Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
elmomother

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:55 pm Post subject: Vetmods? Reply with quote

I'd just like to add to the pool of enthusiasm here on the forums and say that I'm throughly looking forward to the release of this fantastic looking mod, which I'm sure is only days away:)

Just a coupla questions though - will there be any vetmods with the mod? Something would make the german AI be more aggressive or the soviets a bit more determined in the defence, whilst lowering the number of forces available to your BG's, and increasing your enemies.

Also, have you eliminated that reinforce option like the way the BoB mod did? I just really hate that button - and any time I play a mod I always activate it straight away if it's for my side, but it's a wee annoyance I think never should have been put in CC.

But regardless, congratulations for making a fantastic looking mod :drink2

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a real challenge, come play all of us hardened CC veterans on www.gamespy.com Wink

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

no vetmods is envisaged so far but I'm not anxious : if the community find the mod good enough, there will be a lot of sub mods as vetmod Wink .

The reinforce button has been removed! Razz

elmomother

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:
If you want a real challenge, come play all of us hardened CC veterans on www.gamespy.com Wink

oh have I tried!

It just got too frustrating after several weeks of trying - it was all due to firewalls and ports. I was able to enter all the required ports into the windows xp firewall (i think) but i've been completely unable to get my other firewall (F-secure internet security 2005) to let me play so I just gave up. Every time I'd try to connect to a game, once I'd clicked launch the screen would go blank, and then would stay blank. Then whenever I'd press ctrl-alt-del it'd tell me CC wasn't responding. Worse still was whenever I tweaked some things and it'd let me through to the CC screen but it would just say my name in the roster at the right, not my opponent, and no amount of waiting would solve that.

If anyone could explain how to get playing online or point me in the direction of guides for opening up the ports in Windows XP and in F-secure Internet Security (and not the guide on the gamespy site), i'd be very grateful:)

@Manoi - dat's true - it only took a matter of weeks before Waldganger's BoB vetmod came out:) And great news on the reinforce button! Razz

AT_kampf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

elmomother wrote:
Pzt_Mac wrote:

oh have I tried!

It just got too frustrating after several weeks of trying - it was all due to firewalls and ports. I was able to enter all the required ports into the windows xp firewall (i think) but i've been completely unable to get my other firewall (F-secure internet security 2005) to let me play so I just gave up. Every time I'd try to connect to a game, once I'd clicked launch the screen would go blank, and then would stay blank. Then whenever I'd press ctrl-alt-del it'd tell me CC wasn't responding. Worse still was whenever I tweaked some things and it'd let me through to the CC screen but it would just say my name in the roster at the right, not my opponent, and no amount of waiting would solve that.

If anyone could explain how to get playing online or point me in the direction of guides for opening up the ports in Windows XP and in F-secure Internet Security (and not the guide on the gamespy site), i'd be very grateful:)

@Manoi - dat's true - it only took a matter of weeks before Waldganger's BoB vetmod came out:) And great news on the reinforce button! Razz

try starting a game online (with someone with paitience) whenu launch game and it goes black press the "windows button and sometime u find a command prompt from your firewall asking you if you want to conect to this conection ,,, just a thourght it worked for me

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:02 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

so kampfe is that windows button the one on keyboard nex to the alt button?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

elmomother

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually yeah that does happen sometimes. Any time I leave the firewall on (but have enabled all the ports that I need) it asks me do I want to give access to this program and I click allow. But I still never get to play!

Any guides availanle that you know - i haven't found anything uselful on my f-secure internet security readme.

But thanks anzac for the advice Smile

FUTURE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Manoi wrote:

The reinforce button has been removed! Razz
This I love. Thanks mate. Smile

Ross Moorhouse
CSO SimTek Ltd
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm [at] csogroup [dot] org

AT_kampf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:28 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
so kampfe is that windows button the one on keyboard nex to the alt button?

yep! thats the one Rolling Eyes

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: