Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:28 pm Post subject: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

So we were playing with Troger a multiplayer Operation.
I was following the old good wolfpack tactic, keeping 3 panthers close to each other and moving them together. Things were going pretty well, I was advancing cautiously but nicely.

Then dear Troger called in an airstrike! And you see the result below:

All THREE of the panthers got knocked out! What a sight!.. From there onwards, everything went downhill on that battle for me. Very Happy
The lesson to be learned: Be careful and not pack armor too closely in this game!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

That looks really ahistorical and unrealistic Smile

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Is it that unrealistic?  RAF Typhoon comes in with rockets and bombs (500kg? 250kg?) on three bunched up Panthers. Seems totally plausible to me.  You can see me giving thanks to the queen, should have been to the king though.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
Is it that unrealistic?  RAF Typhoon comes in with rockets and bombs (500kg? 250kg?) on three bunched up Panthers. Seems totally plausible to me.  You can see me giving thanks to the queen, should have been to the king though.

it is totally unrealistic Smile
in Normandy RAF scored like 5% kills against AVFs Smile.

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Ahh yes, aicraft rockets showed 3% accuracy during training in the UK Smile

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:47 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Does anyone know if taking out flak pieces in cc battlefield before calling in a air strike increases hit chance?
Also better hit chance being in a large field opposed to under trees or heavy bocages?

Woops forgot to mention night vs day on map also and weather.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Last edited by vobbnobb on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Troger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Guess my RAF boys were in that 5%!

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Awesome!  I love those moments in the game.

Looks like a real good tank graveyard forming there.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 am Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
Does anyone know if taking out flak pieces in cc battlefield before calling in a air strike increases hit chance?
Also better hit chance being in a large field opposed to under trees or heavy bocages?

Woops forgot to mention night vs day on map also and weather.

Nothing affects airstrikes that we know of.

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 am Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

@ Dima  Don't forget that when one of those Cannon, 50 cal rounds, rocket or bomb fragments pierces the thin tank top armor and hits the fuel or ammo compartments the tank is basically done for. Chain reaction times 100!

I didn't mention the deadly vapor problems on earlier panthers tanks either.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Stwa

Rep: 308.9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
it is totally unrealistic Smile in Normandy RAF scored like 5% kills against AVFs Smile.

Ya, but that's because by this time the RAF was the NAF (Noob Aif Force).   Arrow

Troger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:21 am Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

You're right, Pvt_Grunt, those are the best moments in CC.   Totally changed the outcome of that battle, though he routed me off the map the next turn.

I don't care about the statistical figures of RAF kill ratios or rocket accuracy ratings.  This is a game, and games are supposed to be fun.

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:36 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Quote:
All THREE of the panthers got knocked out! What a sight!.. From there onwards, everything went downhill on that battle for me. Very Happy
The lesson to be learned: Be careful and not pack armor too closely in this game!

This isn't anything new for called in air support. Have had it happen before with especially Ju87's and Russian aircraft when bunched together armor were hit. Even with artillery on extremely rare occasions.

This is something seen on WAR/TLD up here on support. Please don't everyone act like this is a bug, it's not. Bunched up armor, chain reaction is plausible anyway on occasion. Moreso with early gas M4's than diesel German perhaps.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:08 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

Quote:
Moreso with early gas M4's than diesel German perhaps.

so the Germans used alot of diesels in tanks....another historical breakthrough!

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with this.

Granted I don't know what type of Airstrike Troger had but obviously it was one of the better aircraft.
And do we not remember Mooxe's video on how Tanks next to each other can/will explode?

Indirect Fire with AVRE

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Nuking with airstrikes possible! Reply with quote

I was playing a game against the Allies as AI and watched as an artillery barrage rained down upon their own troops. Took out quite a few of them with relatively little arm to my forces. Had never seen that before.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: