Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:37 pm Post subject: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Fontenay-Caen road

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Cassiono Objective

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

MUE

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

St-mauvieu

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

looks like you worked out the trees just fine.  well done.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Marcelet

michazech

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Hello!
...and thank you for this game.
I have a little problem and a question
In the Colleville Map are the Victory- and/or Connection-Points to Tourville and Mondrainville interchanged and get the wrong way out
The Strategic Map shows Tourville on the right side of Mondrainville but you have to leave the Colleville Map in the lower left to Tourville and the Mondrainville-Connection-Point is bottom center right of it

How can i fix it on my own?
I remember a tool for CC5(?) to create or change/mod victory locations and connetions, but dont now where to find it?
Thanks for further helps

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

michazech wrote (View Post):
Hello!
...and thank you for this game.
I have a little problem and a question
In the Colleville Map are the Victory- and/or Connection-Points to Tourville and Mondrainville interchanged and get the wrong way out
The Strategic Map shows Tourville on the right side of Mondrainville but you have to leave the Colleville Map in the lower left to Tourville and the Mondrainville-Connection-Point is bottom center right of it

How can i fix it on my own?
I remember a tool for CC5(?) to create or change/mod victory locations and connetions, but dont now where to find it?
Thanks for further helps

Good catch! The tool youre looking for is BED9 here in Downloads/Toolbox. Mafi didnt update the tool to handle the re-scaled PITF/GTC map graphics. The workaround is to rescale the PITF/GTC maps, using his 5CC map tool, to 5 pixels per meter, export a new .OVM, then point the BED9 tool to the folder containing those rescaled .OVMs and the original .BTDs. However, manually editing the VLs in the .BTDs is as simple as opening them in Notepad, backspacing over the existing data, entering new data and saving. Open the revised Map12.btd (Colleville) this way to compare it with the original (new Map12.btd attached). The Tourville VL (and 2 others) has been moved based on your recommendation.

Last edited by Jatke on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jatke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Pic of revised Colleville .BTD

michazech

Rep: 9.7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:44 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Thank you Jatke
Fortunatily i´ve found it out by myself and of course by just open the BTDs and editing in Notepad.

By this way i was also able to create more and new connection-VL´s so that the opponents be able to criss-cross the battlefield and enter the maps not just across the edge but also over the corners.
Whit these more options you will be able to sideslip blocking positions or infiltrate enemy lines as well
That give more opportunities and all that beautifully designed maps have less death corners
The other way round there are more directions of attack and lines of defense worth thinking about

Together with Scnellemeyers vehicle mod for more speed (found in "cover-less buildings" forum) Gateway to Caen is ready to take off
Besides i found it useful to add some german MarderIII-Tankdestroyers and 5mm Granatwerfer (found halffinished in graphic- and base-foulder), british mortarcarrier and towed 17pdr ATGuns (created with GTC workbook)
Whit the Unitstructure tool i was able to gather smaller, more different taskforces, also created with GTC workbook in addition whit some "empty/leer-units"
So it is possible to create even smaller reconforces and in the same time have full access to the mostly part of the battlegroup if needed
In singleplayer all that modifications work well

Picture of some Forces below

slipper

Rep: 44.3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:59 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Hi

Any idea how I can get copies of all maps from the strat layer, similar to the few posted above, please?

Thanks

slipper

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

You can export them out from 5CC wich you will find in the Downloads / tools section of this site.

slipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Ok thanks

I have managed to export the maps to get an OVM image. How do I also get the text to show for locations and how do I know which map is which as they are just numbered Map00, Map01, etc?

Thanks

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

The StratMap.txt file in /Maps lists the GtC maps in order, 00 - 29. The map names seen above are part of the stratmap image attached below. Labeling the .OVMs can be done in an image editor like Paint. The map name font used on the StratMap shouldnt be too hard to find.

FONTENAY-CAEN RD
CASSINO OBJECTIVE
MUE
ST-MAUVIEU
MARCELET
LA GAULE
LA GAULE ORCHARD
CHEUX
SKYLINE
POINT 100
LE HAUT DU BOSQ
GRAINVILLE ROAD
COLLEVILLE
MOUEN
BAS DE MOUEN
LES NOUILLONS
GRAINVILLE-SUR-ODON
TOURVILLE
MONDRAINVILLE
LE VALTRU
TOURMAUVILLE
BARON
GAVRUS
HILL 112
LE BON REPOS
BOUGY
HILL 113
ESQUAY
HAUT DES FORGES
BAS DES FORGES

slipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:47 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Thanks very much, that's a great help. Lastly, where do I get the objective names from please, so they show up on the map like the screenshot
in the first post?

cheers

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

I think the only way is with a screenshot from ingame.

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Looks like Platoon Michael found the map name font used on the strat map and manually labeled those objective names himself - note how their placement varies from VL to VL.

The VL names and locations are in the Mapname.btd files, which can be opened in Notepad. Use Mafi's BED9 tool (shown below) to see their placements on a map as well as the list of VL names in a window. The caveat is that BED9 cant read the 24 bit OVM grfx in PitF & GtC. To do so, the OVMs need to be exported from 5CC as 16 bit TGAs, then converted back to the 16 bit CC graphic format with TM3. At which point you'll have officially gone down the CC modding rabbit hole : )

The hard way is to view each map in-game and note each VL name/location.

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Dug around in my rat's nest of CC files and dredged up a 16 bit GtC conversion made for using GtC maps in older CC versions. This will allow you to skip the 5CC OVM 16bit export>TM3 conversion process.

Download the 16bitgtcOVMs.zip from my Gdrive, extract the 16bitgtcOVMs folder anywhere, copy the GtC mapname.txt and mapname.btd files to the 16bitgtcOVMs folder, point BED9 at that folder and youll be able to view the GtC VL names and locations.

link to 16bitgtcOVMs.zip

Jatke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

fyi since youre interested in CC maps -

Mafi's 5CC tool can convert the BGM, OVM, MMM and RFM map graphics between 16 bit (LSA and prior) and 24 bit (PitF & GtC). This allows older, 16 bit maps to be converted to 24 bit, exported, and used in PitF & GtC. Conversely, it also allows 24 bit PitF & GtC maps to be used in prior 16 bit versions.

Get to know 5CC if youre going to mod CC maps.

The 5CC scaling menu is shown below.

slipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Gateway to Caen Maps Reply with quote

Thanks very much, Jatke you have been a great help  Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: