Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:08 pm Post subject: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Russia - Whats goin on..

Whats going on in Russia, and why is all this happening now?

"All this" would be:
1. Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War
2. Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014 :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation  
3. Russian ongoing “annexation, call it what you like” of East Ukraine : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_pro-Russian_unrest_in_Ukraine
4. Anti gay laws et al
5. From a free Russian media to a state controlled media...
6. ....

What are the reasons, the driving factors for the Russian actions?
How does all this fit into Russia’s long term strategy?
How does the performance of the Russian economy play into this? Russia lags in a comparison to most other nations in all or most of the desirable indexes of human development and progress…

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I take the Liberty of posting a link here to a article worth Reading (thanx Cathartes) :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/its-not-just-about-the-malaysian-flight-russians-are-living-in-an-alternate-reality/

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Georgian_War

fake. Russia retaliated that time.
Probably you don't know but Saakashvilli can't come to Georgia now as the Georgian court wants him for starting that war.

Quote:
2. Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014 :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_of_Crimea_by_the_Russian_Federation  

I've never been to Crimea and will not likely go there and my region (Kaliningrad) will get 10 times less money from the Federal budget till 2020 because all money went to Crimea but I think that was cool Smile.

Quote:
3. Russian ongoing “annexation, call it what you like” of East Ukraine : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_pro-Russian_unrest_in_Ukraine

fake. If we wanted to annex it we would do already. Too expensive - see point 2. They are like cavemen there earning USD 200 a month.

Quote:
4. Anti gay laws et al

I suppport it!
you can still be a gay in Russia (most of our goverment and artists are) no problem but you are not allowed to come to the public places and promote it - that is what the law about.

Quote:

ahh?! we still have 150 independent TV channels as by this week.
And you think the US or Brit TV channels are independent?

Quote:
6. ....

beeing a Russian company and using Russian technologies I supply goods to all over the World including the USA, EU, China a number of independend countries like Iceland, Faroe Islands, Namibia, Guinea, etc Wink.

Quote:
What are the reasons, the driving factors for the Russian actions?

bad economics situation and poor support of the goverment before Crimea.
even worse economics situation but huge support for the goverment now.

Quote:
How does all this fit into Russia’s long term strategy?

I don't think Russia has a long term strategy :(

Quote:
How does the performance of the Russian economy play into this? Russia lags in a comparison to most other nations in all or most of the desirable indexes of human development and progress…

we live free and happy in Russia Smile.
if you don't go into politic you can do whatever Smile

Last edited by Dima on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
I take the Liberty of posting a link here to a article worth Reading (thanx Cathartes) :
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/07/24/its-not-just-about-the-malaysian-flight-russians-are-living-in-an-alternate-reality/  

will quote myself:
Quote:
I actually tend to agree to that.
today I had a big argument with my employees explaining them why can't we just invade and occupy Ukraine. Had a hard time explaining them that when you have an economics like Russia and all the foreign payments go through New York you should sit on your ass and breath calm even if you have enough nukes to kill the World.
And I agree that most of the Russian population is really living in the alternate reality.
But that doesn't prove anything about MH17....

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:53 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Btw I really like Sweden, you guys are smart and after you were smashed by Russia 400 years ago you decided to be calm and could develop culture and business! Respect!
When I read that Sweden has a number 2 in the World for rapes I don't really understand it as you guys seem so calm and cool. I really like that you accepted so many foreigners to be Sweds recently and tolerate that that around 55% don't work! Maybe one day I will immigrate to Sweden too - cool climate and no need to work Smile.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Hia Dima

Dima wrote (View Post):
we live free and happy in Russia Smile.

Theres a index called ”Quality of life index”, this is the 2014 ranking …

Link: http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings_by_country.jsp

Russia is at place 65 out of 78 ranked nations.
That’s not bad is it? Na, being at No 1 would be the best, and being at 78 is the worst.
Notice that Russia is outperformed by countries like:  Pakistan!, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Georgia, Bulgaria, India!, Belarus!

Now, that suggests that Russia is really Kaputin.. No?

So, Im tempted to argue that the reason why Putin controlles the media is because he don’t want the Russian to see that he’s a crap leader who’s inability’s results in Russia is lagging behind the progress of other nations, thus nation after nation is moving past Russia. Even though, Russians have got it “better”, as you would say.

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:20 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Quote:
Russia is at place 65 out of 78 ranked nations.
That’s not bad is it? Na, being at No 1 would be the best, and being at 78 is the worst.
Notice that Russia is outperformed by countries like:  Pakistan!, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Georgia, Bulgaria, India!, Belarus!

I really don't understand it, I live in Kaliningrad region between Poland and Lithuania (no borders with mainland Russia) and what I can see that there are lines of polish cars at out West border and lines of Lithuanian cars at our east border coming here to earn some money. Do these countries have higher places than Russia?
Poland forces the EU to exclusively have non-visa area for Kaliningrad and Poland - about 300km width - to earn money. They started to build alot of super stores like Carefour, Makro, Leklerk, etc to get the Kaliningrad people as the prices are about 30% lower than in Kaliningrad.
We have like 3mlns of Ukranians (~5% of population) working in Russia right now. More from other CIS countries as they can have very good (in comparison to their homes) salaries here. We buy alot of premises in Bulgaria as they are very cheap for Russians, we generate like 30% of Turkey income from tourists as that's a kind of our home resort country (neve been there though). We fly to Minks (Belorus) or Warsaw (Poland) or Vilnius (Lithuania) to have a fun on weekend as they are very cheap and like us Smile.
So most likely here are poor people in the RF but Im the wrong person to talk about Smile.

Quote:
Now, that suggests that Russia is really Kaputin.. No?

nah, grunts are brainwashed, like any other country grunts the US f.e.
but we, the upper middle class, live free and happy here Wink.
Come to Kaliningrad I will show - Tippo was here once, he seemed to like and change his opinion about Russia Wink.

Quote:
So, Im tempted to argue that the reason why Putin controlles the media is because he don’t want the Russian to see that he’s a crap leader who’s inability’s results in Russia is lagging behind the progress of other nations, thus nation after nation is moving past Russia. Even though, Russians have got it “better”, as you would say.

Putin doesn't need to do that as grunts are so happy about stability and USD 600 a month so they don't ask anything.
they DO really go and vote for him as they think he has brought a STABILITY for them after the disasterous 90s.

And again, Im the wrong person to argue about Putin's glory as I don't support him or his actions (except Crimea Smile) Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Hay Dima.

This was previously posted in another thread, but this is the thread for it:

Lets look at other indicators of national performance. Average life expectancy is a grate indicator of a socio/economic performance. It gives a comprehensive unbiased indicator of social and economical development.

I’m using WHO data of life expectancy in the year 1990 and 2012:

In 1990 Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  

As we can see, Russia has not increased its life expectancy in 22 years.

Lets look at other countries, and see how they developed:
In 1990 China had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 China had an average life expectancy of 75 years.

So, China has a better statistics here. They increased the life expectancy from 69 years in 1990 to 75 years in 2012. That’s an increase in 6 years, compared to Russias 0 [zero] years.  

In 1990 Indonesia had an average life expectancy of 62 years.  
In 2012 Indonesia had an average life expectancy of 71 years.

Hm, so Indonesia has had some good development, starting from low 3-rd world figures, and now beats Russia with 2 years.

Lets be very fair here. Lets look at the former Soviet States and Soviet stateliest and see how they developed compared to Russia, in the same period 1990 and 2012 figures.. This ought to give a good indicator of performance as all the sates was soviet controlled or communist satellites in 1990. Thus they started from similar conditions in 1990, this ought to give an very fair good indicator of preformance.

A reminder of Russian development in life expectancy from 1990 to 2012:

Lets look at the former soviet state Kyrgyzstan, and see how they developed from 1990 to 2012:
In 1990 Kyrgyzstan (under Soviet/Russian domination) had an average life expectancy of 66 years.  
In 2012 Kyrgyzstan had a average life expectancy of 69 years.

So, since Kyrgyzstan was made independent from Soviet/Russia its life expectancy has increased, while at the same time Putins Russia life expectancy has not increased. Is Putin more than a nationalistic wind-bag?  

Lets look at other countries in the former Soviet/Russian empire, and see how they developed:
In 1990 Uzbecistan (under Soviet/Russian era) had an average life expectancy of 67 years.  
In 2012 the free Uzbecistan had a average life expectancy of 69 years.

Uzbecistan has now the same life expectancy as Putin-Russia…

Lets look at other countries in the former Soviet/Russian empire, and see how they developed:
In 1990 Latvia (under Soviet/Russian era) had a average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 the free Lativia had a average life expectancy of 79 years.

Since Latvia was made independent from Russia in 1990 up to 2012 its life expectancy has increased with 10 years…

Lets look at another soviet satellite like Poland, and see how they developed in the same period:
In 1990 Poland (as a soviet/russian communist satellite) had an life expectancy of 71 years.  
In 2012 the free Poland had a average life expectancy of 77 years.

As Russia has failed in increasing the life expectancy, other soviet- nations and satellite nation has not failed. Poland has increased the Life expect of 6 years, thus outpreformes Russia.

Oh, Lets look at another soviet “satellite” like Cuba, who still believe in communism, and see how they developed in the same period:

In 1990 Cuba had an life expectancy of 74 years.  
In 2012 Cuba had a average life expectancy of 79 years.

Russia is outperformed by the communist Castro Cuba.…

In 2013 Russia was ranked on place 124 of 194 countries in Life expectancy. Russia was outperformed by nations like: Moldavia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Morocco, Philippines, Fiji, Egypt, Algeria, Iran, Albania!!!, Lebanon!!!, Armenia, Georgia, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam, … etc etc,….  Russia was ranked 124…. Russia was outperformed by 3 rd world countries en masse.

Doesnt these figures suggest that Russia kaputin?

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Hay Dima.

This was previously posted in another thread, but this is the thread for it:

Lets look at other indicators of national performance. Average life expectancy is a grate indicator of a socio/economic performance. It gives a comprehensive unbiased indicator of social and economical development.

I’m using WHO data of life expectancy in the year 1990 and 2012:

As we can see, Russia has not increased its life expectancy in 22 years.

In 1990 China had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 China had an average life expectancy of 75 years.

So, China has a better statistics here. They increased the life expectancy from 69 years in 1990 to 75 years in 2012. That’s an increase in 6 years, compared to Russias 0 [zero] years.  

In 1990 Indonesia had an average life expectancy of 62 years.  
In 2012 Indonesia had an average life expectancy of 71 years.

Hm, so Indonesia has had some good development, starting from low 3-rd world figures, and now beats Russia with 2 years.

Lets be very fair here. Lets look at the former Soviet States and Soviet stateliest and see how they developed compared to Russia, in the same period 1990 and 2012 figures.. This ought to give a good indicator of performance as all the sates was soviet controlled or communist satellites in 1990. Thus they started from similar conditions in 1990, this ought to give an very fair good indicator of preformance.

Lets look at the former soviet state Kyrgyzstan, and see how they developed from 1990 to 2012:
In 1990 Kyrgyzstan (under Soviet/Russian domination) had an average life expectancy of 66 years.  
In 2012 Kyrgyzstan had a average life expectancy of 69 years.

So, since Kyrgyzstan was made independent from Soviet/Russia its life expectancy has increased, while at the same time Putins Russia life expectancy has not increased. Is Putin more than a nationalistic wind-bag?  

In 1990 Uzbecistan (under Soviet/Russian era) had an average life expectancy of 67 years.  
In 2012 the free Uzbecistan had a average life expectancy of 69 years.

Uzbecistan has now the same life expectancy as Putin-Russia…

In 1990 Latvia (under Soviet/Russian era) had a average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 the free Lativia had a average life expectancy of 79 years.

Since Latvia was made independent from Russia in 1990 up to 2012 its life expectancy has increased with 10 years…

Lets look at another soviet satellite like Poland, and see how they developed in the same period:
In 1990 Poland (as a soviet/russian communist satellite) had an life expectancy of 71 years.  
In 2012 the free Poland had a average life expectancy of 77 years.

As Russia has failed in increasing the life expectancy, other soviet- nations and satellite nation has not failed. Poland has increased the Life expect of 6 years, thus outpreformes Russia.

Oh, Lets look at another soviet “satellite” like Cuba, who still believe in communism, and see how they developed in the same period:

In 1990 Cuba had an life expectancy of 74 years.  
In 2012 Cuba had a average life expectancy of 79 years.

Russia is outperformed by the communist Castro Cuba.…

In 2013 Russia was ranked on place 124 of 194 countries in Life expectancy. Russia was outperformed by nations like: Moldavia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Morocco, Philippines, Fiji, Egypt, Algeria, Iran, Albania!!!, Lebanon!!!, Armenia, Georgia, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Syria, Vietnam, … etc etc,….  Russia was ranked 124…. Russia was outperformed by 3 rd world countries en masse.

Doesnt these figures suggest that Russia kaputin?

I will quote myself:
Quote:
Maybe you should stop now and study subject?
http://www.rferl.org/content/life-expectancy-cis-report/24946030.html
Male life expectancy in Russia fell from 63 years in 1990 to 58 in 2000, and rose again to 62 years in 2009. Female life expectancy in Russia has remained fairly steady. It was 74 years in 1990, dipped to 72 in 2000, and rose back to 74 years in 2009.

So no, for the grunts Putin is the savior Wink

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Stalk,

stop a berserk mode, you are arguing yourself using bad data Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I forgot, a developed World view of it:

And let me inform you that while Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years in 2012 other developed countries life expectancy in 2012 was:
Sweden 82 years
Switz 83 years
UK 81 years
France 82 years
Germany 81 years
Norway 82 years

See what I mean...

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

I forgot, a developed World view of it:
And let me inform you that while Russia had an average life expectancy of 69 years in 2012 other developed countries life expectancy in 2012 was:
Sweden 82 years
Switz 83 years
UK 81 years
France 82 years
Germany 81 years
Norway 82 years
See what I mean...

has any of these countries were pillaged for 10 years?
it's always better to be rich and healthy then poor and ill Wink.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Moving on... :

Dima old mate

Dima wrote (View Post):
I don't think Russia has a long term strategy

Now, either your just covering things up and being a good litte putinist, or your plain ignorant.
Mate, we know you. You’re one of the most clever guys, so I believe it’s the first.

Let me present our dear Mr: Aleksandr Gelyevich Dugin

Dugin is the adviser to the State Duma speaker as well as key member of “United Russia party” that’s Putins party, isn’t it?  He’s the chief ideologue and the founder of the Eurasia movement, Right? Dugin is the guy who are the author of “Foundation of geopolitics”, right?
Hm, we sometimes ask our self, “Why dint the leaders in 1930 th read Mein Kampf…”

Today, I ask my self, “Why don’t we read Dugins “Foundation of geopolitics”, or at least take 5 minutes and read a summery of it?
There we have it, the blue print of the Russian strategy for this centaury: subversion, destabilization, disinformation by the Russian special forces. Sounds familiar?

It’s a plan to Russify the whole Europe region and part of Asia and the middle east, though under different ethnic influences. Recreating the M-R pact in a new dress, more Russified than the last time..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Dugin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
Read this:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/expansionist+behind+Putin/9801689/story.html
http://old.cacianalyst.org/?q=node/4928

This guy Dugin made the grand strategy for Putins Russia: his strategy is uniting the Russian speaking people under Russia. Retake the old Russian Empire borders, that means Baltic’s, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania as well as Finland Belarus, Georgia, AND Crimea AND Ukraine, as well as a whole lot of other states….

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

too many letter for me now Smile
check yer pm.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):

Yes actually. Here is a list of countries that was at war during the timeframe… Lets see how they fair compared to Putin-Russia…

Putin Russia had 0 [zero] life expectancy increase in 22 years.

In 1990 Iraq had an average life expectancy of 69 years.  
In 2012 Iraq had an average life expectancy of 71 years.  

In this timeframe Iraq had 2 wars, and major internal fighting, 13-years of sanctions and isolation, still they managed to increase therer life expectancy with 2 years, while at the same time supa-kaputin-russia managed zero years..
But kaputin russia is so grate..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_war
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctions_against_Iraq

In 1990 Bosnia had an average life expectancy of 73 years.  
In 2012 Bosnia had an average life expectancy of 77 years.  

Bosnia had a 4 year war in the 90 th.. They had a genoside…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War
Still they have increased there lidfe expectancy with  4 years during the same time as supa-putin-russia had zero…

In 1990 Croatia had an average life expectancy of 73 years.  
In 2012 Croatia had an average life expectancy of 78 years.  

Croatia had a war:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croat%E2%80%93Bosniak_War
And still Croatia managed to increase there life expectancy of 5 years, while at the same time
Russia managed 0 [zero]..

Oh man, Lebanon…  
In 1990 Lebanon had an average life expectancy of 67 years.  
In 2012 Lebanon had an average life expectancy of 80 years.

Well... anything else?

Seem to me that its still kaputin...

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:56 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Moving on... :

Dima old mate

Dima wrote (View Post):
I don't think Russia has a long term strategy

Now, either your just covering things up and being a good litte putinist, or your plain ignorant.
Mate, we know you. You’re one of the most clever guys, so I believe it’s the first.

Let me present our dear Mr: Aleksandr Gelyevich Dugin

Dugin is the adviser to the State Duma speaker as well as key member of “United Russia party” that’s Putins party, isn’t it?  He’s the chief ideologue and the founder of the Eurasia movement, Right? Dugin is the guy who are the author of “Foundation of geopolitics”, right?
Hm, we sometimes ask our self, “Why dint the leaders in 1930 th read Mein Kampf…”

Today, I ask my self, “Why don’t we read Dugins “Foundation of geopolitics”, or at least take 5 minutes and read a summery of it?
There we have it, the blue print of the Russian strategy for this centaury: subversion, destabilization, disinformation by the Russian special forces. Sounds familiar?

It’s a plan to Russify the whole Europe region and part of Asia and the middle east, though under different ethnic influences. Recreating the M-R pact in a new dress, more Russified than the last time..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Dugin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
Read this:
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/expansionist+behind+Putin/9801689/story.html
http://old.cacianalyst.org/?q=node/4928
This guy Dugin made the grand strategy for Putins Russia: his strategy is uniting the Russian speaking people under Russia. Retake the old Russian Empire borders, that means Baltic’s, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania as well as Finland Belarus, Georgia, AND Crimea AND Ukraine, as well as a whole lot of other states….

wow never heard about that guy Smile looks like a crazy mean bastard Smile
this guy is commonly known to be an ideologist of Kremlin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_Surkov

if our "elite" had the long term strategy they would develop economy...but obviously they don't

Last edited by Dima on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:07 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

[quote]
Dima wrote (View Post):

Yes actually. Here is a list of countries that was at war during the timeframe… Lets see how they fair compared to Putin-Russia…

mate, the problem was not in war we had but in lost connections in ex-republics..I suggest you to read this book to understand the USSR economics and industry - http://www.amazon.com/Collapse-Empire-Lessons-Modern-Russia/dp/0815731140

Quote:

again you should take at least 3 points 1990-2000-2012 and then you will see that life expendancy in Russia was going down till 2005 and then starting to return to 1990 level.
http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SP.DYN.LE00.IN/compare?country=iq#country=ba:hr:iq:lb:ru

Quote:
Putin Russia had 0 [zero] life expectancy increase in 22 years.

sorry to disappoint you but there was Eltsin and Gorbachev Russia 22 years ago Wink. so whom to blame?

Quote:
Seem to me that its still kaputin...

how can't you notice that even all your stats showing growth for Russia in last years?

and again, that's not because of great Putin but because of the good prices for natural resources.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:15 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

False.  Russian separatists instigated a fight, just like they have done in eastern Ukraine.  

Dima wrote (View Post):
Probably you don't know but Saakashvilli can't come to Georgia now as the Georgian court wants him for starting that war.

False.  Saakashvili is not wanted for "starting the war."  He's been summoned for question regarding a murder case.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I've never been to Crimea and will not likely go there and my region (Kaliningrad) will get 10 times less money from the Federal budget till 2020 because all money went to Crimea but I think that was cool Smile.

Was the brutal subjugation of Crimean Tartars (the people who can claim Crimea as their ancestral homeland) taught to you in school?  Or is Crimea just portrayed as the a place where Russians always roamed free? (as so many Russians were claiming months ago)

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

fake. If we wanted to annex it we would do already. Too expensive - see point 2. They are like cavemen there earning USD 200 a month.

Sure, Russia could annex it, but then even the EU couldn't ignore that and they would have to sanction it's business with you.  Russia is supporting the rebels with everything they need, simply to sow unrest for the Ukrainian government, not in hopes of ever taking the region over.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Your main newspapers and television stations are state-owned, state-funded (directly or indirectly), and/or state-ran. There are only a few truly independent news sources.  Majority of the U.S. and British are private, independent media outlets.

Russia's ranking in the 2014 Press Freedom Index: 148th out of 179 countries, giving it a "bad" rating.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press_in_Russia

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:32 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Like many countries, using the term "Russia" is a huge generalisation. There are obviously many different parts of the country with different standards of living and even diffenrent culture / customs.
A country like Russia is simply too large and complicated to pigeon hole with statistics.

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:12 am Post subject: Re: Russia - Whats goin on.. Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

False.  Russian separatists instigated a fight, just like they have done in eastern Ukraine.

the report of the EU comission clearly said Georgia attacked, Russian retaliated.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/29/world/europe/29georgia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0  
http://www.dw.de/independent-report-blames-georgia-for-south-ossetia-war/a-4746802

Quote:
Dima wrote (View Post):

False.  Saakashvili is not wanted for "starting the war."  He's been summoned for question regarding a murder case.

yes, my bad, read that they had started a new investigation last year.
he's summoned for questions for 10 cases.

Quote:
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Was the brutal subjugation of Crimean Tartars (the people who can claim Crimea as their ancestral homeland) taught to you in school?  Or is Crimea just portrayed as the a place where Russians always roamed free? (as so many Russians were claiming months ago)

Was the brutal subjugation of American Indians taught to you in school?
We conquered Crimea in XVIII century - Osman Empire refused their rights on Crimea after loss in 1774 year war. The remaining Tatars were allowed to leave in Crimea. So?

Quote:
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Sure, Russia could annex it, but then even the EU couldn't ignore that and they would have to sanction it's business with you.  Russia is supporting the rebels with everything they need, simply to sow unrest for the Ukrainian government, not in hopes of ever taking the region over.

the militia says they can't get modern ATGM from Russia. Whom should we believe you or them?

Quote:
Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Your main newspapers and television stations are state-owned, state-funded (directly or indirectly), and/or state-ran. There are only a few truly independent news sources.  Majority of the U.S. and British are private, independent media outlets.

yes, but there are still 150 independend TV channels as by last week - everyone can choose what to watch.

Quote:
Russia's ranking in the 2014 Press Freedom Index: 148th out of 179 countries, giving it a "bad" rating.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press_in_Russia  

can't argue Smile

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Jump to: