Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Author
Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 am Post subject: Vehicle Needed Reply with quote

Does anyone have a graphic of a Centurion tank?  Need it for the 1st Australian Task Force.   Thanks!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:15 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

This is what I have.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Map looks great. I think Vietnam could suit large maps. Massive patrols ect.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

A few more screen shots...had to add the U.S. Navy and MACV-SOG into the picture.

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Wow!!
I want play this mod;)
LOL

When you want the voices i send to you;)..abd new music.sfx;)

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:53 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Dak_Legion,
when you can provide them...no rush, comrade!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:15 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Okay, I put the 1st CAV Huey's back in the game; at least the Gunships and made some improvements on them, too. The Dust-offs have red-crosses and the Slicks are blank on the nose.  Also add the H-6 Loach Recon helo into the game.

DoktorPaj

Rep: 28.4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

This whole idea is great, and it sure looks great too!

Cathartes

Rep: 101.3
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

looks like some fun.  well done modding all the graphic dimensions of the game--maps and all--it's a mountain of work!

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Nice!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Thank you for all the positive remarks.  Update: just working on battlegroups now, doing research to ensure TO&Es are accurate.  One thing about this game is that I don't have big teams.  Most BGs are kept at the company level with very little support (a few mortars/HMGs, slicks for US troops and almost zero vehicles for the PAVN).  

In the meantime, did some more work on the Hueys by rounding out the body more.  Additionally, I added some nose art. Now you have the 1st Cav (Gunships) the 229th Air Assault BN (Slicks) (the battalion that took the Seventh Cavalry in the Ia Drang Valley), the Seawolves of HA(L)-3, and an USMC Huey of an unknown air group (I saw a picture of it and thought the colors were really nice, but don't know how accurate it is).

fry30

Rep: 2.3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

This looks freakin' awesome!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:01 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

A-1 Skyraider

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Operation starlite?

Good pic comrade;)

heia Safari!!

Bel8910

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

completed A Troop/3rd Squadron/4th Cavalry Regiment (?3/4 Quarter Horse", "McKenzie's Raiders").  Attached is the organizational structure from the 3/4 CAV web page.  http://home.comcast.net/~atrp3-4cav/TOE.html

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:10 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Today i meet a Vietnam veteran at work. He was involved in the army museums in Auckland and Wairua.
He was a leader of 6 man rifle team. He said he fought NVA and Vietcong.
He must of liked me because he asked for my email, and i hope he emails me with book recommendation.  
I started a conversation because he was looking at a book called images of war. A new Zealand WW1 book.
His name is credited in the book. He was very knowledgeable about WW2. Especially the battle of Crete.

Today i mentioned this to another old guy wearing a Nz flag on his bag and badges on his cowboy hat. When i mentioned this Vietnam veteran he said "Well, im a Vietnam veteran too!"

2 in two days!

He said he mainly fought NVA. He mentioned the province but i regret not writing it down..
I asked him were they good fighters. He laughed at said " well yea, they won, Haha!".

Added. A very new experience for me.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Anthony_Nz....awesome!   When I served in the Navy, one of my Chief Petty Officers was an "original" SEAL, meaning he was on one of the first teams developed during the war.  He was an awesome guy; but, very quiet about his time in 'Nam, which was understandable.

Bel8910

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:13 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Battlegroups are just about finished:

MACV:
17/2 ARVN
1st Field Force, Vietnam
1-7/1 CAV
2-7/1 CAV
2-5/1 CAV
D Co/35th Inf Rgmt/25th ID
CIA-SAD (Special Action Division)/Green Berets (CIDG)
1 BN/8th Inf Rgmt/4th ID  Embarassed  (Need to update the Unit Icon)
2/75 Rangers
TF 116 (SEALS, Boat Units, SeaBees, Seawolves)
1/9 Marines
B Sqd/3 CAV/1 ATF
1 ATF (Aussie and NZ)
Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG)- Green Berets and local militia
MACVSOG- Special Forces Group
Easy Co/506th/101st Airborne
503rd/173rd Airborne
4th Cavalry (Recon)
2nd Brigade/25th ID (-)

All battle groups were operating in the areas of Hue, A Shau Valley, and the DMZ

PAVN/VC:

VC Independent Force 1, 2 ,3 & (LAOS)- not historical, but accurate TO&E of local VC regional military/paramilitary/guerrilla forces
7 BN/66th Inf Rgmt
8 BN/66 Inf Rgmt
9 BN/66 Inf Rgmt
1 BN/33 Inf Rgmt
3 BN/33 Inf Rgmt
All units operating within the Au Shau Valley

1 VC Main Force/B-5 Front
2 VC Main Force/B-5 Front
3 VC Main Force/B-5 Front

Again, not "historical" but accurate for units operating in this area during the war.

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

woo hoo  Very Happy

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:49 am Post subject: Re: A Mod idea---call me crazy Reply with quote

Beautifull map and icons!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to: