Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:28 am Post subject: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

One of our Austrailian Close Combat Legends has past away. ArmeegruppeSud died suddenly and unexpectedly in March 2013. Steffen created the iconic Close Combat III/Cross of Iron Der Ost Front Mod series.  His work has become the most popular Mod in Close Combat COI game. Steffen also created Der Ost Front 2.0 Campaign: Battles of Heeresgruppe Süd (Army Group South) He was at work with DOF 3.

Steffen was survived by his Wife and child.

ArmeegruppeSud We Love You Brother! We Miss You! Thank You Brother! God Bless Your Spirit!

http://youtu.be/MR87LsmXzBs

Close Combat's most infamous SOB

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:00 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

I contacted his church earlier today to see if the news was true. From the Senior Pastor at Victory Harbour Baptist Church...

Quote:
".... I conducted the funeral for Steffen after he died suddenly and unexpectedly in March 2013. The church here has continued to support his wife through her time of grief and loss..."
Grace and peace,
Tony Ling

ArmeeGruppeSud's Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/armeegruppesud

I think most of AGS's posts ended up in Trainwrecks thread. We certainly did notice he was not active anymore as his arguments and use of forum formatting were pretty epic. He made some excellent contributions to the community and from watching his videos he seemed like a very happy and outgoing man. RIP.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:46 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Thanks for contacting me mooxe.

i have just spoken to the pastor of his church.

he died suddenly of heart failure and is survived by his wife and at the time unborn child.

regards
schrecken
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:27 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Wow sorry to hear that.  At least he was quite content with the young wife - enjoyed it while he had it..  3rd person I know in their 50's that died from heart attacks recently.  Pretty sure he was in his 50's or late 40's? At least AGS here on the internet you live permanently!  On hard drive disks for eternity.  Thanks for the mods brother!

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:35 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

He was only 52... I'm 53 in August Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:36 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Ah shit.  Just got sent this link from Antony.  So sorry to here this.  RIP cobber.

Marc

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

RIP to a great modder and forum brother. Very sad news.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:17 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Yes ... sorry to hear..   Sad

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

A tragic notice for CC community:(

Honor and Glory to AGS!!!!

heia Safari!!

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:51 am Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Wow, sad news.  I played some operations against him using his DOF mod--just looked at the screenshots I took of those battles and that was back in 2007!  I drove him a bit nuts during those battles (me getting lucky with rarity and getting a slew of Tigers and 12cm mortars in late '42 had a bit to do with it) but he was a good sport.  His DOF mod was a solid contribution to CC3.  Cheers AGS!

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:04 pm Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Damn, sad to hear that. My condolences  Sad

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

That is so sad to hear of the loss of such great talent in the CC community. DOF was one of my favorite CC3 mods to play. May he Rest in Peace.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: ArmeegruppeSud RIP Reply with quote

Sad news. So young and with a family that was about to get started. Rest in peace.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: