the same situation.  I just don't believe they were that delicate.  Plus speed and maneuverability are what they depend on to survive.  I don't really care too much about the towed guns, because you don't move them much but if the problem fix applied to the vehicles could be also applied to them that would be nice.

Don't know if the designer even still frequents these boards and I want to say that I really enjoy this mod regardless.  Countless productive time has been wiled away playing it despite the broken wheel complaint.  How about anyone else?  Do all the broken wheel messages have you not wanting to use any halftracks?  I mean even a 50mm mortar team is more useful.    Smile

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:04 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Hello. From my experience vehicles only move ok on the paths. Don't move my guns much.

Ammo and fuel are so low in the mod, and the vehicles rarely do well vs tanks. Value not so high IMO.

I enjoy those mods too. Fun in the winter to play them.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:18 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Broken wheel in game probably means they broke an axel which is easy to do. What causes it? Most axel brakes are caused by SPEEDING through rough terrain / off roading. So just don't move fast  in rough terrain much.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:31 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Miker1 wrote (View Post):
 Plus speed and maneuverability are what they depend on to survive. )

I thought this also when I first started but not really so, you more visible moving than you are still.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:47 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

I also enjoy using  vehicles with 2cm "choppers", but with CC5, they just don't move well without breaking down. The Pz2 will do some better, but will also fall apart on rubble streets. Don't even think of moving the 3.7cm Maultier, or 222 on those same streets, even on anything other than a paved road in CC5 and rvrn then there is a good chance will get a bad wheel.

Agree the Stalingrad mods seem to be worse, possibly the snow and the Germans need all the help they can get. I use them a lot as static defense, you have to since they become broken down so easily.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

You will need to edit the Elements file in order to increase or Reduce the effect Terrain is having on Vehicles.

Look for the heading........
Base chance for vehicles to become immobilized in terrain. Numbers used should be from the Chance128 Table.  Range = 0 -128

johnsilver

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:33 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch P/Michael  Very Happy

Miker1

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Platoon Michael - Thanks for the solution.  Trouble is I don't know how to edit those files.  What tool do I need to get, please?  I would definitely like to decrease these breakdowns.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:00 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

I need to know what exactly you are playing?
What version of CC and if your playing a Mod?

Miker1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:14 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Playing CC5 5.01  I have the SDK mod in use.  I also play SDKDK.  Solo games against AI.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

When I look at the files Jager did I don't see where such things like Snow,Mud etc etc have larger values to immobilize vehicles.

But I do see where many other things could be causing one problems.
Before editing anything I'd wonder do you avoid Trees and other obstacles that would indeed break a wheel?
Below is the Chance 128 Table and the extracted Elements file from SOC_V1.2

0% 0
1% 1
5% 6
10% 13
15% 19
20% 26
25% 32
30% 38
35% 45
40% 51
45% 58
50% 64
55% 70
60% 77
65% 83
70% 90
75% 96
80% 102
85% 109
90% 115
95% 122
99% 127
100% 128

Elements (CC5).zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Elements (CC5).zip
 Filesize:  6.49 KB
 Downloaded:  578 Time(s)

johnsilver

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

That chart you made is like Gold for me Michael. 3 cheers  Exclamation

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:52 pm Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Reminded me of another probability chart I had seen,  with the 0-512 count. CC2 Charts although its mainly for kill-ability and similar.

Miker1

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

I really don't play SOC at all.  Too tough for me.  As to when a wheel breaks the answer is practically anytime they move.  Don't plan on any move completing its destination.  In short order all vehicles controlled by humans stop moving within a couple of minutes - usually less than one.  The AI doesn't seem to have a problem.  Russian AC's pester you until you kill them.  They rarely break down.  So is the elements file you attached a fix?  Or is it just something that already exists.

This back and forth reminds me of my Play by Mail days.  Smile

johnsilver

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:34 am Post subject: Re: Broken wheels drives me crazy Reply with quote

Quote:
I really don't play SOC at all.  Too tough for me.

It's a brute, agreed.

Am thinking of removing the rocket spotters from Russian forces, or at least editing them down to 1 per battlegroup. The amount the Russians have, tied to the accuracy they somehow have makes them impossible to deal with in SOC IMO given the extremely limited forces the germans have, actual or not.

I got crushed, annihilated.. Whatever you want to call it vs the Russian AI. In this Mod, it's quickly a game of target the Ruskie off map spotters and those pesky 15cm guns, or they will shell the few AT guns AND tanks you have to oblivion quickly.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: