Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Author
crewman

Rep: 17.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

While testing Operation Perch, I ran into continuous end of game crashes during the first battle of the Operation ... at Bretteville.
After exhaustive experiments ... I think the Air Support is at fault in some way.
Playing against the AI and letting 15min battles complete ... I had numerous crashes with Air Support enabled (for Allies)  in the scenario options. But haven't had any crashes in last seven test battles with Air Support option unchecked (off).
So have decided to not include Air Support in the Operation ... but give Allies Artillery Support instead.

Also ran into a freeze up at Tilly in our H2H match. It was our fourth battle at this map, with no problems before, and Air was used in the crashed battle.
So may just end this H2H Op., and start over with the new version Operation with no Air Support.

And, really like how you've done the GJS med mortars ... seems very realistic, imo (thanks).

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for posting that crewman.

im not sure if this is a bug or not cathartes.......its the amount of german shreaks in some the german BG's. theres more than 20 in allot of german BG's ive looked at.
EX: 2/902/lehr = 20
        901/lehr = 22
    2/901/lehr = 22
    1/901/lehr = 20
     130 / lehr = 12

did you do this on purpose cathartes? if so im wondering if perhaps this might be a bit overboard. in my previous post i suggested we tweak the shreak and the piat for accuracy and check the penetration too...i still think we need to do this but i think we need to take a few shreaks out of the german line up by about 1/2 in each BG, IMO.

the average allied BG only has 16 + - piats in a BG and there not even half the weapon the shreak is.

your thoughts?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Joshua

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

I have lurked on this forum for years but never posted, seems this place is a hive of activity then goes dead for months  Very Happy . I have been playing CC since the first version and love the game.

First congratulations on an amazing mod. I have just stated playing through the Grand campaign against the AI and am having numerous crashes.

I think it is when the enemy routs on low moral. There is no specific map.I am saving the game after every battle too.

I am running 5.60.53 of LSA on a win 8.0 machine, with the beta in the downloads section.

This is the crash report from windows

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
 Application Name: CCE.exe
 Application Version: 2013.1.3.1
 Application Timestamp: 51911c3f
 Fault Module Name: CCE.exe
 Fault Module Version: 2013.1.3.1
 Fault Module Timestamp: 51911c3f
 Exception Code: c0000005
 Exception Offset: 00113078
 OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
 Locale ID: 2057
 Additional Information 1: 5861
 Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
 Additional Information 3: f3d5
 Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Sugestions......

I think mortors are fine as they are, but the 3inch should be available in all slots for allies

The Heavy mg42 should be kept to support, but vickers should be available to all. Or the bren should be made punchyer and have more ammo available, maybe a heavy bren team with an extra man ie the ammo runner

Naval strikes seem infective against tanks I think this is wrong also the large caliber tanks if they are coded with the naval strike data seem to be infective too I think this should be corrected.

Will post more as I come across them. So far amazing thanks

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

joshua.....the mod was built to be played H2H...not sure if that is why your seeing these crash's or not. cathartes would be able to shed some light on that tho.
im playing H2H with morale on and were not seeing these crashes all the time like you are.
we are seeing the odd CC EXE crash to desktop tho....no ryme or reason for those that i can figure out either.

you should try playing the game H2H. your not on the west coast of north america by any chance are you?  Cool  if you are, perhaps we can start a H2H GC.

keep the feed back on the game coming bro. the more input the better.

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:58 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Joshua wrote (View Post):
I have lurked on this forum for years but never posted, seems this place is a hive of activity then goes dead for months  Very Happy . I have been playing CC since the first version and love the game.

First congratulations on an amazing mod. I have just stated playing through the Grand campaign against the AI and am having numerous crashes.

I think it is when the enemy routs on low moral. There is no specific map.I am saving the game after every battle too.

I am running 5.60.53 of LSA on a win 8.0 machine, with the beta in the downloads section.

Sugestions......

I think mortors are fine as they are, but the 3inch should be available in all slots for allies

The Heavy mg42 should be kept to support, but vickers should be available to all. Or the bren should be made punchyer and have more ammo available, maybe a heavy bren team with an extra man ie the ammo runner

Naval strikes seem infective against tanks I think this is wrong also the large caliber tanks if they are coded with the naval strike data seem to be infective too I think this should be corrected.

Will post more as I come across them. So far amazing thanks

Hi Joshua, thanks for your comments and input, glad you're enjoying the mod.  

First, sorry about the crashes.  I have no idea what's going on.  I don't *think* it's related to the mod, but I could be wrong.  I have no experience with running LSA on Windows 8, so I would suggest you post your information in the Matrix LSA forum under technical support.  Steve may be able to help.

I need to update this mod, but been busy with other projects.  I am generally in agreement regarding all your suggestions.  The Naval Arty strike is a tough one.  I can up the ability to take out tanks, but it might have more nuclear consequences for infantry.  I check this forum so feel free to post questions, comments.

stiener

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Cathartes
a couple more observations in my ongoing GJS LSA GC....

the allies lack command tanks.  when the BG's get reinforcements, a few moves into the GC, they dont get any new command tanks for there non DD tanks. this is telling in the overall morale of the allies.
could some be added to the game?

im really noticing the PIAT lack of accuracie.......its bad. they literally cant hit anything at any range. the allies REALLY need some inf A/T capibility as the panthers are almost unstoppable and ive yet to hit a panther with a piat ....even at 50 metres.
having not hit anything i dont no if the pen needs to be improved also?? but im betting it does.
the piats dont hide well either.

the german BG"s have SO many inf squads of diff types and SO many MG 42 teams, [ i already mentioned the huge amount of shreaks ] and exellent morale, that the allied inf with there very poor morale green rifle squads are just so over powered its scary.
the allies lose 4 to one in inf squads in any given battle and cant replace those losses with GREEN rifle squads.
when the allies get inf reinforcements can the morale be higher and can the type of inf squads be bren squads too??
as mentioned before the canadain BG's need to have all around higher morale.....veteran at least....same as all the german BG's.

the germans now have so many BG's that are "tank " BG's  [ that have a vehicle and a support column ] that it gives them a real advantage in having More equipment on the battle field in any given battle. this is a huge advantage over the allied BG"s as a whole who only have 3 tank BG"s.
the allies have 9 inf BG's ?? that have no tanks at all. these BG's are almost pointless in an attacking roll and the piat being so bad doesnt help there survival on the battle field.
dont no what to do with them except merge them with a BG that has tanks... if those BG's have any tanks left after being shot up for a few days into the GC.
perhaps at least some tank destroyers in these BG's like the 50 inf div has??

still a great mod....very challenging as it is if your allies Smile looking forward to an update.

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

1 more thing i noticed.......the allied 147/49 and 146/49 inf BG's [ not only dont have any tanks as noted above ]  but do not have any bren sections. they have a ton of 3 man LMG Bren squads but no bren sections. is this on purpose????
this will make them hopeless against the german inf.  Sad

the 70/49 BG has green bren sections.....i remember these guys from the old GJS but i remember they also had regular bren sections too, this BG doesnt have any regular bren sections.

cant wait for an update  Very Happy

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

No tanks is by design--they didn't have any included with the division.  You'll have to combine with another tank BG.  49 Inf Division definitely needs some fixing in the infantry composition.

Reading/noting the issues and plan on getting an update cobbled together after I get past some GtC work.

stiener

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for the reply cathartes.....

well the allies could use more tanks as reinforcements at some point in there combined inf / tank bg's...after there reinforce in the 1st couple of days....other wise theres going to be no tanks in those tank bg's to combine the inf bg's with.

im at day 15 7;00 in the GC. as far as i can see the allies have had no other reinforcements other than what they got on the second or 3rd day?
do they get any other BG reinforcements in the GC? [ we know the reinforce button does not happen..at least not yet? ]

altho on day 14, i think, [ maybe 13? ].....the 231/50 BG got 4 more crocks. that surprised me. havent seen any other reinforcments in any other BG's i dont think..........Green rifle squads maybe? can you shed some light on this?
[ i try to keep track of the armour etc in the BG's ...not the inf so much ]

perhaps the 49 inf div and the other allied inf only BG's could have a few more A/T guns in the form of 17 pdrs? they get 6 6 pdrs and 4 17 pdrs i believe right now. IMO they could use a couple /few more 17 pdrs to tackle the panthers.
the panther BG's are just nasty...or unstoppable depending on which side of the cat ur on... Cool

and as i have mentioned before the allied A/T guns dont hide worth a damn compared to the german A/T guns. you cant see a Flak 88 until you trip over it but the allied a/t gets spotted from 1000 m easily.

thanks cathartes.......still a great mod  Very Happy

stiener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:20 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

suggestion / question

it wouldnt be out of the historical realm of realizm to add a piat to the allied platoon and company command teams...would it? and more than 1 gammon bomb?

[ ive yet to see the allied command teams use the 1 gammon bomb they have when assaulting or ambushing german armour come to think of it.  Confused  is this a bug??? ]

thanks

stiener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

any news cathartes?  Very Happy

stiener

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:28 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

not sure if this was posted earlier or not...but the farther we play in the mod the more obvious it becomes that the allies need more bren squads and vickers MMG's and command squads as reinforcments at some point, not just the green rifle squads that they recieve now. [ IMO the allies should never be short of soldiers and material ] could this be considered?
the german BG's already have about a 2 to 3 to 1 superiority of inf built into them [ plus there all VET morale for the most part ] and there 20 plus MG 42 LMG and HMG squads are a bit over the top...also they seem to have allot of pioneer squads to boot.  Sad
the allies could use a specialty squad of some sort to even the odds.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Quote:
[ IMO the allies should never be short of soldiers and material ] could this be considered?
the german BG's already have about a 2 to 3 to 1 superiority of inf built into them [ plus there all VET morale for the most part ] and there 20 plus MG 42 LMG and HMG squads are a bit over the top...also they seem to have allot of pioneer squads to boot.  Sad
the allies could use a specialty squad of some sort to even the odds.

The British did not have unlimited, trained soldiers, and the shortage of soldiers was a real problem as the campaign progressed.  A whole division was swallowed later in the campaign in order to fill out other divisions' ranks.  Tanks and guns are a different matter.  

British infantry were fully outgunned by German panzergrenadiers when it came to small arms, but they had material might in artillery, mortar,  and air support, and this is what made the difference most of the time.  However, I'm hearing you want more infantry firepower, regardless of reality.  More tanks are easy and reasonable considering the current situation.  Again, going to be a bit more time before I can update.

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Haven't played GJS yet but having played LSA and TLD, I noticed how frustrating indeed it is to be facing those heavily MG-42-laden German teams which easily slaughter Allied infantry. If this is counterbalanced in GJS by a lot of artillery/air/mortar support and a nearly unlimited pool of vehicles, then that's fine by me. If not, then giving more firepower to Allied infantry might be required.

No intention to press you of course but any idea when you may be able to release the update? Some of us are eagerly awaiting it before starting a new GC...

stiener

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

Hi Cathartes.
thanks for the reply  Smile

i agree that the germans out gunned the allied inf in allot of cases and that the allied artillery and mortors and air support redressed the balance in real life, but in CC and in ur mod we need at least double if not triple [ as already mentioned in a few posts ] the arty and mortor support for the allies for this to start to come close to redressing the difference in fire power. especially more arty support.
the air support doesnt work well...in most cases the air support doesnt hit anything let alone destroy any tanks.

as for the allied inf fire power vs reality.......well yes in this mod the allies desperatly need something? IMO were not messing with reality here. at 9 days into your mod 60% of my BG's are short of good inf. theres no bren squads left and the only replacement inf is the green rifle squads. theres no replacement bren squads or vickers sqauds or cmd squads. historically i dont remember the allies at 9 days after the invasion being short of infanrty. not at that point in the invasion...later in the following months...yes.
the germans should have shortages of some things and they dont have a shortage of anything as far as i can see...altho this has been one of the attractions to this mod....a good fight / slugfest.

considering how many german inf squads of all diff types are availible to the germans at the start of the GC [ far more than i remember in the ur original GJS mod ] and the veteran morale level......id say the allied inf short comings need to be addressed for playiblity and i dont think it skews reality.

more tanks as you say are reasonable and easy to add, and really needed as well to counter the balance of the cats. as already mentioned in other post the allied 17 PDR data truely has to be looked at and tweaked at least a little bit....accuracie if nothing else and 17 PDR A/T gun rate of fire....something is out of wack there as far as the 17PDRs go when you compare them to the german tanks. the 17's arent up to snuff even if the APDS ammo wasnt availible till later.
[ as mentioned before the the 17 PDR A/T gun doesnt hide well either...where the german flak 88 is invisible till u trip over it ]

another anomily we've seen is the fact that the german inf in any building seems almost immune to tank fire.....and yet the allied inf take what appears to be acceptible losses in buildings from german tank fire [ acceptible = wiped out after 2 or 3 german HE rds ]
is there perhaps a bug in the allied HE rds..bad data???

also the german shreak [ which there appears to be far too many of in allot of the german BG's ] is very in accurate...not as bad as the piat, but almost as bad. u cant hit much with them at any range.

looking forward to an update and further fighting in the hedge rows  Very Happy

thanks
Steiner

stiener

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

been playing on Merville. the small bunkers dont let you fire out of them. the big bunkers let you fire for the most part.
in the old GJS ur inf could fire out of them in all directions. id say this is a BUG.

also...not sure if this was mentioned before....the A/T guns fire at inf with both rifles and there main gun instead of waiting to shoot at tanks as a priority.

thanks

Cathartes

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):
been playing on Merville. the small bunkers dont let you fire out of them. the big bunkers let you fire for the most part.
in the old GJS ur inf could fire out of them in all directions. id say this is a BUG.

also...not sure if this was mentioned before....the A/T guns fire at inf with both rifles and there main gun instead of waiting to shoot at tanks as a priority.

thanks

the small bunkers are underground bunkers, and they only have doors, and bunker walls are coded so units can't fire through them.  so if you think that's a bug and you should be able to fire from any and all directions from a bunker and into a bunker, I can do that, but it will change how battles play on maps with bunkers and change the dynamic of the battle--units can fire from and be targeted more easily in bunkers and they wont provide bunker-like cover/protection.  

can't do anything about A/T guns firing at infantry--it's how LSA is coded, could take away all there weapons, but that might create other issues

stiener

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

thanks for the reply cathartes....... interesting about the bunkers, but it does make sense. its just different from the old GJS. LSA is a different game of course.

as for the A/T guns firing at inf...well thats too bad that its hard coded into LSA.......it was obviously missed with Matrix. [ figures ] too bad because the A/T guns become a target for inf to fire at because the A/T gun has opened fire on them instead of waiting for hard targets.
no point in messing with them i guess unless we could play test the results, and taking away there rifles would leave them open to being over run by inf squads in close quarters.

Cathartes

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:26 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

stiener wrote (View Post):
thanks for the reply cathartes....... interesting about the bunkers, but it does make sense. its just different from the old GJS. LSA is a different game of course.

as for the A/T guns firing at inf...well thats too bad that its hard coded into LSA.......it was obviously missed with Matrix. [ figures ] too bad because the A/T guns become a target for inf to fire at because the A/T gun has opened fire on them instead of waiting for hard targets.
no point in messing with them i guess unless we could play test the results, and taking away there rifles would leave them open to being over run by inf squads in close quarters.

Not that it was "missed,"  I would guess more that it's a function of needing the crew to be able to defend themselves against infantry, and where do you draw the line with an ambush-defensive perimeter?  Maybe it can be coded differently, but if you reduced it then there would have been complaints that AT guns were useless in defending themselves against enemy infantry.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:11 am Post subject: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Reply with quote

You could code a new rifle in weapons.txt to have a max range of about 60-100 meters and have a special soldiers.txt line for "Gun Crew Mauser" or similar so that the weapon itself can't be used on long ranges. That way you can keep them from giving away their position and drawing attention from enemy troops.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Jump to: