Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm Post subject: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

There had to be one...

Croatia 1 - 0 Brazil setting up the tone for the rest of the tournament where there's gonna be a lot of surprises I hope. Germany will win this. First american cup that will go to an european. There's not strong south american team now, Brazil? not good enough, will crumble to the pressure and probably eliminated first round, if there's not refball of course. Argentina? Messi only plays well at Barcelona. Chile? Colombia? Ecuador?  Rolling Eyes

Not to hopeful for Mexico, again at the host's group (same as SA), and with possibility to run into Argentina again if by a miracle they go to next bracket. I didn't even watch their pre-wc games.

For me the group of death is Group G where the american team is. First, what is a group of death? it is when there are more good teams than there are places to advance next round. Group G has Germany, USA, Portugal and Ghana, only two will advance and all of them are very powerful with Germany being the best of course. The spain group is also considered a group of death but I think the US group is more even.

I was truly shocked when I heard Landon Donovan was not going to be there. I love the guy, 99.9999% of the people here hate him and I don't understand why as he is very correct when speaking, has a winner attitude and in general seems like a cool dude. Maybe because he speaks with truths and as they say "The truth doesn't sin, but it bothers" so many here feel offended by his seemingly demeaning attitude or declarations, but I take them as fun, I'm pretty sure he enjoys to pick on us because of all the years we were the giant in the region as they say and all of us downplayed everyone else, always was a sure thing to be in the WC. Not so anymore.

Now that the US is the giant they are having a bit of fun with it as demonstrated when an US goal at the last minute on the last game of their qualifiers saved Mexico and gave it another chance of grabbing a ticket, a lot of "You're welcome Mexico" etc started circulating in all the media. The US was already qualified and was playing with their backups, they were tied but a last minute goal that they didn't even have to make gave Mexico an undeserved second shot against small NZ, Mexico by winning by themselves still had a shot but they didn't.

Enough rant let the ball start rolling!

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Please Kanov....the champion of world...SPAIN!

A Mexico le falta Carlos Vela!

heia Safari!!

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:13 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Spain is a good contender too, they proved themselves at the confederations cup and reached the final.

Carlos Vela... well I think he saw over all the bs and spared himself from all that. Maybe when another strong manager comes along he will return.

zwizdan007

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

I agree for Germany to win WC.

But, I am Croatian, and I have placed a bet that Brasil and exico will advance from group stage. Croatian team sucks, team is filled with players that don't deserve to be there, becouse of managerial influence  Wink

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Well, Brazil is Brazil  Laughing

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Referee sob, two good goals that were invalidated.  Mad

I hope Mexico can score a good enough goal for Miss blind over there, goddamn.

EDIT:

Finally! 1-0 good enough goal for miss linegirl, Cameroon is in disarray it seems the internal admin fights has taken its toll (players weren't being payed it seems).

Now against Brazil!

Mexico has a good history against Brazil. A win here and we're set, but Brazil is empowered now after their win and will go with everything to try and secure that next round place once and for all. A tie can be good for Mexico still, not so for Brazil.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Spain  Very Happy

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Was supporting the Dutch team today Smile

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

What a massacre. The last one between these two at SA was a physical massacre now this was a tactical massacre.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

What a massacre. The last one between these two at SA was a physical massacre now this was a tactical massacre.

most of my friends watching it have apartments in Spain so they were supporting the Spanish team as their national Smile
I was against all other - what a fun was to see their reaction on first goal and other Very Happy

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

most of my friends watching it have apartments in Spain so they were supporting the Spanish team as their national Smile
I was against all other - what a fun was to see their reaction on first goal and other Very Happy

Agree dima!..but in 2010 the star for spain!

heia Safari!!

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:33 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):

Agree dima!..but in 2010 the star for spain!

well, your team is still very strong one and have a lot of chances to be the one Smile

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:20 am Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Agree dima but the STAR in 2010.....for Spain!

heia Safari!!

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Spain - Netherlands was the first big surprise of the tournament and an example of how chance can play a decisive role in football. What if Silva had scored 2-0? With 2-0 at half time The Netherlands would no longer have hoped to win the match. What if the 1-3 was disallowed (it should have been) ? Etcetera.
However, one thing that drew my attention is that after the match the Dutch players could not wait to say that the victory was the envisioned result of the new tactics. Also, they said they clearly noticed that the Spanish were not in the same physical shape. That and the skills of a few individuals made the difference last night. The Dutch also quickly referred to the EC 2008 when they beat reigning world champion Italy and France only to lose against Russia in the next round. In other words: One swallow does not make a summer.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

The real iron group it's the group D: for tradition and strenght Italy, England and Uruguay are all suitable to pass the turn (I don't know much about Costa Rica team). In group G USA and Ghana (in my opinion) are clearly one step back towards Germany and Portugal.

Drizzt

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

England-italy goog game for this night!

heia Safari!!

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
England-italy goog game for this night!

+100500!

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Come on ENGLAND

knights_templar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.33 KB
 Viewed:  367 Time(s)

knights_templar.jpg

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

oh well thats it for another four years good while it lasted  Rolling Eyes

Drizzt

Rep: 121

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: World Cup 2014 Thread Reply with quote

Great game against England. I have seen some very good english young players: there is a good future for England team. We have played a "strange" game considering our old way of play: not a defensive game, propositive game while England counter-attacked us (often very well).
Costarica is not so weak as I had imagined...
Italian team in my opinion doesn't contain all the best italian players, but I suppose that in every country, more or less, there is this kind of evaluation. Anyway it seems we are competitive.

Drizzt

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: