Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
morca

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:50 am Post subject: Fixing mods and plugins Reply with quote

I am going through the mods and plugins and will be fixing them up for mistakes.

Anglowar mod - now fixed. individual files to be removed - only plugins available - UPLOADED.
sontownmirror map in plugin format. UPLOADED.
1940 mod - plugin finished - UPLOADED.
1945 mod - plugin finished - UPLOADED.
Operation Market Garden - historically accurate -plugin completed - uploading now
Kreta mod - in progress
Afrika mod - in progress (downloading maps)
others - TBA

Last edited by morca on Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished one for Eastern Front, right now I'm working on making the map packs for the Eastern Front and 1940 themed maps. What was wrong with the Anglowar plugin.

-Nembo

morca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

anglowar had a few probs - mainly the fact that the plugin wouldnt load due to the use of wildcards in the installation process. I have found that to be a problem in most plugins. Even though it says that it supports wildcards, the config manager doesnt do it properly. So better off to do it the long way.
If my config manager doesnt work with wildcards, then I am sure there are plenty of others who have the same problem. Better off dealing with the lowest common denominator.

Second with the anglowar mod was that the sound editor was included in it. A waste of bandwidth when most of the people who will use the plugin wont even know its there. Better off keeping that sort of stuff in the downloads section in its own section, rather than with a specific mod. If someone wants to mod the sound, they will find the right tools if they want.

Third with Anglowar, there was redundancy with same files in both the original mod and the patch. I cleaned it up.

One thing when you make your plugins, do you test them to make sure they work? I know its a silly question, but i want to check whether your version of the config manager can handle wildcards, and if so, could you email me a copy of it?

Cheers
m

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:37 am Post subject: Re: Fixing mods and plugins Reply with quote

morca wrote:
I am going through the mods and plugins and will be fixing them up for mistakes.

Anglowar mod - now fixed. individual files to be removed - only plugins available - UPLOADED.
Kreta mod - in progress
others - TBA

Hi morca,

could you make a plugin file for Op Mk Gd mod ? On my site the download link is without the readme file [pdf]

regards,
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

morca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:08 am Post subject: Re: Fixing mods and plugins Reply with quote

sample wrote:
morca wrote:

Kreta mod - in progress
others - TBA

Hi morca,

could you make a plugin file for Op Mk Gd mod ? On my site the download link is without the readme file [pdf]

regards,
M.

OK, going through it now.

Done - uploading now.

Nembo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

morca wrote:
Third with Anglowar, there was redundancy with same files in both the original mod and the patch. I cleaned it up.

You need those redundant files in the patch. Those redundant files are different, the new gadet0 files changes the rank badges so they have the proper ranks, it changes the the medals the troops are awarded, ect. That also applies to all the redundant files in the patch.

I included the sound editor as thats how the mod came form its maker.

Yes I check to make sure they work.

And what are wildcards.

Make sure you contact Mafi on his Afrika mod. Don't think he will mind, but I'm sure he'll be glad you asked. To date only his maps are availabe at sites other then his site.

-Nembo

morca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

wildcards: (from the config manager Plugin.txt)

(Addenda:
1) Wildcard characters "*" and "?" supported in copy and remove commands.
2) Destination given in copy command can be folder name only, in which case
the destination file is given the same filename. This eliminates having to
re-type the filename.)

So for example install scripts would have the following:
Quote:
copy $THIS\soldiers $CC\data\base\soldiers
copy $THIS\gadget* $CC\graphics\
copy $THIS\veh* $CC\graphics\
copy $THIS\txt* $CC\graphics\textures\
copy $THIS\terrain $CC\graphics\terrain

the gadget* etc wildcard method has never worked for me. Has it for you?

the gadget0 and gadget1 redundancy files. just me trying to streamline. I will take a look and fix it where necessary.

Most of the early mods were made by people with macs. As such, they have no need to make plugins as they have to manually install their mods. They provided all the files necessary in one bunch. This sort of crept over to the pc side of things as the mac guys would include all the files. including the ones that people manually installing could fool around with. Plugins perse dont require them. Thus, I would make the executive desicion and remove them from any plugins. Only files that the plugins actually use should be included. All other files should be left elsewhere to download. Just my opinion.

On another point of discussion : the use of copying files from the cd on uninstall.
I prefer not to use that method because of the possibility of nested plugins. i know there is Conflict ID's to manage that sort of thing, but nested plugins with dependencies, this method may cause problems.

Nembo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="morca]
the gadget0 and gadget1 redundancy files. just me trying to streamline. I will take a look and fix it where necessary.

Most of the early mods were made by people with macs. As such, they have no need to make plugins as they have to manually install their mods. They provided all the files necessary in one bunch. This sort of crept over to the pc side of things as the mac guys would include all the files. including the ones that people manually installing could fool around with. Plugins perse dont require them. Thus, I would make the executive desicion and remove them from any plugins. Only files that the plugins actually use should be included. All other files should be left elsewhere to download. Just my opinion.

On another point of discussion : the use of copying files from the cd on uninstall.
I prefer not to use that method because of the possibility of nested plugins. i know there is Conflict ID's to manage that sort of thing, but nested plugins with dependencies, this method may cause problems.[/quote]

Not just the Gadget files but the other also.

Yes wildcards have always seemed to work. My knowledge of plugins is from looking at the install and unistall files of other CC2 plugins and then making my own.

-Nembo

Last edited by Nembo on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: Fixing mods and plugins Reply with quote

morca wrote:
sample wrote:
morca wrote:

Kreta mod - in progress
others - TBA

Hi morca,

regards,
M.

OK, going through it now.

Done - uploading now.

thanks a lot
regards,
M.

www.mihaisurdea.com

Nembo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded two plugins. Eastern Front Mod, and All the Eastern Front themed maps made for CC2 which inlude Mud, Pulling Teeth, Eastern Front, Steppe, Yelnia2, Yelnia3, Lesna Valley, and Hofbauer's Dacha.

-Nembo

morca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

which maps did you make them replace?

Nembo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

100, 101, 131, 202, 220, 222, 312, 320

-Nembo

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: