Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 am Post subject: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOP97boQupE

Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine are going back to the future — with a World War II-era tank taken from a memorial.
“Our craftsmen have managed to start the engine of the IS-3 tank displayed on a platform in the park. The tank is being prepared and will engage in the combat soon,” the press service of the Donetsk People’s Republic, a unrecognized sect of Ukraine, reportedly told Russian news agency Interfax.
PHOTOS: What are the chances?
A video posted on YouTube shows smoke billowing from the tank as villagers from Konstantynovka fire up its engine.
Ukrainian President-elect Petro Poroshenko will have to deal with separatists supported by Russia in eastern parts of the country. The topic was brought up in France between President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who were in the country for D-Day remembrances.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/6/pro-russian-separatists-take-wwii-era-tank/#ixzz347bblRHk  
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

Would they have any ammo? Would it be reliable?
How many requisition points do they need for an IS-3 in Real Red?

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:34 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

For a few moments i thought this was a bad mod idea!  Rolling Eyes

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:09 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

IS-3's were never deployed in action against Germany, correct?  I wonder how German medium and heavy tanks would have fared against it.  Could a 88mm penetrate it's armor?  Dima??

p.s. Southern Land, your PTiF maps are works of art!

Siwy_PL

Rep: 2.8
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:37 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

Good luck for them, any chooper with proper missiles can take it down Smile

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:04 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

And Irak is burning again...

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:36 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

I'v always wondering about how many Sherman tanks are gate guards in Canada and the US, and elsewhere in the world. I have seen so many.

That Russian tank will never see battle. IF they get the weapon system to function, it will be no more accurate or reliable that a civil war cannon. I am assuming a lot, but since there's probably no ammo and its been sitting for 70 years, how can it really function as a reliable battle tank? The entire turret system would have to be refurbished.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:37 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
And Irak is burning again...

I watched the ISIS propaganda video. Its wholesale murder. People lined up to be shot, its exactly what it must of been during WW2 atrocities. I feel bad for the Iraqis.

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:06 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

It is a real cluster-fk over in Iraq.  We should have left the Sunni's alone and let them keep fight it out with Iran.  The atrocities in Mid-East are barbaric...it is like going back a few hundred years.  Literally there many recent reports of women getting stoned to death in Pakistan just because the family did not approve of marriage or other "honor" killings.

Ukraine situation still seems dangerous but nothing too crazy yet.  It is like a ticking time bomb.

Yea the AA missiles are taking a real toll on the MiG copters.

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I'v always wondering about how many Sherman tanks are gate guards in Canada and the US, and elsewhere in the world. I have seen so many.

My kids have grown up using tanks and steam trains as playgrounds, we always stop when we see one!

2012-09-26 11-08-11 - 0004 - Copy.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  312.76 KB
 Viewed:  378 Time(s)

2012-09-26 11-08-11 - 0004 - Copy.JPG

zwizdan007

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOP97boQupE

Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine are going back to the future — with a World War II-era tank taken from a memorial.
“Our craftsmen have managed to start the engine of the IS-3 tank displayed on a platform in the park. The tank is being prepared and will engage in the combat soon,” the press service of the Donetsk People’s Republic, a unrecognized sect of Ukraine, reportedly told Russian news agency Interfax.
PHOTOS: What are the chances?
A video posted on YouTube shows smoke billowing from the tank as villagers from Konstantynovka fire up its engine.
Ukrainian President-elect Petro Poroshenko will have to deal with separatists supported by Russia in eastern parts of the country. The topic was brought up in France between President Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin, who were in the country for D-Day remembrances.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/6/pro-russian-separatists-take-wwii-era-tank/#ixzz347bblRHk  
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That one may never be operational, but following one definitely is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVcstgyUJBQ

Very Happy

zwizdan007

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
It is a real cluster-fk over in Iraq.  We should have left the Sunni's alone and let them keep fight it out with Iran.  The atrocities in Mid-East are barbaric...it is like going back a few hundred years.  Literally there many recent reports of women getting stoned to death in Pakistan just because the family did not approve of marriage or other "honor" killings.

Ukraine situation still seems dangerous but nothing too crazy yet.  It is like a ticking time bomb.

Yea the AA missiles are taking a real toll on the MiG copters.

Area of Iraq where ISIS succeded in last few days is called the Sunni triangle. Due to weak Iraqi central goverment and inability to perform any serious offensives against militants, most of weaponry ISIS seized is shipped to eastern Syria to fight SAA, JAN/IF and Kurdish forces due to critical situation ISIS is on Syrian battlefield.

triangle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.61 KB
 Viewed:  423 Time(s)

triangle.jpg

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:26 am Post subject: Re: Ready to march on Kiev Reply with quote

Reports claim the assaults by ISIS had only a few hundred of them vs thousands of Iraqi security troops.   Iraqi troops ditched their uniforms and ran for the hills.  We should just stop importing oil and let the mid-east go bankrupt.  Let them see life under oppressive religious rule that stones people to death or endorses honor killings...let them figure out democracy is not so bad after all.  The mid-east needs to fight it out and liberate their own selves from such oppression.  Otherwise they will keep rallying to blame the West for their own issues.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: