Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:45 pm Post subject: First Screens! Reply with quote

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/slitherines-new-3d-close-combat-looks-just-like-old-2d-close-combat/  

from http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3610819&mpage=1&key=&#3610826

Thanks to user benpark at Matrix.

Quote:
it’s scheduled to appear on PC before the end of this year, sporting head-to-head multiplayer and two-player co-op, as well as a single-player campaign

+EVERYTHING Looks pretty good
+map seems bigger than in pitf

-Soldier seem too small
-PITF GUI

Other things seem to be place holder still so I won't comment on them.

Pzt_XLegione

Rep: 20.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

It seems very good.

3D is what CC needs in order to attract new and more players.

very good job!

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Reminded me of the game "Great Battles Of WW2: Stalingrad" with the angled view.

TheImperatorKnight

Rep: 30.4

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

@ DoktorPaj

I wouldn't say it was that extreme!

It's still a drop down view. I'm really impressed that it looks quite similar to the current engine. Got a few people on my channel (some non-CC players) saying how it looks really good -

"O.M.F.G. This game looks awesome, it's one of the most beautiful strategy games I've ever seen if not the most, especially when compared to the old CC games. Really looking forward to this game, defo gonna buy it so expect some online matches Wink Talking of which, setting up a match will probably be much easier with the game coming out on Steam.?" Quote from a non-cc player

I have a Close Combat Youtube Channel

My Small Maps Mod for Close Combat: Gateway to Caen. Install guide and discussion
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Still no vehicle tracks in the ground?

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:21 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

I never knew game "Great Battles Of WW2: Stalingrad", it has nice graphics and view of angle, I wish new CC looked more like it...

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

C'mon Michael, it's alpha!

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Looks pretty good graphics and barrels more defined. Soldiers seem scale compared to tanks

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

C'mon Michael, it's alpha!

I'm just asking.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
@ DoktorPaj

I wouldn't say it was that extreme!

It's still a drop down view. I'm really impressed that it looks quite similar to the current engine. Got a few people on my channel (some non-CC players) saying how it looks really good -

"O.M.F.G. This game looks awesome, it's one of the most beautiful strategy games I've ever seen if not the most, especially when compared to the old CC games. Really looking forward to this game, defo gonna buy it so expect some online matches Wink Talking of which, setting up a match will probably be much easier with the game coming out on Steam.?" Quote from a non-cc player

It also seems like you can customize the camera angle in game, there is  quite a difference between This picture and this one which I think will please many people who liked the top down perspective.
Depending on the mapping it can be very useful to have the angled view, to spot height differences and cover. In the older games with the top down view I sometimes have trouble determining LOS when just looking at the map. Now one can see directly if there is something in the way of the troops.

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I never knew game "Great Battles Of WW2: Stalingrad", it has nice graphics and view of angle, I wish new CC looked more like it...

I think it never really got through to a big audience, I remember picking it up at a "special offer box" where a lot of low-budget games ended up(My cc5 copy came from the same box a few years earlier). It's far from CC though, and it had several issues, mainly the lack of good cover and generic levels with the AI always acting the same and relying on mass force to succeed.

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:30 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

To be honest, 3D in close combat seems to me just a secondary upgrade, but for sure it's not my intention to give a bad judgment without to have seen more about this new game. My idea of CC evolution it’s a gigantic stratmap that it covers a good part of a front in details (of course with many historical battlegroups on it) using some of the best ideas like, for example, ”enter map rules” of LSA (and various other things from Pitf and TLD) and, of course, creating a real good IA: 3D or not 3D it's almost the same for me.
Anyway, I hope that they will not program the graphic of this game without the possibility to set off anisotropic-trilinear-bilinear texture filtering: often, the games of matrix games have graphic filters programmed too deep (they can't be removed: not inside the game and not with others “tricks”) and for me it means an irritating "red eyes" problem (easy to avoid setting these filters and antialiasing off).

Drizzt

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:41 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

It looks pretty good to me, because its looks familiar. Nothing ground breaking about the graphics though. It almost looks like its isometric. A bit early for UI comments but I will anyways... are they moving all the UI buttons around again?

Notice how different the map looks without hedgerows. Mobility is nice... can't tell what theater that might be though.

Graphics put aside we still have to deal with online play and the AI. Will these come through for us?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:56 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

It says they follow the 1st division, so the theatre will be Sicily, Italy and France.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:11 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Quote:
Notice how different the map looks without hedgerows. Mobility is nice... can't tell what theater that might be though.

That's probably Sicily where PzD Herrmann Goring attacked the landing zone with attached Tigers.

I don't like the models of Shermans.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:26 am Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

I also wish that the user interface is similar to the previous CC games (e.g CC5 style) and not like Panthers in the Fog.

Other than that, as others have also pointed out, infantry units look a bit strange graphically. I additionally think that the tanks in the screenshots look as if they are remote controlled toys. However, this is alpha stage so they will probably improve these things later on.

As always,  a decent AI is the most crucial thing, which has lacked from previous games. I would certainly care less about graphics and more about AI and a solid (i.e. bug-free) multiplayer aspect. As far as I have seen so far, it is also a shame that they won't be implementing 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 mutliplayer, correct me if I'm wrong. That would have been awesome for sure!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Yeah a huge shame we can't do more than 1v1 yet.

Also noticed in the screens that the roof is not disappearing when a unit is inside.

The Shermans do look like the same Shermans you would get in a bag of green plastic army men but I am sure they are going to be adding more detail.

Last edited by mooxe on Sun May 18, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Also noticed in the screens that the roof is not disappearing when a unit is inside.

probably that's because the screen are taken from the allied side and there are PzGrenadiere in that house :)

Quote:
The Shermans do like like the same Shermans you would get in a bag of green plastic army men but I am sure they are going to be adding more detail.

hope so.

Last edited by Dima on Sun May 18, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:02 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

It says in the article something about a co-op mode.

What exactly it means, I don't know but I hope it doesnt just mean that 2 players can go against the ai.

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

co-op game mode means either 1-2 or more players on one team vs 1-2 or more on the opposing team. 2 players on same team vs 1 elite ai player on ai would be neat aslo

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:08 pm Post subject: Re: First Screens! Reply with quote

Big Red 1 was in North Africa as well. Not interested in another beach landing in france (already did that madness in cc5 tld) if they decide to do that, though will play the other theaters.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Bloody First
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: