Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 am Post subject: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I'm not.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Stopped playing due to unavoidable idiotic multiplayer crashes. They claim to have fixed these issues with the patch, but haven't had time to check it so far. And actually I won't have time for a month or so to play anyway, due to more urgent real life matters.

Rodmorg

Rep: 42.6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I am and will be continuing since there are some mods coming soon.

Winner of the Close Combat fanatics 'Panthers League'

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Very little to not much.
I'm trying to play the GC but its hard.

I'm hoping Dima's Mod will get me into it but even then I feel someone needs to cut the maps down.

stwa:
You interested in cutting the maps down for me/us?
I know you can do it in seconds.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Hi platoon michael,

Ordinarily, I would not mind at all. But it is the same answer is used with Schrecken.

I (we) are applying the determination that a cutdown map is just a partial copy of the original map. Like making a copy of some (but not all) of a page in a book.

If true, a cutdown map (if distributed) would constitute copyright infringement.

That being said, I don't like discussing it, because I am hardly an expert on the subject, the laws keep changing, and in the end it always seems like a waste of time even thinking about it.

Most maps in the various CC games break the AI once they achieve a certain size. In reality, a 40 x 40 CCMT map has 4 times the area of 20 x 20 CC5 map. The AI does move on these maps, and it will attack. It just takes forever for the AI to crawl (sneak) from point A to point B.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Very little to not much.
I'm trying to play the GC but its hard.

I'm hoping Dima's Mod will get me into it but even then I feel someone needs to cut the maps down.

stwa:
You interested in cutting the maps down for me/us?
I know you can do it in seconds.

I think TIK (TheImparatorKnight) is cutting down the maps to make a small map mod and mentions on his channel that he is already half-way through with it. Check his Youtube channel, he has a nice thing going on there and also shows his modding works.

Smaller maps will make playing against the AI more fun for sure, but it is pointless if your main reason for playing CC is playing it multiplayer (in my case). :)

Edit: Why would cutting down maps be considered copyright infringement? After all, you are not distributing it for money. Then all other mods should also be illegal, since they use data and elements from the original game? I have not heard of such a thing before, strange.

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:48 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Why would cutting down maps be considered copyright infringement? After all, you are not distributing it for money. Then all other mods should also be illegal, since they use data and elements from the original game? I have not heard of such a thing before, strange. -Crackwise

Like I said, I am no expert, but I do know the laws have changed already, where the "no profit" or "no money" defense is no longer applicable.

To what extent "data" is subject to copyright laws, I cannot say. I do not know, and I don't want to pay an attorney to tell me one way or another, since he might be wrong as well. There was a rumor concerning "the quantity" of such items copied. But me thinks that defense is also no longer applicable.

Perhaps the copyright holders of the maps wouldn't mind issuing a written and signed waiver allowing you to make modifcations to their maps. But, I have not heard of such a thing before, strange.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I would be playing but between all of the play testing and the numerous games against the AI after the release, I have gone though so many of each campaign at work that I needed a break. So moved onto COI for the time being.

As far as the copyright issue: I can't see that the company would gain anything by going after people even if they could. I assume that the modding option includes changing the maps also.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Thank-You Pzt_Crackwise

Does anyone know if CC2Tools will work with maps from GWTC?

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:29 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I haven't in a while.  Operations don't seem to be good for H2H.  Data isn't good for H2H.  Crashing is still a problem.

Dima's mod will hopefully fix some things, or at the very least give a better base to work off for future mods.

Stwa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
As far as the copyright issue: I can't see that the company would gain anything by going after people even if they could. I assume that the modding option includes changing the maps also.

Sure, if you change a map substantially, then there would be no danger of copyright infringement.

But, just cutting them down a little really doesn't change anything, it just removes some (but not all) of the copied map.

BTW, what do you mean by the "modding option".

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Stwa, I may have spoken incorrectly but from what I have been hearing and seeing nearly all the CC games are moddable. Is that not correct? Is there not a modding option on GtC?

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Why is there no workbook for GWTC?

Not even a request for one.
Is this just an  oversight or the beginning implements of a Trend?

Dima

Rep: 87.3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Why is there no workbook for GWTC?
Not even a request for one.
Is this just an  oversight or the beginning implements of a Trend?

I use PITF workbook for GTC data.

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Stwa, I may have spoken incorrectly but from what I have been hearing and seeing nearly all the CC games are moddable. Is that not correct? Is there not a modding option on GtC?

Hey,

I am completely clueless. I have seen a lot of people come through the forum and allude to this "modding option", but I have not seen anything in writing from Matrix. But, that being said, I haven't been looking to hard for it either.

The attachment below shows the CCMT License Agreement.

If "The Enclosed Software Program" refers only to the CCMT.EXE file, then maybe it is OK to mod, change, or copy the maps.

If "The Enclosed Software Program" refers to everything that was installed, like data files, map files, etc., then maybe it is NOT OK to mod, change, or copy the maps.

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:30 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I keep reading stuff about MP crashes but haven't encountered any of them, i have been playing with a friend of mine and we are a few day's in our grand campaign and didn't get any crash.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Been playing on and off. I have mixed feelings on PiTF and GtC changes from LSA; sepecifically the inability to select individual teams/vehicles and the map scale (originally thought it was good) as you get vehicles destroyed without seeing what shot it.

Still slowly moving Meuse to LSA.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

Still slowly moving Meuse to LSA.

Where's my whip?

johnsilver

Rep: 61.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

Quote:
I would be playing but between all of the play testing and the numerous games against the AI after the release, I have gone though so many of each campaign at work that I needed a break.

That's me too. Played all the campaigns, switched sides, then played some of the ops.. Still love the game and the improvements over PiTF (mortars don't kill everything etc..), but cannot play the same thing forever without change.

Back on CC5 mods again now, Nomada's '46 to be exact getting ready for his GTC of the same name hopefully soon.

Never could get used to the CC3/COI style forcepool many of us had a blast with years ago again. After came back to CC several years back have stuck to CC5/TLD/WAR style forcepool games and don't know why. We all played with the "tired/rest" thing years ago, even in H2H ops.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still playing? Reply with quote

I played the Historical Campaign as the Germans and blowed upp 100+ Shermans and then returned to Panzer Corps  Rolling Eyes

//Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: