Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:53 pm Post subject: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Ok, I have not bought the game yet, but did get a chance to check it out here in the hospital.  After checking it out, I got an (re-hashed) idea for G2C...Vietnam.  I liked the CC3 version and the CCMT version was okay; but, I always wanted to do a game with a "true" strategic map.  Now, I have not started on this, again because I don't have the game, and I still want to finish CCPITF-IDF.  Most of IDF is complete except some icons and still working battlegroups.  DON'T get your hopes up too high.  If and when I purchase the game and start the mod, I will let the community know!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:40 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Biggest issues I can see is......    
1)Is it worth editing this game  
2)What If?

Soon your gonna have The Bloody First to play.

And what If by some miracle The Bloody Firsts 2nd installment has a Strategic Map and none of the current issues the re-releases have.
Girly soldiers or vehicle pathing or what ever else whoever deems whatever to be unacceptable.
And what if by some other miracle it becomes popular?
Now your editing a game that no one plays or no one wants.

Is it worth spending that time on?
personally I say No

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Very interesting idea, I honestly also love CC2 operation just cause. It is a nice and fun to play realistic mod despite the low quality graphics and obsolete GUI of CC2.  I was dreaming of it, that someone could port this and cc3 vietnam to the TLD.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Now your editing a game that no one plays or no one wants. Is it worth spending that time on?

YES! That is the most IDEAL modding situation.  Arrow

Usually, the people that made the game to begin with are no longer providing patches.

No one is hassling you for new "features" to the mod.

You don't have to upload the mod (or its changes) for distribution.

You don't have to worry if other formuites like your mod.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Yes!

A great idea for GTC!

heia Safari!!

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Now your editing a game that no one plays or no one wants. Is it worth spending that time on?

YES! That is the most IDEAL modding situation.  Arrow

I do not see it as more than a pitiful apology for do not edit the game, perhaps because you do not know how make it or perhaps because you are sad.

Gateway to Caen is probably one of the most sold CC games in the last 10 years and probably it is played by a lot of people, at difference from other CC game, the IA is not too bad.

At other point, I do not think that Bloody First be more played or they sell a lot more of copies from it.

Most of the people do not mod a game by the amount of people playing it, they mod the game because they like mod the game. At the end, you can not know how many people will play your mod and if you do not make it, you will not know it.

As always, people around here is very negative, we need new blood with better ideas and more positive. Perhaps my minds are different because I have not been only linked to one single community and I have edited other games with success. Probably by this reason I´m more positive because I have not wasted all my modding ideas here.Wink

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:13 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

I would love to see a localized skirmish campaign in vietnam for GtC/Pitf, where strategic units are platoon/company sized units.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:31 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):
Gateway to Caen is probably one of the most sold CC games in the last 10 years and probably it is played by a lot of people, at difference from other CC game, the IA is not too bad. As always, people around here is very negative, we need new blood with better ideas and more positive.

Right.  Exclamation

But didn't you like Zombie Apocolypse better than Gateway to Caen.  Question

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

A new Close Combat Vietnam is a great idea. And way over due.
Can we have some battle ideas? Battle of La drang velly 65? Battle of Dien Bien Phu 54 or how about a grandscale tet offensive as a whole? Or at least apart of tet offensive including the capital city.

I'm pessimistic about a 3D CC. Especially 3D maps. But any way-

If the game engine is going to follow a particular unit through WW2 we need to think of a Vietnam unit that saw a large variety of action and operations.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

People I feel how completely you lost the main point of view about edit a game. Always a game is edited for improve the original. From small to big mods, all them want improve it around the world at different games.

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:58 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Hey Nomada_Firefox. Can you make a battle of Fallujah mod.
Cheers!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:35 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Hey Nomada_Firefox. Can you make a battle of Fallujah mod.
Cheers!

Why do you not make it by yourself?

Antony_nz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:14 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Don't know how.
I took one look at mod making. Back in the day...
And I thought "Fuck this". I think finding a file on my computer is way to hard let alone making a mod. Making a mod is impossible for me.

But Hey! Never say never.

You should try! I love mod makers. I respect them so much for what they do.

Why don't you post how its done or provide a link for us?

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:20 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Who's got Zombie Apocalypse?!  That looks awesome!  I did something (smaller) with one of my CCMT games.  I even included Cherry PIE guns from World War Z (the book, not the movie).  It was cool to see Zombie's explode then burn.  Anyway, thanks Nomada_Fox; you are right, I mod the games mostly for myself and if someone else enjoys them, even better. Pzt_Kanov, my idea is the Au Shau Valley to include Plei Mei and LZ X-Ray.  That's what I thought of when I saw the strat map for G2C.  I might even throw in some Mekong Delta and Tet stuff...haven't figured it out, again still working on IDF.   Any ideas, though, are always welcome!

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

If ypu need help i can help bel!

A mod fast in two weeks!

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

As always, thanks Dak_Legion!

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:40 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Hey Bel,

Good luck with the mod. BTW, my zombies sometimes burst into flame too. It's a real laugher.

Bel8910

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Just for fun...did these two in about 30 minutes....nothing serious on the mod, yet. (For Dak_Legion, Stwa, and Pzt_Kanov)

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

That looks really good. Even a simple firefight (with muzzle flashes and tracers) would look outstanding.

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Inpressive!

We need work and play this mod!!!!

Go bel GO!

heia Safari!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: