Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
CatfishClyde

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:03 pm Post subject: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently acquired CC3 and tried installing it on Windows Vista. The installation goes smoothly past the direct X update to the point where it is installing fonts. The program sticks on "Installing Fonts" and won't progress with installation. When I open the task manager there is no indication that it is frozen or not responding, just that it can't install fonts. Anyone else have this problem? It's been installing fonts for almost an hour now!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marsola

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a used copy of the game online and I get the exact same problem when I try to install it.

Have you found how to solve this issue over the past 2 years Laughing

Does anyone else has an idea of what causes this problem?

Thanks

Philippe

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Make sure you run the Setup as Administrator, i.e. don't let the Autorun setup start.  Change the properties of the cc3setup.exe on the CD and then run it.  You could also try setting the setup program Compatibility to XP SP2. Although I can't be 100% sure, most of the installation and running problems with CC3 on Vista/Win7 are due to program Compatibility issues and Admin Rights.

I have installed CC3 on both Vista and Win7 and they work, though it can crash when you Quit the program, though no big deal as it doesn't corrupt any files, and Windows traps the crash (gives you a bit of blurb) and then lets you back to the Desktop.

Marsola

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:13 am Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

I did what you said and it worked!!! I'm so happy right now ;)

Much appreciated!

and thank for the really quick reply!

GMAK

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 am Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Not working on my side.

"Where's the king?"

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Make sure to install the official close combat 3 3.0b patch. It fixes a lot. If patch doesn't open extract files from winzip from the exe to your cc3 folder to overwrite older files.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/deskapps/games/public/cc3/patch/

A. Changes for Version 3.0b
Multiplayer connection stability is greatly improved.
Several crashes that occurred in multiplayer games are fixed.
A bug that caused the game to crash sometimes when viewing the Map in the game shell is fixed.
Bazookas and Panzerschrecks now have slower reload times.
A bug that caused the SAI (strategic artificial intelligence) to purchase twice the correct number of tanks for the current map is fixed.
A player who has more equipment than intended for the current Operation receives 50 points instead of 10 points at the start of the Operation.
The computer is less likely to send armor units to areas containing vehicles destroyed during the current Battle.
Pathfinding is improved to better handle short paths.
When the SAI is on defense, the computer's units will be more likely to remain in place until contact with the enemy is made.
Units given Move and Sneak orders will try to make better use of defensive terrain.
The computer now accepts a truce after 5-15 minutes if there is no combat or if victory locations do not change sides.
Progress meters are added for long data transfers in multiplayer games.
The AB GDs 120mm mortar no longer has two mortar tubes.
Machine guns can now directly target AT (antitank) guns and heavy mortars.
Units do not conserve ammo as quickly any more.
Reload times for AT guns are increased.
Several bugs are fixed that made the computer camp despite having an advantage.
The kill power of units at long and medium range is fixed.
Shells hit parts of the JSII based on the correct probability now.

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:52 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

I also highly recommend realred mod for cc3 found here and cc4 explosions for cc3.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=674

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1924

vobbnobb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

moved

Last edited by vobbnobb on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

GMAK

Rep: 26.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: CC3 stuck installing fonts Reply with quote

Thanks for the help but I won't botter anyway. Longest day is working and I'm playing this instead.

"Where's the king?"

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: